PDA

View Full Version : HSV to Export to the Middle East.

Shaun
16th November 2007, 08:21 PM
HSV and Holden announced over night that The HSV Clubsport will be exported to the Middle east under the CSV (Chevrolet Special Vehicles logo)
The Model will be known as a CR8
More details can be found on the link below.

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/news.asp?ID=754

tuzinski
16th November 2007, 08:34 PM
cool, makes ford look stupid!

Shaun
16th November 2007, 08:50 PM
Wouldnt say it makes Ford Stupid but it doses question weather or not Ford will adopt the GM module in the future. Building large segment her or in the USA for a world export program. I know Ford in the UK have been looking at the FPV F6 Typhoon this year for an import to compete against the VXR8.

xplosv57
17th November 2007, 10:26 AM
I thought this was announced a few weeks ago at the V8 round in bahrain!!

But good for HSV, getting round the world, i don't see the Falcon/FPV being exported anywhere (correct me if i'm wrong)!!!

Wraith
19th November 2007, 11:48 AM
Yes, good thing for GMH :)

They have been supplying V8 Commodores there for years now (since the VT I think) and adding the HSV's is a natural progression... :)

btm
19th November 2007, 01:25 PM
i'd love to see some saudi prince blow $200K on mods and trick out a VE GTS :D

MatsHolden
19th November 2007, 02:57 PM
I thought this was announced a few weeks ago at the V8 round in bahrain!!!!!

Yeh they did. That was the reason for Todd Kelly's #22 HRT Commodore being done up in the special black Chevrolet livery.

Wraith
19th November 2007, 04:37 PM
They certainly don't have any probs with fuel supply/usage in that part of the World - so they love the BIG high power V8's - lucky buggers :)

Tfer
19th November 2007, 04:45 PM
Stevie Wonder saw this coming :rolleyes: and its about time....

Shaun
19th November 2007, 11:45 PM
Yeh they did. That was the reason for Todd Kelly's #22 HRT Commodore being done up in the special black Chevrolet livery.

Bahrain was ran between the 1st -3rd of November. Offcial Press Release was made on the 11.11.2007.

Todd Kelly's HRT # 22 in Black was done because of to celibrate 10 Years of Export to the Middle . Nothing to do with HSV export program.

poita
20th November 2007, 09:44 PM
i'd love to see some saudi prince blow $200K on mods and trick out a VE GTS :D

no doubt it will get done!

and the car was decked out last yr in chev badging!

MatsHolden
20th November 2007, 10:33 PM
Bahrain was ran between the 1st -3rd of November. Offcial Press Release was made on the 11.11.2007.

Todd Kelly's HRT # 22 in Black was done because of to celibrate 10 Years of Export to the Middle . Nothing to do with HSV export program.

Actually it was mate, it was both. It was to coincide with the launch of Chevrolet Special Vehicles which is what the HSV will be sold under...

"The launch of the new export program is timed to coincide with the Desert 400 V8 Supercar round in Bahrain this weekend where the CSV logo will feature prominently on Todd Kelly’s Chevrolet branded Holden Racing Team car."

Taken from an HSV publication MIDDLE EAST EXPORTS GET PERFORMANCE BOOST dated 2/11/07.

MatsHolden
20th November 2007, 10:42 PM
and the car was decked out last yr in chev badging!

I think it was the HSV team with Buick for the China round...

Shaun
21st November 2007, 12:49 AM
Read the HRT Site. And please show me a picture where the Word CSV Aprearred on the T.Kelly Car ...

MatsHolden
21st November 2007, 12:54 AM
Read the HRT Site. And please show me a picture where the Word CSV Aprearred on the T.Kelly Car ...

Mate, HSV/HRT same shit, yes they've got different reasons but they are both intogether... the HRT part being the 10 year export reason and the HSV part being as apart of the launch of CSV. It's an official HSV publication, end of story, don't try to prove facts wrong. And no the livery didn't end up having CSV prominent.

Shaun
21st November 2007, 01:17 AM
Mate, HSV/HRT same shit, yes they've got different reasons but they are both intogether... the HRT part being the 10 year export reason and the HSV part being as apart of the launch of CSV. It's an official HSV publication, end of story, don't try to prove facts wrong. And no the livery didn't end up having CSV prominent.
Read the HSV Press release and Holden Motorsports Press Release.
As for HRT and HSV being the same shit:

HSV and HRT are two completely different companys. That is fact. Skaife Motorsports own HRT . Tom Walkinshaw Owns HSV with Holden having a little piece of the pie.

Walkinshaw Preformance Build Cars for HRT and the Toll HSVDT. Hence they arent the same shit.

Red AH SRI T
21st November 2007, 05:41 PM
Sorry boys but the car DID have a "CSV" logo on each of the front Gaurds

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2638/toddkellybahrain07side1zu6.jpg

btm
22nd November 2007, 08:24 AM
that looks sweet sitting that low