PDA

View Full Version : Astra VXR Mods...Sydney

tfbf
15th December 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows somewhere in the Sydney area that I can take my Astra VXR to get mods done.

Someone who knows what they are doing...

Cheers..

EL BURITO
15th December 2007, 07:43 PM
what do you want done would be the fist thing to work out

oneightoo
15th December 2007, 08:51 PM
welcome to the site mate..

for all your vxr modding questions, check out the vxr section lol :D

Tfer
15th December 2007, 09:53 PM
welcome to the site mate..

for all your vxr modding questions, check out the vxr section lol :D

Twist that knife! :p

Welcome to Opelaus.... have a hunt around here as there are some ideas already posted. ;)

Shaun
15th December 2007, 11:36 PM
Hi and welcome.
What do you want to get done to your VXR ?
PM me for information

tfbf
16th December 2007, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone - Thanks for the response - I have googled the idea to bits - and found nothing.

I look at the UK sites to get ideas - but the Stage 3 remap/Miltech exhaust system or equivilent sounds like the go...not sure on how much its going to set me back though.

Im not interested in the sound or any of that - just want the extra bit of performance I know you can get out of these.

I have had a black one on black 19's since May - they were pretty rare then and now I see a few popping up on the Northern Beaches..Just want that edge you know!

any ideas are welcome...thanks again.

Shaun
16th December 2007, 11:07 AM
Stage 3 with out an larger Intercooler will make the car struggle. Milltek and Remus are the leading brands that uk owners are using. Milltek has been our basically from a couple of months after the car was released. Both will cost you close to the $3000 AUD mark landed and fitted.

I know it sounds step but they are both good exhaust imo

Archie
16th December 2007, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone - Thanks for the response - I have googled the idea to bits - and found nothing.

I look at the UK sites to get ideas - but the Stage 3 remap/Miltech exhaust system or equivilent sounds like the go...not sure on how much its going to set me back though.

Im not interested in the sound or any of that - just want the extra bit of performance I know you can get out of these.

I have had a black one on black 19's since May - they were pretty rare then and now I see a few popping up on the Northern Beaches..Just want that edge you know!

any ideas are welcome...thanks again.

Go to the VXR section which links to HSVVXR.com I am working on a few things that if come to fruition will take the pain out of sourcing mods for the VXR.

Welcome

Shaun
16th December 2007, 06:03 PM
Post up some pics of your car on both forums. They looked tops in the PM you sent me.

tfbf
16th December 2007, 06:17 PM
cool..
http://www.blend34.com/tim/_MG_3279.jpg
http://www.blend34.com/tim/_MG_3272.jpg
http://www.blend34.com/tim/_MG_3290.jpg

kabel
16th December 2007, 07:07 PM
Very stealth!

tfbf
16th December 2007, 07:20 PM
A word used by my friends too...In the title/comment - I didnt mean I was claiming my car was cool...Just that 'cool' I will post some images of it! But I do like it...Just need to tweak the power and I'm happy!

Who said Vauxhall was crap..especially when you hide the vauxhall badge with an HSV one..it really annoys the V8's..I see the undeserving look in their eyes! (spoken with an over revved engine!)

Very stealth!

immenotu
16th December 2007, 07:49 PM
That looks FREAKING UNREAL!!! Wheels are an awesome choice, top work.

EL BURITO
16th December 2007, 07:59 PM
rims are wicked mate, was waiting for some one to do this

kabel
16th December 2007, 08:37 PM
You just need to paint the calipers black also!

tfbf
16th December 2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks..a risk that I think devalues the HSV wheels...but visually worth it at least. Just have to get the mods done and Im happy.

Calipers..blue on black isnt great..but I think the power is my next fix up - want the black on black to actually produce not just advertise.

rims are wicked mate, was waiting for some one to do this

kabel
16th December 2007, 09:16 PM
It looks fine with blue ,was just looking to make some more work for you!
I doubt the wheel colour will de-value the car,anyhow if somebody wanted it that badly they could always have them refinished as per factory.
You have to be happy with it while you own it!!

Shaun
17th December 2007, 12:26 AM
It looks fine with blue ,was just looking to make some more work for you!
I doubt the wheel colour will de-value the car,anyhow if somebody wanted it that badly they could always have them refinished as per factory.
You have to be happy with it while you own it!!

Couldnt agree more..