PDA

View Full Version : 12 days of DOUBLE DEMERITS!

jsantos
21st December 2007, 04:07 AM
Fresh from the RTA Website

"12 days of double demerits over Xmas New YearDouble demerits apply for speeding and seatbelt offences from Friday 21 December to Tuesday 1 January inclusive."

You've been warned!!!

SKM_87
21st December 2007, 09:02 AM
Wa has DD untill the 6th of jan

Dave
21st December 2007, 09:55 AM
Thats not cool..............

SSS_Hoon
21st December 2007, 10:05 AM
they said on the radio this morning that it fiinishes on the 4th of Jan, this was on 2DayFm summer fling show.

SSS_Hoon

btm
21st December 2007, 10:06 AM
they said on the radio this morning that it fiinishes on the 4th of Jan, this was on 2DayFm summer fling show.

SSS_Hoon

strange that they'd finish it on a friday and not the sunday....

btm
21st December 2007, 10:07 AM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/demeritpoints/index.html?hfid=ddemerits

SSS_Hoon
21st December 2007, 10:10 AM
strange that they'd finish it on a friday and not the sunday....

yeah that is what i though, as i thought the TV said the first in there ad.

yeah i just went to the RTA site too hehehe.

SSS_Hoon

blueraven
21st December 2007, 10:49 AM
cool bonus points!!!

the more points you got the better right?!?! its like frequent flyer miles, i will be getting a free toaster soon!!

coyotte
21st December 2007, 11:00 AM
"Fly Buys" ? I've collected 9 points.
I promise to drive like my mother till further notice.
Although its very difficult some times.

SIMid
21st December 2007, 12:37 PM
I saw this thread this morning. Left work in the company car to go to another site and got busted.
$220, 3 demerit points.

Was doing 94 in a 70 zone when I thought it was an 80 zone. :rolleyes:

First offense in 17yrs. Cant contest it cause it's over 15km/h. :mad:

But no dble demerit points. Phew! But no xmas pressies for me. :(

btm
21st December 2007, 01:48 PM
why no double demerits?

Dave
22nd December 2007, 01:51 AM
Its some stupid idea to try and keep the road death toll low over the holiday period. But realy, i can only see it serving to piss motorists off rather the curb there speeding habbits.

Kinda like speed cameras, you slow down for em, but ya speed straight back up when theyre not around. Or if your some over the top muppet you slow down to 20 bellow the speed limit and hold all the traffic up while giveing the people 2k down the road who have the unfortunat experience of traveling behind you brakes a workout.

Personaly i dont see this method being an effective solution to the holiday death toll. People is stupid, and stupid is what stupid does, thats all there is to it, Untill the human part of the equation is taken out of driveing there is always going to be some idiot that wipes him self and others out, wether they are speeding or not, pretty much if you hit something at 100k its going to hurt, i dont realy see and extra 20 or so makeing much of a difference, your still going to be ****ed. what about a 100k head on with traffic traveling in the oposit direction allso doing 100k, instant 200k impact, another 40 aint going to hurt right ? your still dead.

phtm
27th December 2007, 10:14 AM
The only way i see to not rack up demerit points is to practice driving at the speed limit. I see it as a test to try and see how effectively I can move through the traffic. Like a time trial! I do this not because I like to travel at the speed limit but I hate paying for speed fines or anything else like that. And if you want speed take it to the track. The thing that causes most deaths on our freeways is cars coming off the freeway and hitting a tree. If the freeway edge was planted with some kind of foliage to stop or slow down cars less people would die.

oneightoo
28th December 2007, 09:45 AM
Its some stupid idea to try and keep the road death toll low over the holiday period. But realy, i can only see it serving to piss motorists off rather the curb there speeding habbits.

Kinda like speed cameras, you slow down for em, but ya speed straight back up when theyre not around. Or if your some over the top muppet you slow down to 20 bellow the speed limit and hold all the traffic up while giveing the people 2k down the road who have the unfortunat experience of traveling behind you brakes a workout.

Personaly i dont see this method being an effective solution to the holiday death toll. People is stupid, and stupid is what stupid does, thats all there is to it, Untill the human part of the equation is taken out of driveing there is always going to be some idiot that wipes him self and others out, wether they are speeding or not, pretty much if you hit something at 100k its going to hurt, i dont realy see and extra 20 or so makeing much of a difference, your still going to be ****ed. what about a 100k head on with traffic traveling in the oposit direction allso doing 100k, instant 200k impact, another 40 aint going to hurt right ? your still dead.

you're half joking right??

whats an extra 40km/h? less time to slow down if you're paying attention is what it is.. it might give you the extra time you need to take a fatal accident down to just a few broken limbs and bruises.. i know which id prefer..

bigmick
28th December 2007, 11:36 AM
if ya don't speed then there's no problem is there