PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear: VXR8 Review.

Shaun
4th December 2007, 12:02 AM
On Sunsay night Clarkson reviewed the VXR8.
Can be found on you tube at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3rbeW4IMY

Wraith
4th December 2007, 09:25 AM
It's been removed Shaun ???

Is this the same car that's been reviewed also by 5th gear ??

I saw that a couple of months back, they loved it - bang for buck value anyways :)

d.c.
4th December 2007, 10:35 AM
It's been removed Shaun ???

Is this the same car that's been reviewed also by 5th gear ??

I saw that a couple of months back, they loved it - bang for buck value anyways :)

Yeah it was the same model that 5th gear reviewed, Jeremy also loved it because it was fast and simple but he said he wouldn't buy one oversomething like a M5 because it looks moronic.

Wraith
4th December 2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah it was the same model that 5th gear reviewed, Jeremy also loved it because it was fast and simple but he said he wouldn't buy one oversomething like a M5 because it looks moronic.

hahaha LOL - that may be the case in his view, each to their own, personally I reckon it looks good and Jeremy would need more than twice the dosh to go the M5 ;)

poita
4th December 2007, 03:29 PM
hahahahahaha
later on when they are talkin to hamilton he was sayin bout the diff
it let go spillin oil all over the track

Shaun
4th December 2007, 10:08 PM
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Um9ckt7S0

A new link to the clip.

dieselhead
4th December 2007, 10:12 PM
why don't you get the whole episode? well worth watching, must be one of the best i have ever seen. and trust me, i have seen them all :D

yes, Clarkson said the VXR looks moronic, but we shouldn't forget the context. he was asked if he would buy the beast from Oz rather than a BMW M5. well, you have to admit guys, even if money is no object, there are not too many cars that wouldn't look moronic in M5's company... i would really want to see any die hard HSV fan that asked to take home one of the two for the same money, would drive home the Aussie V8!

blueraven
4th December 2007, 10:15 PM
i know the time sucked..... but have a look at what got the exact same time in the wet above it.

911 turbo. ;)

this is from me, usually the first to be barge bashing :D.

poita
4th December 2007, 10:16 PM
im in the process of d/l them all, have got all of season 10 9 8 7 6 so far
there is about 80 eps all up
and that doesnt include all the originals!

dieselhead
4th December 2007, 10:20 PM
my collection starts with Top Gear - 01x01 - 2002.10.20
including some specials and best of's you're looking at 43GB of data...

poita
4th December 2007, 10:22 PM
oh very nice :):)

Shaun
4th December 2007, 10:58 PM
None the less still a good clip and review in the end. The two Australians posted on the 1st video. There was more banta between them and Clarkson that will never make the tapes so they posted.

Dave
4th December 2007, 11:44 PM
my collection starts with Top Gear - 01x01 - 2002.10.20
including some specials and best of's you're looking at 43GB of data...

Link me up my man :rolleyes:

poita
4th December 2007, 11:49 PM
if you've plenty of d/l here it is
have fun!!!

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

goes back to the original episode in 1989

oneightoo
5th December 2007, 12:31 PM
why don't you get the whole episode? well worth watching, must be one of the best i have ever seen. and trust me, i have seen them all :D

yes, Clarkson said the VXR looks moronic, but we shouldn't forget the context. he was asked if he would buy the beast from Oz rather than a BMW M5. well, you have to admit guys, even if money is no object, there are not too many cars that wouldn't look moronic in M5's company... i would really want to see any die hard HSV fan that asked to take home one of the two for the same money, would drive home the Aussie V8!

id still take the aussie v8 home..

call me simple, but im really not overly impressed with bmw's..

Dave
5th December 2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks, saves me searching around for em

xplosv57
5th December 2007, 06:28 PM
id still take the aussie v8 home..

call me simple, but im really not overly impressed with bmw's..

Have to agree with you there, i've seen, driven and been at high speed in an M5, beautiful car with big power and loads of cool features, but there's just something about a HSV that gets my heart racing!!!!! :D :D :D

oneightoo
6th December 2007, 09:57 AM
as jeremy said, i dont need 24 settings for the diff, or 300 settings for the power..

poita
6th December 2007, 08:41 PM
right foot go, left foot slow down
hands make u turn

oneightoo
7th December 2007, 08:38 AM
lol all you need really..

i wanna drive my car, i dont want my car to drive my car..

Wraith
11th December 2007, 11:23 AM
Have to agree with you there, i've seen, driven and been at high speed in an M5, beautiful car with big power and loads of cool features, but there's just something about a HSV that gets my heart racing!!!!! :D :D :D

I also totally agree :)

I'd seriously take a new upcoming VE Coupe with an LS7 or new LS9 'anyday' over the new M3 or M5 !!!! no bull ;)

Less than half the price of an M5 way cheaper than an M3 with much, much more raw appeal than either of Beemers :)