PDA

View Full Version : workshop manuals

thefastwon
27th December 2007, 10:43 PM
Hi all I am a new member. have a 2005 astra 1.8 classic equipe ts auto, from brand new 53,000Ks so far. I intend to service this car from now on. First prob 'spark plugs' NGK - BKR5EK or NGK - ZFR5F-11, pulled out Bosch FQR8LEU2. It seems difficult to find any concrete details about this car on the net (for me at least). I have read plenty on this site and have not found much about servicing by owners, I am interested in finding out what brands of filters, oil air fuel, others are using. I have read the post about transmission fluid with great interest, there does'nt appear to be much feed back from others here on this subject, to my disappointment.
I have looked for a work shop manual on ebay but this car is not covered by what is available for this Astra. I look forward to hear from many forum members.
:cool:

sri05
27th December 2007, 11:39 PM
My daughter has the same car

use genuine you can't go wrong and surprisingly they are usually cheaper than RYCO, Valvoline etc

Oil filter is $9
Fuel Filter is $16

I use Magnatec 10w40 engine oil and you will need a Torkz 45 for the sump plug

Also Repco are having a 20% off sale next 3 days - may as well get NGK Iridium plugs if you are going to replace yours and you can get them cheaper than normal

SKM_87
28th December 2007, 01:51 AM
for your plugs, use the rating in the service book. get iridium if you can spare it, works better in the long run. also if you can afford it get a oil filter with a aint drain valve. helps save on start up wear and tear. fuel filter use std, air filter get a k 'n' n (or similar) if you can afford. oil, buy a quality brand of the correct rating.

EL BURITO
28th December 2007, 02:24 AM
remember timing belt is due in 7000km

kit can be brought from autovaux.co.uk for 1/3 of aus prices

DirtyHarry
28th December 2007, 01:17 PM
timing belts on those models are done at 90'000km. as for the spark plugs use the same type that came in the car (which you can get from holden). The engines in these classic models is the same one which was used in the AH Astra before it went VVT. Not much difference but youll notice that in the ah and the classic they use the same plugs, however in the other astra g's they use different ones....god knows why.
Youll also notice these engines dont have a EGR valve, which is good i guess...less potential problems.

SKM_87
28th December 2007, 01:18 PM
oh yeh, if you plan to do the timimg belt your self you'll need some torx sockets. (you need to remove the engine mount

DirtyHarry
28th December 2007, 01:19 PM
as for the service manual, just buy the haynes book. it covers the astra g models till 04 i think.
you can also get/download/buy the TIS2000 which is more comprehensive than the book, however if you use them both, you cant go wrong.

platypus
29th December 2007, 11:49 PM
if your buying from autovaux save your self some frustration and buy a cam lock!

will stop the cams from springing around on the valve springs!