PDA

View Full Version : A/C not cold?

R3N
26th November 2007, 05:24 PM
I've had this for a while but didn't bother getting it checked out because I didn't need to use the A/C but with summer coming I thought I might get it fixed. I've talked with another Astra owner and he told me all he got was his compressor diode replaced and the problem was fixed. Anyone else have this problem and have got it fixed? What was the problem etc

Thanks for any help

blueraven
26th November 2007, 06:20 PM
prolly needs a regas, might have a slight leak.

i would certainly getit cheaked for a leak and a regas before shelling out for a whole new compressor (and then a regas on top anyway!!)

jonboy
26th November 2007, 06:30 PM
Yeh get a regas, and pay the extra for the UV dye so you can spot any leaks. Not really sure with the holdens, but I remember my old celica's compressor was on the way out, so I ended up bypassing the sensor used by the compressor and it bought me a few extra miles with aircon.

low astra
26th November 2007, 08:23 PM
if you have any leaks you will know, there will be a fluro green liquid leaking from your car, have a look for that,

daiflu
26th November 2007, 09:38 PM
Have you replaced your pollen filter lately?
Not the most likey option I know, but after I changed mine it made a big difference in both temp and force.

R3N
26th November 2007, 10:04 PM
if you have any leaks you will know, there will be a fluro green liquid leaking from your car, have a look for that,

Nope no leaks that I can see

Have you replaced your pollen filter lately?
Not the most likey option I know, but after I changed mine it made a big difference in both temp and force.

Tried to take it apart today but the sides still looked white so assumed it was replaced fairly recently, I couldn't figure out how to remove it without damaging the pollen filter.

Nik, know anywhere in Perth I can take it to?