PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Swaybar/Suspension Possible Group Buy

Nem
25th June 2004, 09:15 AM
Has anyone got in contact with Whiteline Suspension (www.whiteline.com.au)? Seems that they now have parts for a front and rear swaybar setup as well as srpings, shocks and camber kits. Great to see an aussie manufacturer putting together product for the Opel Astras.
Astra TS 99-04 part numbers (http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/fact_sheets/CK_Astra_TS.pdf)
I'd be interested in getting a Handling Pack for mine. What about anyone else? Does anyone have a contact there?

Ben

DoomTrooper
25th June 2004, 09:24 AM
from what i've heard form sum1 else on here(sorry i forget your name) originally it was only for the turbo i think now they have a rear sway bar for the 1.8 but involves taking off rear suspension and drilling holes and apparently the bar sits close to the ground so could scratch, i've just put new springs in my car so i would be looking at getting a sway bar (1.8l) sum time in the near future but goin through a dry financial patch atm

Jass
25th June 2004, 09:27 AM
Iam really thinking of this kit, seem quite reasonable on prices too.
btw Ben how is the BMC?? did you have problems fitting it in to your car?

Nem
25th June 2004, 09:52 AM
OK I just rang them. So here's the heads up...

They're willing to come to the party if we purchase at least 5 of the Works kits ie:
Springs/Shocks/Swaybars/Camber kits (the "works" 8) ) Seems like they'll drop the price on that as long as the quantity is met.

Problem is that I only want a Handling Pack as I've already bought Eibach Springs/Shocks. They will accomodate better pricing on these as long as we still have the required 5 works kits.

I cant be certain how much the pricing is going to change until I get an idea of interest. Also 50% deposit will be required before shipment and they will only ship to a singular address so it might be better to have a singular coordinator in Sydney.

Their boss owns an Astra SRi T which is why these setups were put together.

I figure that even if we go to them with numbers of what we want that they might come to the party. So post your interest people!

Cheers
Ben

Nem
25th June 2004, 09:55 AM
btw Ben how is the BMC?? did you have problems fitting it in to your car?
I am such a lazy bum. :( I need to pull my finger out. Maybe this weekend now that Im back in Darwin.

XXX-1.8T
25th June 2004, 12:44 PM
my friend would be interested in a swaybar for his Astra T

I have the RSB from Whiteline on my Audi and i can say it makes a mega difference, good thing is u can adjust to play with understeer bias, oversteer, or neutral...

Does sit low but doesnt get hit much although there are some little scratches on it but who looks under there anyways

Top product!

Jass
25th June 2004, 01:00 PM
Cops do!

Are they welded on? If they are kiss your car good bye as its a defect

OPL-20T
25th June 2004, 01:19 PM
any welding of drilling of swaybars is illigal and ur cars warranty insurance and any RTA or EPA standards will not be met. i have already done some research on this sway bar for the rear....

as for the front sway bar at K-Mac they can custem make one for the SRi-T for $275 installed and tuned and balanced and all the stuff involved in putting one on..

i dont think that anyone can get or make a front sway bar cheaper then this price fro and SRi-T....

DoomTrooper
25th June 2004, 01:32 PM
heres an email i just got back for all you 1.8's out there
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Whiteline sway bars.

What you have heard is correct, Yes we have just released a sway bar option for the rear of the TS astra # BHR75Z (24mm sway bar diameter), but the fitting is not as daunting as you may believe.
In order to fit the mounting brackets for the bar, it is required that the rear cross member mounting bolts be removed (one at a time is best) in order to mount the brackets. So the removal of the rear sub frame is not necessary. The sway bar costs $242.00, and it will take approximately 1 hour in labour time to fit.
You may be interested to hear that we have also just released a front sway bar upgrade to complement the rear # BHF75 (22mm sway bar diameter) $172.00, This sway bar is a lot more difficult to install and will take up to 3-4 hours plus a wheel alignment.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Wayne Cunningham
[email protected]

Nem
25th June 2004, 01:45 PM
Swaybars will pretty much be one and the same for all models of Astra. The part numbers that have been listed above are on the PDF in my original post.

any welding of drilling of swaybars is illigal and ur cars warranty insurance and any RTA or EPA standards will not be met. i have already done some research on this sway bar for the rear....

