PDA

View Full Version : AH ASTRA,Is front badge same as back badge?

kuruptz
3rd December 2007, 11:31 PM
Hey guys,

Opelizing my car the cheap way.

Do i need to buy a special front badge or are the rear badges the same as front?

**IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE CHEAP WAY IS THEN DONT REPLY AS MY QUESTION WILL MAKE NO SENSE TO YOU**

THANKS

EL BURITO
4th December 2007, 01:35 AM
you need to measure the size but i was under the i,pression the rear is allot larger

MK
4th December 2007, 05:35 AM
hi,

when doing it the "cheap way" you will most likely use the rear Astra H Opel badge because it has the double sided tape already, the front Astra H badges (Opel and Holden alike) are actually a clip on and have no double sided tape.

i used the rear Opel badge from Astra H 5door and attached it to the Holden grille.

the Opel rear badge is a little smaller in diamater to what the Holden grille is but so insignificantly its barely noticeable and if you use the Holden rear badge to cut out the backing disc it should fit snuggly.

PS.

My Astra H is the 2005 model, so if yours is the latest i believe the grille and the badge assembly are different slightly.

kuruptz
4th December 2007, 09:51 AM
Mine is april 06 build so not the newest :)

Thanks mate, so i will use the rear badge if its barely a noticeable size diff.

Do you have any pics? what material did you use to make the mounting plate?

USC
4th December 2007, 10:13 AM
rear badge is larger than front badge

MK
4th December 2007, 10:26 AM
rear badge is larger than front badge

which Astra H badges you are reffering to...i swear, i just measured them against each other and the Astra H HOLDEN rear badge is minimally smaller than the front one. Also the rear OPEL Astra H badge is the same size as the rear HOLDEN one.

my car is the Astra H 5 door, not station wagon.

MK
4th December 2007, 10:28 AM
Mine is april 06 build so not the newest :)

Thanks mate, so i will use the rear badge if its barely a noticeable size diff.

Do you have any pics? what material did you use to make the mounting plate?

here you go matey:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15093

kuruptz
4th December 2007, 10:34 AM
Hey mate,

Do i have to remove the grille can it be done while still on car?

MK
4th December 2007, 11:02 AM
Do i have to remove the grille can it be done while still on car?

I had great difficulty with removing the HOLDEN badge and the black plastic disc with the grille still on...badge and the disc are clip on and as such require you to "pop" the holding clips from the other side, otherwise you risk damaging and\or destroying the badge and the grille.

USC
4th December 2007, 11:06 AM
which Astra H badges you are reffering to...i swear, i just measured them against each other and the Astra H HOLDEN rear badge is minimally smaller than the front one. Also the rear OPEL Astra H badge is the same size as the rear HOLDEN one.

my car is the Astra H 5 door, not station wagon.

im talking about the astra H coupe sri turbo...oops...forgot that mine has the V grille, hence the much smaller holden badge at the front...:p the rear badge is about 115mm.

MK
4th December 2007, 11:15 AM
im talking about the astra H coupe sri turbo...oops...forgot that mine has the V grille, hence the much smaller holden badge at the front...:p the rear badge is about 115mm.

yep...totally different :)

oneightoo
5th December 2007, 12:52 PM
dont do it the cheap way.. do it properly..

when it's done on the budget side it looks exactly that, cheap and shit..

its definatley worth doing it properly..

kuruptz
5th December 2007, 01:00 PM
I think a few people on here wont agree with you, I mean a few i've seen here look perfect.

oneightoo
5th December 2007, 01:03 PM
suit yourself then

kuruptz
5th December 2007, 06:51 PM
I did and i did it today, looks awesome!

I'll get some pics up but it looks stock, dont really know what your talking about, my dad thought i purchased the new grille i had been talking about he couldnt even tell i did it myself.

It looks stock mate, have you seen it done the cheap way properly?

USC
6th December 2007, 01:59 AM
I did and i did it today, looks awesome!

I'll get some pics up but it looks stock, dont really know what your talking about, my dad thought i purchased the new grille i had been talking about he couldnt even tell i did it myself.

It looks stock mate, have you seen it done the cheap way properly?

lol...wait until your cheap notebook cover fades and cracks with the sun...

kuruptz
6th December 2007, 02:30 AM
I've seen no one complain about that so far, and i think it will last quite awhile before fading, thats if it ever does.

Anyway even if i have to do it again if it fades, its easy and will only cost $30, i'm still ahead.

USC
6th December 2007, 10:15 AM
I've seen no one complain about that so far, and i think it will last quite awhile before fading, thats if it ever does.

Anyway even if i have to do it again if it fades, its easy and will only cost $30, i'm still ahead.

fair enough.

each to their own. I would buy an opel grille if i really wanted to opelise...but thats just me...

oneightoo
6th December 2007, 10:16 AM
as long as you like it, then enjoy it..