PDA

View Full Version : dodgy/stupid panel beaters

Lucky_Astra06
18th December 2007, 01:39 PM
was without a car for 3.5 weeks & during this time i get a penalty notice for doing 72km in 40km skool zone somewhere in the blue mountains 2 days before i got it back :confused: owner of panel beater fully denies everything so just left it with insurance company to sort out!

car got flooded last week from rain as the new water proofing in rear window wasn't done properly, also found out all new rear panels are a lighter black colour compared to the rest of the car so no car for my road trip these holidays really p'd off now!! :mad:

Tfer
18th December 2007, 01:48 PM
was without a car for 3.5 weeks & during this time i get a penalty notice for doing 72km in 40km skool zone somewhere in the blue mountains 2 days before i got it back :confused: owner of panel beater fully denies everything so just left it with insurance company to sort out!

car got flooded last week from rain as the new water proofing in rear window wasn't done properly, also found out all new rear panels are a lighter black colour compared to the rest of the car so no car for my road trip these holidays really p'd off now!! :mad:

Sounds like a court case coming on....... good luck with it all :)

USC
18th December 2007, 01:55 PM
hmm....how can u have a lighter black??:confused:

hope it all gets fixed soon!

a dodgy panel beater (euroimage in moorabbin) stuffed up my brand new spoiler....they got dust all over the area covering the 3rd stop light.....pissed me off:mad:...everyone here...dont ever go there!

lets make a list of dodgy panel beaters around to help people!!

DODGY Panel shops to avoid:
1. Euroimage (Moorabbin -VIC)
2. Smash repairs (Centre Rd Clayton -VIC)
3. Navarone (Clayton -VIC)
4. Graeme cuthbert (Box hill -VIC)
5. PK Panels (Huntingdale -VIC)

blueraven
18th December 2007, 02:04 PM
black is actually quite a hard colour to match apparently.. i know Rhino had his done 3 times when he had to get a panel done (cant remember why...a scratch or something?) but the saphire black is harder still...a mettallic black with a red tint? yeh sounds hard to me.

NUMBER ONE THING WHEN DEALING WITH PANEL BEATERS:

always go over your car for 10 min looking at their work, and if you are not happy dont pay them. Argue from there, much easier to get them to fix it before you have paid rather than after. That way if he want to take you to cournt for not paying, you can show the judge/others why you havent paid. If you pay, the panel beater can say you were happy, and even claim that it was perfect when you picked up the car and that you have had work done since then.

USC
18th December 2007, 02:12 PM
some panel shops will fix something and scratch your car somewhere else though....how do you argue with that??

blueraven
18th December 2007, 02:33 PM
same way i get people to do a good job when i drop my car in for a service ;)

i make sure the attendand/clerk/mechanic see me take a photo of each side of the car, the dash, and under the bonnet :D.. its time consuming, a pain in the ass, but when they know you totally anal about your car they will generally know not to **** with you, especially if they know you have proof. In fact last time i did it when i droped my girlfriends car in to get the bumper fixed, and the guy came out with his own camera to take the same photos, he even told me it was a good idea, to stop the customer complaining about scratches "that werent there when i dropped it off" etc ;)

SaInT
18th December 2007, 02:57 PM
i got my replacement front window half price, cause o'brien scratched my dash when replacing it. Only very light ones, but visible in the sun none the less.

Had 3 star chips in the screen, not like it shattered and then scratched it, was a complete transfer out no broken glass.

GL in court with it.

USC
18th December 2007, 02:59 PM
same way i get people to do a good job when i drop my car in for a service ;)

i make sure the attendand/clerk/mechanic see me take a photo of each side of the car, the dash, and under the bonnet :D.. its time consuming, a pain in the ass, but when they know you totally anal about your car they will generally know not to **** with you, especially if they know you have proof. In fact last time i did it when i droped my girlfriends car in to get the bumper fixed, and the guy came out with his own camera to take the same photos, he even told me it was a good idea, to stop the customer complaining about scratches "that werent there when i dropped it off" etc ;)

thats a good idea..but not all scratches or dents appear in photographs...

so if u know any dodgy panel shops..please contribute to the list....:) ...I wana make sure they go out of business....wa*k#rs!!

Vectracious
18th December 2007, 03:07 PM
DODGY Panel shops to avoid:

3. Navarone (Clayton -VIC)

Have to disagree with you there. The Rex and my Mother in Law's Bimmer have both had work done at Navarone in the last 6 months and they did a fantastic job on both of the cars - both cars needed panel work done and respray on those panels - they were quick and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Definately not dodgy

(and no, they are not family or friends or whatever - just heard they were good from somewhere else, took the Rex there, and because they did a good job with mine, the Bimmer was taken there as well)

USC
18th December 2007, 03:36 PM
They only do a good job if you have a big insurance job where they can get paid huge amount from the insurance company. Ive had small jobs done there on my older car and they have not been so good...missed clear on a couple of places, runs in paint..etc...

poita
18th December 2007, 03:48 PM
i've had the worst experiences from an insurance spray job on my car!.

i'll add to the list.
any panel beater spray painter in bundy

blueraven
18th December 2007, 03:52 PM
thats a good idea..but not all scratches or dents appear in photographs...

True, but the shop doesnt know what appears or doesnt appear in your photo's do they ;) :D

Vectracious
18th December 2007, 03:57 PM
They only do a good job if you have a big insurance job where they can get paid huge amount from the insurance company. Ive had small jobs done there on my older car and they have not been so good...missed clear on a couple of places, runs in paint..etc...

how do you define big or little?

Had my rear bumper done there on the rex - $300 - absolutely perfect. Had it done at the same time as I needed a panel done from when someone hit me - I think the insurance was about $1500.

Bimmer job was about $400 - someone hit the car while parked and it was basically buffing out, respray (small area) and straightening a panel.

Fair enough, you've had a bad experience. Just letting you know the background. :-)

USC
18th December 2007, 04:27 PM
how do you define big or little?

Had my rear bumper done there on the rex - $300 - absolutely perfect. Had it done at the same time as I needed a panel done from when someone hit me - I think the insurance was about $1500.

Bimmer job was about $400 - someone hit the car while parked and it was basically buffing out, respray (small area) and straightening a panel.

Fair enough, you've had a bad experience. Just letting you know the background. :-)

for example, I had the front 1/4 panel of my previous car repainted as a mechanic scratched the crap of out it accidently with his tool.... they did a terrible job with runs in the clear and dirt under the paint.

Someone reversed onto my front bonnet on my hyundai and after they repaired it, cracks started showing in the paint near the badge...very dodgy indeed..u might have been lucky...or i must have been extremely unluckly...

pred8r
18th December 2007, 09:08 PM
IIRC there are a heap of different 'Saphire Black' and each one has its own paint code.
They couldnt find it when I was getting the grille done as it was listed under Safir Schwarz (german) and they didnt want to make that colour up.