PDA

View Full Version : I Got It!!

Mainframe_Module
22nd November 2007, 04:28 PM
So after waking up at 6:30am and getting to the dealership at aroundquarter to 8am i took delivery of my black Astra CDX Coupe :D

i ****ing love it!

cruise control is so easy and efficient, i used it while going alont general holmes drive (near sydney airport) cause theres lots of speed cameras and stuff along there, worked great.

love the climate control how it speeds up the fans to get it to the desired temp as quick as possible and then slows them down.
the stereo is great.

i love how all the controls light up on the doors and steering wheel etc.

ive been driving it all day, love it!

ima book it in to get tinted soon too, darkest legal onyx film by solartint :D

btm
22nd November 2007, 04:31 PM
congrats mate! :dance:

she looks fantastic!

ps. i know where you parked for that shot

Mainframe_Module
22nd November 2007, 04:37 PM
haha yay for san souci!...or not...it's full of idiots.

still, the only crappy thing is that since its been raining i have water spots all over it already!
dooom

Wraith
22nd November 2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, congrats..........

The way your loving it and getting such a buzz, is what it's all about for a car enthusiast getting him/herself a new car :)

Enjoy :)

btm
22nd November 2007, 04:39 PM
still, the only crappy thing is that since its been raining i have water spots all over it already!
dooom

welcome to the joys of owning a dark coloured car my friend!

Mainframe_Module
22nd November 2007, 04:44 PM
haha yeah my boss warned me about that, he has a black peugeot 407 coupe.
Though oddly my mum has a spearmint green magna and it shows even more dirt, which everyone finds odd considering its a light shade, but its ALWAYS looking dirty the next day after being washed.

i was going to go for moonland but it was discontinued, and then metro but those weren't in aus yet, so i went for black.

i only wear or like black/silver/blue so it had to be one of those and i hate the 'ultra blue' colour so it was either silver or black and black looked sleeker.
and it will look even better when i get my tinting and silver writing on black plates done.

but yeah, i'm really happy with it so far - i dont think i know enough about cars to really consider myself a real 'enthusiast', but yeah...its all thumbs up so far.

SaInT
22nd November 2007, 04:46 PM
Very nice indeed.

Long live the star silver and its innate powers of dirt concealment!

lampshade
22nd November 2007, 04:51 PM
really like the front lower grill, have fun keeping it clean bud:D

SIMid
22nd November 2007, 06:52 PM
Congrats!! :clap:

As Lamp says, have fun cleaning!

Wraith
22nd November 2007, 08:26 PM
but yeah, i'm really happy with it so far - i dont think i know enough about cars to really consider myself a real 'enthusiast', but yeah...its all thumbs up so far.

You don't have to necessarily know anything about cars to be an enthusiast, you just have to like/love or have an interest in them and with the happy buzz your showing here, I'm sure you are :)

Keep enjoying the feeling :)

Whitelotus
22nd November 2007, 08:37 PM
sweet as dude :) when u wash it give it a good wax to help protect the paint and all that enjoy your new ride!:)

Metro1288
22nd November 2007, 08:52 PM
Congrats on the new ride! you gonna have fun keeping it clean, i have a black astra as well. get some good wax for it and read up on washing techniques :)

USC
23rd November 2007, 10:43 AM
because it is a metallic black, scratches wont show up as much as a solid black....

congrats man! hope u enjoy your ride:D

Ishley
23rd November 2007, 11:07 AM
Congrats man.

I would say happy motoring. But it sounds like you are thrilled already

Frazza
23rd November 2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah Black rules!!! LOL, I guess it doesn't matter what color it is you still have to wash it all the time.:(

Mine hides the dirt very well, people are always telling me it's so clean even when i haven't washed it for a week.

Speaking of climate control, my SRI Turbo has full atuomatic CC and it's really trippy when its going flat out and i receive a call on the mobile and it turns the fan down so its quite while your on the call and when you hang up it goes back to the nornmal setting.

I love toys, LOL:D

Tfer
23rd November 2007, 11:57 AM
Congrats Mainframe, and it has been a long time coming for sure! :D

As Wraith said.... enjoy the feelings of owning your new car :D

Buy plenty of Meguiars Quik Detailer and make sure you clean your ride weekly..... that's what I learnt from driving a black AH Astra, which spent most of its life on the road..... weekly cleans keeps the dust, grime etc to a minimum.

Now Opelise! :)

PaulyJ
23rd November 2007, 12:23 PM
Congrats on the new car!
Looks great, and as John [lampshade] said, i'm lovin the lower grill!.

Noir
23rd November 2007, 08:15 PM
Congratulations on the purchase doll :clap:

Long time coming and definitely worth it.

trinijy
24th November 2007, 12:22 PM
Congrats mainframe.

Can you post some photos of the interior/cupholder?

Did you get a good deal on the car?

Red AH SRI T
24th November 2007, 06:14 PM
Congratumalations!!!!

enjoy it sister!

CJB
24th November 2007, 07:45 PM
Black is the only way to go! That way you can wear what you want and it will still go :p

Congratulations!!!

I like the new alloys, they look easier to clean on these ones. Any plans for rims???

rjastra
25th November 2007, 07:24 AM
Any plans for rims???

heheheeh