PDA

View Full Version : Evo 'X'

nadg63
21st November 2007, 11:27 AM
Was at the un-veiling of the new Mitsi Evo 'X' last night at the launch of the Classic Adelaide Rally - it looks ok! (they are actually going to be used as 'sweeper' cars for the event!)

They had 2 cars there, one of each version that is going to be offered in Aus, though both had the 'paddle-shift' box, (one was deep red, the other black/charcoal depending on the angle you looked at it!)

Not having seen the new STi, going by the pics of it, I would reckon Mitsi might actually do well in the sales figures as, even though it's a new car, it has kept the Lancer look, (even though IMHO the Lancer does look a bit 'porky')

Apex
21st November 2007, 11:37 AM
I saw one a few weeks ago at a local car show and was unimpressed with it in the flesh, found it (dear I saw it) boring looking, nine out of ten people just walked straight past it, as the hood was up I think they dismissed it as a VRX.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-127688607.htm

rjastra
21st November 2007, 01:13 PM
I noticed that as well at the Sydney Motorshow. The real thing didn't live up to the hype (visually).

The STi , I think, will actually do better than the Lancer. The larger engine and bespoked looks will see it claim a larger share of the Japanese performance market

That said.... I think that market is on the decline. MOre and more the Evo/Sti are answers to questions the buy public aren't asking.

I think I said before that maybe Subaru should have ditched the STi's turbo and shoved the 3.6L flat six (195kw on 91RON fuel!) into the Impreza. Therefore having a competitor to the 130i, R32 etc. The luxury performance hatch is now the "in thing"

btm
21st November 2007, 02:03 PM
isn't there already an evo x thread?

oneightoo
21st November 2007, 02:17 PM
i think tuzinski LOUDNESS started 3 of them

btm
21st November 2007, 02:25 PM
i think tuzinski LOUDNESS started 3 of them

we wont be seeing him for another 5 days then...

Wraith
21st November 2007, 02:54 PM

hahaha LOL was thinking the same :)

Not to worry, obviously there's interest there with these cars......

Can't wait to see it in the flesh, have already been to a Mitsu dealer and checked out the basic models and agree, they are a bit porky up close in the metal and very plain on the interior....

Mitsu did want to make them have alot more interior room though...

The new Impreza/Wrx is a nicer smaller size, will have to wait for the '08 Melb. internatinal motor show and check out both Evo 10 and new Sti :)

Apex
21st November 2007, 04:03 PM

I did think that but after poo pooing the angel eyes thread earlier I felt like a meanie, so i said nothing. :(

Seriously though, this car is rather 'Mitsubishi looking' in the flesh/steel, the black trims on it looked like something of a bread and butter model.

Im sure some gloss black paint on the trims, lower suspension, bigger/meaner wheels and a better colour (I saw it in the hero colour) would do wonders.

nadg63
22nd November 2007, 07:36 AM

Maybe, couldn't be bothered looking for it!

btm
22nd November 2007, 09:51 AM
Maybe, couldn't be bothered looking for it!

the search function is an amazing thing :)

poita
22nd November 2007, 07:52 PM
wats that BTM?

Wraith
22nd November 2007, 08:07 PM
It dosn't really matter in the end guys, no harm done :)

nadg63
22nd November 2007, 08:21 PM
the search function is an amazing thing :)

Truth be told I didn't have time to look, am taking part in the Classic Adelaide and just fired off the original Email before I had to set off for our start time!

Wraith
22nd November 2007, 09:16 PM
Here's some more interesting reading

http://www.bangkokpost.com/161107_Motoring/16Nov2007_motor005.php

The new Evo 10 has also just won best Japanese car of the year 2007...

Wraith
22nd November 2007, 09:55 PM
And a very nice/horny pic of a lowered phantom black Evo 10

aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh :drool: yes this pic made my pants come off again :D

http://i7.tinypic.com/8c1wu0w.jpg

D@N
22nd November 2007, 10:39 PM
oooh ello! I think I've found my next car... Wish those wheels were stock ones, that's so nice.

Sti... *blahh* like a 1 series inbred with a camry.

bornwild
23rd November 2007, 12:21 AM
Those are some mint BBS rims

btm
23rd November 2007, 08:53 AM
yep, those rims look fantastic on the car!

Ishley
23rd November 2007, 11:14 AM
OHHHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it. Want it. Make it happen somehow....... think think think.......

Wraith
23rd November 2007, 12:04 PM
It does look hornbags with a drop like that dosn't it guys :)

However it's not known yet, if it will be possible to do that kind of a drop without dissrupting the factory set geometry and handling and all the other electronic settings which this car is stacked to the gills with......

The BBS rims pictured there are 18's that will be fitted as standard on the Evo 10 range topper 'MR' variant.

They are exactly the same style as was fitted to the Evo X prototype - only they were 20" - if I get one of these babies, it'll probably be the 1st mod I do, ie: get 20's back on the thing and then I won't have to lower it as much to get the same look, in fact it'll look heaps better with the 20's :)

Ishley, start saving and in 12 months time flog off the Astras and get one of these :)

btm
23rd November 2007, 12:31 PM
OHHHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it. Want it. Make it happen somehow....... think think think.......

sell your body :D

D@N
25th November 2007, 10:04 AM
It does look hornbags with a drop like that dosn't it guys :)

However it's not known yet, if it will be possible to do that kind of a drop without dissrupting the factory set geometry and handling and all the other electronic settings which this car is stacked to the gills with......

The BBS rims pictured there are 18's that will be fitted as standard on the Evo 10 range topper 'MR' variant.

They are exactly the same style as was fitted to the Evo X prototype - only they were 20" - if I get one of these babies, it'll probably be the 1st mod I do, ie: get 20's back on the thing and then I won't have to lower it as much to get the same look, in fact it'll look heaps better with the 20's :)

Ishley, start saving and in 12 months time flog off the Astras and get one of these :)
I think they are the 20 inch forged BBS alloys that were on the concept car.
Check out the pic for what the 18's look like, that's what we'll be getting.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/694/dsc0220rx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/694/dsc0220rx9.fc76421572.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=519&i=dsc0220rx9.jpg)

Wraith
25th November 2007, 08:48 PM
Yeh, your right, I thought so after I wrote that initial post, when checking it out more.....nice photochop job whoever done it :)

Gives a perfect picture of what an Evo 10 will look like dropped with the prototype X 20's....:)

I'll find out in time from the EvoX forums in the States from guys there that'll get a hold of the Evo 10 way before we do, if it's actually possible to lower the car that much without any severe adverse effects on the electronic suit and it's handling.....if not, I think we're going to see alot of them ending up looking that way, as the stock height is way too high !

btm
26th November 2007, 12:53 PM
makes it look so high in that second pic!

Wraith
26th November 2007, 12:57 PM
makes it look so high in that second pic!

That's how it actually sits stock standard - hence why interested people of this car are looking into lowering as one of the 1st mods on their list :)

btm
26th November 2007, 01:01 PM
i spose that's the height it'd be sitting if it was a rally car??

EL BURITO
26th November 2007, 01:12 PM
are they not a heap of dealer mods for these cars any way like on the WRX and STi ?

Wraith
26th November 2007, 01:26 PM
are they not a heap of dealer mods for these cars any way like on the WRX and STi ?

So far none, in the area of lowering etc...besides what's offered on the different specs of the 2 variants - GSR and MR Evos.

I think as time goes by there will be, but this new generation Evo is said to be harder to mod than any previous models, because of the amount of electronics it has controlling everything, especially the SST (automated manual) version.

So we'll have to just wait n see :)