Can you clarify the ruling on this? Your typo has thrown me a little.
Cheers
Ben

XXX-1.8T
25th June 2004, 04:18 PM
ive never heard of this rule either and ive had cops inspect my car on a side note i got let off for doing a burn out as well

i think the cops really liked my car :)

My feeling about this forum is that a lot of people are paranoid about mods etc im straight up with my insurance company with ALL my mods and they are all legal under NSW RTA laws 8)

Nem
25th June 2004, 04:33 PM
Rhino might be interested in a Handling Kit. He was talking about going Whiteline for his rear.

XXX-1.8T
25th June 2004, 04:59 PM
And im sure Whiteline being an Australian company have all the standards etc sorted out for peoples car cos then it would be illegal for them to sell their products in Australia :shock:

ultim8DTM5
25th June 2004, 05:03 PM
The cops must have like the XZIBIT you put on Costa :mrgreen:

XXX-1.8T
25th June 2004, 05:07 PM
yeah the cop asked me if XXX18T stood for Xzibit :mrgreen:

OPL-20T
25th June 2004, 05:26 PM
well i just want my car to comply with the RTA and othere rules expecially insurance, bcoz if somethign happens im not prepared to loose $42.000 + just because of an illegal exhaust or lowering or wheels, but thats my view, as for my Skyline R34well that was so modified that it would never passs the pits hahha...

ultim8DTM5
25th June 2004, 05:58 PM
What about engineering all mods Goran?

Edit: just read your sig

astra_city
25th June 2004, 06:41 PM
This is great news....about time some suspension work was done for the Astra.
I will ring up my distributor soon to find out more...I am just weary about all this stuff fitting the non SRi/SRi T models. Before I ordered the rear swaybar the first time I emailed Whiteline Tech department to ask if it fitted the City model, and was clearly told Yes. However when I dropped my car off for it to be fitted...it was definitely a No :o

Hopefully it will all fit the 1.8 models, as I have been hanging out for a long time to have some handling work done to my car :D

SplogSRiT
25th June 2004, 06:41 PM
Whiteline haven’t yet released their handling kits for the turbo… I’m waiting for that.

http://www.suspensionparts.info/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153

I am guessing that it won’t be far off.

Latter,

Roger

Degen-Astra
25th June 2004, 07:27 PM
When this is available - i would like to look at the front strut brace only.

SplogSRiT
25th June 2004, 07:57 PM
Hrmm ok looks like they do have the turbo kit ready..

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/fact_sheets/CK_Astra_TS.pdf

and apparently fast 4's did an article on it in May 2004

mmm i'm excited now ;)

I would like to read that article. Any one got a copy?

Anonymous
25th June 2004, 08:08 PM
my friend would be interested in a swaybar for his Astra T

I have the RSB from Whiteline on my Audi and i can say it makes a mega difference, good thing is u can adjust to play with understeer bias, oversteer, or neutral...

Does sit low but doesnt get hit much although there are some little scratches on it but who looks under there anyways

Top product!i will tell u who looks underneath the pedestrians who get in my way when im driving on the footpath!

XXX-1.8T
25th June 2004, 08:27 PM
hahahaha good one Tony!

Nem
26th June 2004, 09:02 AM
Is anyone interested in the kits outlined on the PDF? I can only see us being able to order directly from Whiteline if we order the kits themselves rather than just a few individual swaybars. Register your interest here so we can get some pricing back.

Ben

SplogSRiT
26th June 2004, 02:19 PM
I am quite interested in a works kit and a strut brace.

I would like to see a bit more info on it though. ie how much of an improvement it makes.

You would hope they would give us at least 10% discount for a group purchase.

It would be good advertising for them too. I am sure if a few people bought these kits and thought they were you bute others would buy stuff too…

Latter,

Roger

GOZOFF
26th June 2004, 03:12 PM
Hrmm ok looks like they do have the turbo kit ready..

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/fact_sheets/CK_Astra_TS.pdf

and apparently fast 4's did an article on it in May 2004

mmm i'm excited now ;)

I would like to read that article. Any one got a copy?

Oh finaly a sports,works pack from Whitline im excited too :lol:

SplogSRiT
28th June 2004, 07:35 PM
*bump*

c'mon felaz :roll:

Degen-Astra
28th June 2004, 07:37 PM
Just for informations sake and for those who are to lazy to click - the works kit it $2041.00 as listed.

