PDA

View Full Version : Battery for a Corsa B

SmellyTofu
24th June 2004, 06:13 PM
Anyone bought a battery for a Corsa B? Price too.

macca
24th June 2004, 06:22 PM
hmm i need this too i nice high power thing

SmellyTofu
24th June 2004, 06:30 PM
At the moment, it's 350CCA thing.. got a 480CCA Bosch "EUROPEAN" now for a ridiculous price at Super "Expensive" Autos

Anonymous
24th June 2004, 06:39 PM
Well a Decent Battery will Cost at Least $100-$120, Thats Decent CCA and Low Discharge Rate.
I'd Recommend Dry Cell Optima Batteries, But there $400 :lol:

SmellyTofu
24th June 2004, 06:57 PM
Why do the tag "European" and "Expensive" fall into the same category?? Maybe coz both words start with E? Maybe "European" in Australian means "Sucked in, you just have to pay what we charge coz it's a "European" car". Or maybe it's "Daylight Robbery".....

Sorry.. just have to basically pick my jaw from the floor of Super "Expensive" Auto right now after paying $150 for it. But I need the battery to be able to start the damn car.

SmellyTofu
24th June 2004, 07:00 PM
Oh, whilst I'm in a ranting mode... I remember paying $90 for a top of the line Exide battery a few yrs back for the Camry and lasted 4+ yrs (I changed it before it actually gave up the ghost)... that was quite alright price to pay for something like that but $150... give me a break... No thx to Euro cars...

Anonymous
24th June 2004, 07:02 PM
dont get a aftermarket battery which may sit to high cos when the auto elec put inthe after market battery in and the close the bonnet on my corsa-b 1.2l city the terminals touch the bonnet causing the whole wiring system to fry and three weeks later i got my car back all for a battery change

SmellyTofu
24th June 2004, 10:03 PM
I fitted the battery in.. same size as the last one... still can't get over the price. Friggen Bosch crap!

freaktown
24th June 2004, 11:07 PM
Yea i had to get my battery changed by NRMA awhile ago! the guy was telling me vectras have a battery similar in size to a 4wd, hence the price tag! i dont know why there so big!

ah well i had to pay about $160 for mine through them!

Anonymous
24th June 2004, 11:43 PM
I've had a few Bosch Batteries, I think there pretty Poo, They seem to lose there Charge quick and don't like load from Hi Torque Starters.
I have a Exide Evolution in my Gemi, and thats Brillaint. Got in Repco for $98.

SmellyTofu
25th June 2004, 06:13 AM
Anyway, I think b4 the battery konks out next, I would have traded the car in by then.

corsaboy
25th June 2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah I paid around the $100 mark for a century battery in my corsa b. But the original lasted 7 years without a re-charge until it gave up the ghost. They are bloody big batteries for such a small car. You should see if Odyssey have a reasonably priced battery + they are small and they are excellent for audio equipment!