PDA

View Full Version : not opel related but help appreciated

USC
14th December 2007, 10:43 AM
Where can I get two front struts for cheap for a 1990 daihatsu charade 1.3L 4cyl fuel injected??

cheers:)

Wraith
14th December 2007, 12:03 PM
Wreckers probably best bet for cheap units, but you'd have to inspect them for quality/condition.

Where abouts are you ??

I know of a place here in Melb. that sell most mechanical parts for all Jap makes both genuine and aftermarket for very good prices - all new stock...

gslrallysport
14th December 2007, 02:48 PM
Being a complete sealed strut unit, they're not cheap. Depending on what you mean by cheap, a pair of KYB will set ya back about $260, or else chase the wreckers down.

In Brisbane best bet would be the Daihatsu Auto Recyclers at Archerfield. Or else where are you?

USC
14th December 2007, 02:49 PM
Hey, Im in melbourne...can you please tell me the name if this place? thanks!

USC
14th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Being a complete sealed strut unit, they're not cheap. Depending on what you mean by cheap, a pair of KYB will set ya back about $260, or else chase the wreckers down.

In Brisbane best bet would be the Daihatsu Auto Recyclers at Archerfield. Or else where are you?

where did u see KYB struts for $260 a pair? thats really good! Burson is selling them for $168 each!!

the car is doing a clicking noise in front suspension when going over deep holes on the road or braking hard..changed all suspension arm bushes but noise is still there. Sway bar bushes are fine...mechanic says its the struts...so im thinking of changing the front ones. ca rhas done 300,000kms and still on original struts...what do u guys think?

the charade is an amazing car lol...it has original clutch still!!

gslrallysport
14th December 2007, 03:04 PM
where did u see KYB struts for $260 a pair? thats really good! Burson is selling them for $168 each!!
gslrallysport ;)

the car is doing a clicking noise in front suspension when going over deep holes on the road or braking hard..changed all suspension arm bushes but noise is still there. Sway bar bushes are fine...mechanic says its the struts...so im thinking of changing the front ones. ca rhas done 300,000kms and still on original struts...what do u guys think?I think the original struts at 300,000 will be farked!!! But they are KYB as standard from factory! ;) Could also be the bumpstops aswell. They're not expensive, no more than about $40 per side.

the charade is an amazing car lol...it has original clutch still!!Damn straight! I'm onto my 3rd! Although your early model G10x is quicker in a straight line than the G200, but the G200 is still to date the BEST handling car I've every driven.

Also stupidly cheap to make go fast. Take a G200, lob in the applause 1.6 and applause closer ratio gearbox, then take the rears disc brakes of the applause that bolt straight onto the charade, then take the ventilated from discs off the later model G203, and you're laughing!

If you want to go faster take the 1.3 pistons and put it in the 1.6 to give it 11:1 compression, then lop in some aftermarket management, and you've got a ridiculously good handling and braking 13sec qtr, pocket rocket for under $5k!

USC
14th December 2007, 03:21 PM
damn...u r too far from me!! would have bought them off ya! a wrecker quoted me $99 each for the strut but he sounded really dodgy and i dont wana risk it...

the charade is a crazy car!! if properly maintained, i think it will go forever...haha...

one more thing....when i first start her in the morning, she`s a bit slow to take off...but once warmed up after 5 mins, she `s perfect...hmmmm?

gslrallysport
14th December 2007, 03:24 PM
damn...u r too far from me!! would have bought them off ya!
Shipping isn't a problem. I can have them sent directly from KYB in Melbourne to your door. If you payed by credit card I could have them to you in a couple of hours later! ;)

Could be a dodgy temp sensor or something...

USC
14th December 2007, 03:30 PM
Shipping isn't a problem. I can have them sent directly from KYB in Melbourne to your door. If you payed by credit card I could have them to you in a couple of hours later! ;)

Could be a dodgy temp sensor or something...

nah, it starts straight away but just a bit slow to drive...like even if u floor it, it seems to take a little while to rev but after a couple of minutes, its perfect and never does it again until its very cold again. if its a warm morning, it wont do it either....im thinking could be distributor or something...

hm...i will ask my gf as its her car...if i buy them on monday morning, can i get them monday afternoon? how much is shipping?

gslrallysport
14th December 2007, 03:34 PM
nah, it starts straight away but just a bit slow to drive...like even if u floor it, it seems to take a little while to rev but after a couple of minutes, its perfect and never does it again until its very cold again. if its a warm morning, it wont do it either....im thinking could be distributor or something...
The place to ask these sort of questions is bbs.daihard.org ;)

hm...i will ask my gf as its her car...if i buy them on monday morning, can i get them monday afternoon? how much is shipping?In theory yes, but with xmas coming up freight companies are under a bit of pressure. Shipping should be no more than $7 for a courier.

Wraith
14th December 2007, 03:51 PM
Hey, Im in melbourne...can you please tell me the name if this place? thanks!

I see glrallysport is helping you out :)

Just in case you need to go there, they are located on Bennett St in Dandenong.....I can't remember the exact name, I've always just rocked up and purchased whatever I need, it's something like 'All Jap Parts/importers' - I can find out for you this weekend, as I'll be passing through Dandenong and post it up on Sunday night :)

USC
14th December 2007, 04:10 PM
cool thanks! Its eventually up to my gf and how much she wana spend...:)

Wraith
14th December 2007, 04:49 PM
cool thanks! Its eventually up to my gf and how much she wana spend...:)

No worries, I'll get you all their details, Ph. nos. etc. and you can call em up 1st and find out all you need to know without having to go there :)