Nem
28th June 2004, 10:18 PM
Handling Pack - Sway bars & Camber Kit $692
Nem/Ben

Sports Pack - Springs & Shocks $1456

The Works - All of the Above $2041

Pricing is what is currently listed without any consideration for the possibility of a group buy. Get onboard and see if we can get a better deal people!
Ben

Anonymous
28th June 2004, 10:39 PM
I booked to get the rear bar installed on Thursday. But now i think I will wait out to see if some group buy thing can be organised. I am after the handling pack :)

However the 3 hour labour estimate for front swaybar isn't looking very nice!! :shock: Does anyone know what's the factory size for the front swaybar?

Dregger
1st July 2004, 01:18 PM
My concern is that who is going to fit these? if they are new then do whiteline have reps in each state that know how to fit these?
Does the price include fitting?

But at this stage.....

Handling Pack - Sway bars & Camber Kit $692
Nem/Ben
Dregger (dependent on when we order, and fitting as per above so his is a maybe)

Sports Pack - Springs & Shocks $1456

The Works - All of the Above $2041

Nem
1st July 2004, 02:24 PM
I know that wa suspensions in Western Australia (funnily enough) are whiteline resellers. And I believe that ABS (http://www.autobrakeservice.com.au) will also fit them as well but I'm yet to confirm.

Cheers
Ben

corsaboy
6th July 2004, 09:13 AM
I will go on the record to say that whiteline is shyte! I got rear swaybar fitted, first they sent the wrong brackets, then I had to drive all the way to Minto from the Northern Beaches. Too top it off, the damn thing in the corners kept hitting the exhaust, even with extra adjustment to the brackets. Steer clear of WHITELINE (pardon the pun). Spend a bit more and go H&R.

Nem
6th July 2004, 09:50 AM
I'm willing to go any reputable product. However Whiteline are available for the Astra in Australia and I dont mind supporting the Au product. If we had a lot more of a choice then I might consider it. That said we've had some good f e e d b a c k about the Whiteline rear swaybar on the Astra.

astra_city
6th July 2004, 06:35 PM
I am still deciding whether to order the rear swaybar for my car. I really want it, but after hearing it sits quite low, I don't want it scraping everywhere I go!

Groover
6th July 2004, 09:13 PM
I've just fitted a 22mm Whiteline rear swaybar to my Astra SRI Turbo TS. It does make a bit of difference (although not earth shattering). The kit is dead easy to install and the instructions which had to be downloaded from their web site (not supplied in my kit) were actually incorrect. I didn't much like the welding job done on the supplied brackets so ground out and re-welded. The bar sits a little to one side (not exactly centred) but all up is probably good value (I paid $160).

astra_city
6th July 2004, 09:37 PM
Groover, does the bar hang down very far? Have you had any problems with it scraping at all?

Groover
6th July 2004, 09:40 PM
It does hang down a bit... but just enough to look tough... no worries about it scraping.

The Sentinel
6th July 2004, 09:45 PM
At the risk of being flamed, can someone tell me the theory behind these things?

OPL-20T
6th July 2004, 10:21 PM
well u pay for what u get and at $160 i dont think a company willspend hours on getting the centre rite on the sway bar for that price. an dif u get the welding in a sh*t condition then what is the point of buying a product that u have to pay extra to fit and then to re do ther weld jobs and so on. personally once again ill stress to you guys on this forum, if u want something good for cheap go to K-Mac, and thing for any car and make with in 24hrs :) and ill get a good welding job and a bar that is right in the centre as well :).

Groover
9th July 2004, 07:16 PM
He are some pics including the fitted rear bar on my ride. It can't hit the exhaust... that is just crap.

http://grove.iinet.net.au/brad/photos

corsaboy
14th July 2004, 12:01 PM
well u pay for what u get and at $160 i dont think a company willspend hours on getting the centre rite on the sway bar for that price. an dif u get the welding in a sh*t condition then what is the point of buying a product that u have to pay extra to fit and then to re do ther weld jobs and so on. personally once again ill stress to you guys on this forum, if u want something good for cheap go to K-Mac, and thing for any car and make with in 24hrs :) and ill get a good welding job and a bar that is right in the centre as well :).

Thanks for that post OPL-20T, I'll probably give them a call, do you know my mate with the echo who had a whiteline swaybar fitted, is still putting up with the thing clunking as he goes. :screwy: