PDA

View Full Version : red AH sri-t from melb

Kerrie
19th December 2007, 10:07 PM
allo allo

just posting an intro on the forum. my gf has bought a my07 sri turbo, and im trying to convince her to mod it, despite the extended 5yr warranty :P hoping the forum can help me. it goes pretty good for stock, but i wanna hear that turbo more! a tougher exhaust note wouldnt go astray either ;) (as well as eibach springs, irmscher grill, remap...)

so yeah, ill be posting mostly under her account, ill chuck up some pics tomorrow, its dead stock atm

cheers

will

EL BURITO
19th December 2007, 10:35 PM
hi Kerrie

Hi Will
hard job ahead of u if shes any thing like mine

PaulyJ
20th December 2007, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the site.
Where abouts in Vic are you from?

Some mods you can do easily are front mount and exhaust. Remap you can get done with a Bluefin, and if you want more of a turbo sound, throw a pod filter on.

You'll get all the info you need here. If not, just ask.

Regards
Paul

OPC
20th December 2007, 01:48 AM
hi... ummm kerrie

1. getting a full exhaust system from the turbo back will not void warranty unless they (holden) can prove whatever problem occurs was because of the exhaust system
and i dont think helping the car to breath better with the turbo back exhaust could cause any problems with the car so id go for that one to start with

2. getting a larger front mount intercooler will also be in the same boat seeing it will help the car in the hotter months or days whatever you get in melbourne (sand storms)

3. a bluefin will be the best mod you could get seeing that you can upload it into your ECU and also when you want to take it to holden fo a service or whatever you can remover the tune and then re-add it after you have the car back

4. get a pod filter with a heat sheild because it sounds fukin awesome with the dump pipe...

THE END

Kerrie
20th December 2007, 08:03 AM
hi Kerrie

Hi Will
hard job ahead of u if shes any thing like mine

:p not THAT hard a job for him... I'm fairly open to the idea - I just amen't open to the idea of voiding the extra warranty that I paid for...

I'm more than happy to have my car sound tougher and go faster and sound nicer :D

Kerrie

- oh yeah and we are from the East

Ishley
20th December 2007, 09:14 AM
Welcome guys!

Geez the red is becoming popular. Congrats on the buy

GreyRex
20th December 2007, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the site guys. I've got an AH Turbo and live east of Melbourne too:) . Hey are you planning on coming to the next cruise in the first week of Jan??

Tfer
20th December 2007, 10:46 AM
Welcome you two to Opelaus..... enjoy your time here, and lots of info here on the SRi-T's :D

Kerrie
20th December 2007, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the site guys. I've got an AH Turbo and live east of Melbourne too:) . Hey are you planning on coming to the next cruise in the first week of Jan??

ive been trying to register on the vic section, but the account was stuffed, admin fixed it now, so we'll have a look and see

by the way, here are the pics i was talking about

like i said, bone stock ah sri-t (for now)

edit: it wont display the first image, even with the exact same tags as the 2nd one, bah i dont know what wrong with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/kerries%20astra/IMGP0431.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/biggwilliestyle/kerries%20astra/wallpaper.jpg

will

PaulyJ
20th December 2007, 12:37 PM
I've seen you around...

btm
20th December 2007, 01:24 PM
welcome guys and congrats on the purchase!

phtm
20th December 2007, 04:19 PM
welcome and great pic!

SIMid
20th December 2007, 04:33 PM
This Astra looks familiar! :D

Welcome!

KID_SRi
20th December 2007, 06:41 PM
2. getting a larger front mount intercooler will also be in the same boat seeing it will help the car in the hotter months or days whatever you get in melbourne (sand storms)

Sandstorms are alright compared to Hail Stones the size of Golf Ball like Sydney ;)

Welcome to the Site Kerrie & Will :)
I hope the SRi Turbo brings much Enjoyable Driving :)

CNBLU
20th December 2007, 11:04 PM
Welcome Kerrie and Will,

Awsome looking car you have and will look even better once you get that modding bug;) Make sure you check out the next cruise coming up in Jan and keep open the first week in Feb aswell for something special:D

Enjoy the forum and hope to see USE:D at a cruise

Gavin

OPC
20th December 2007, 11:46 PM
Sandstorms are alright compared to Hail Stones the size of Golf Ball like Sydney ;)
:)

yeah my brothers cars got smashed up hard and so did his roof of the house

but it could have been worse... some of the guys in the street had most of the house windows smashed aswell

im lucky i have a 3 car garage and a 2 car carport...

MatsHolden
20th December 2007, 11:53 PM
Yep seen you around recently, don't remember where but i've seen you. lol As on the Vic site Welcome!!!