PDA

View Full Version : How to take backrests of the Back seat off a car? (astra)

kuruptz
12th December 2007, 10:39 AM
Hey guys,

I want to sleep me and my gf in the back of my AH Astra coupe, how do i take just the backrests of the backseats off? i still want the ass part left there.

Anyone know how? it seems pretty simple.

btm
12th December 2007, 12:58 PM
there should be little buttons to push in that should then enable them to slide out

Wraith
12th December 2007, 02:02 PM
there should be little buttons to push in that should then enable them to slide out

Far out, that's easy if that's all there is to it :)

On the TS vert it's a major job requiring hours of effort, the entire back seat needs to be removed 1st, not an easy task with the back rest being glued in place....

So Kuruptz, by removing the back headrests, you get enough extra space in an AH Coupe to be able to sleep in it :confused:

poita
12th December 2007, 02:10 PM
it would be for wen the seat is folded done ange, so it will lie flatter.
the headrests will push against the headrests on the front seats,

EL BURITO
12th December 2007, 02:12 PM
it will require the removal of the bolts at the bottom of the split fold then lift straight up out of the side slots

btm
12th December 2007, 02:41 PM
misread post... was thinking about head rests... my bad :)

kuruptz
12th December 2007, 02:43 PM
it will require the removal of the bolts at the bottom of the split fold then lift straight up out of the side slots

That sounds right as i can see what you mean.

Thanks mate.

I actually wanted to remove the whole BACKREST not headrest, EL BURITO got it right.

USC
12th December 2007, 09:33 PM
all this to sleep in the back....:confused: why dont u hire a ute if u really wana do it in the back??haha

shince
12th December 2007, 10:43 PM
get a calibra n just put the seats down,fits a whole matris,
problem solved

btm
13th December 2007, 08:42 AM
buy a $30 tent from kmart :)

Wraith
13th December 2007, 09:39 AM
That sounds right as i can see what you mean.

Thanks mate.

I actually wanted to remove the whole BACKREST not headrest, EL BURITO got it right.

Oh we see now :)

As Shince suggested. pity it's not a Calibra - you'd have no such problem ;)

btm
13th December 2007, 09:51 AM
pity it's not a Calibra - you'd have no such problem ;)
you'd have no such problem cause your car would probably be at the mechanics :rolleyes: :p

SaInT
13th December 2007, 10:06 AM
hahahah boom tish.

can always hire a combi camper!

Wraith
13th December 2007, 11:04 AM
you'd have no such problem cause your car would probably be at the mechanics :rolleyes: :p

hahahaha LOL yeh, Calis spend much of their lifetime in the workshop getting repaired unfortunately :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed with mine :pray: owned over 5 years now, just turned over 80,000km and hasn't even given me a single hickup yet :)

Hopefully it'll give me a couple more years of trouble free service...

oneightoo
13th December 2007, 12:41 PM
why dont you just get a room at a forumla one hotel. i hear they rent out room by the hour ;)

btm
13th December 2007, 12:52 PM
why dont you just get a room at a forumla one hotel. i hear they rent out room by the hour ;)

you hear? :D

oneightoo
13th December 2007, 12:59 PM
theres been a few arrests in those places in cabra..

blueraven
13th December 2007, 01:05 PM
if you pullout the back seat base, the back rest will fold forward reasonably flat....at least flat enough to put a mattress down and sleep on it :)

removing that is easy, just push down and forward i think, have a good look you will see the clips :)

USC
13th December 2007, 01:48 PM
na, dont take the seat out and fold the back as it will wreck your leather if u do have leather...