PDA

View Full Version : Opel Badged Captiva in Vic

MatsHolden
13th November 2007, 07:40 PM
Spotted a Captiva with Opel badges near Holden's Lang Lang proving ground. It wasn't the Maxx version which Opel sell as the Antara, it was the 'entry level' version. Interesting I thought.

stevedee3
13th November 2007, 08:07 PM
Was it left hand drive?

MatsHolden
13th November 2007, 08:09 PM
Couldn't see in.

maloo97
13th November 2007, 09:35 PM
Sounds interesting, Wonder whats to come.

USC
14th November 2007, 01:51 AM
yep, vauxhall also sells the captiva.

btm
14th November 2007, 08:07 AM
i didnt know opel and vauxhall sold the captiva...

the captiva is korean born, right?

rjastra
14th November 2007, 09:58 AM
The Captiva/Antera is sold in the USA as a Saturn. The sports version "Redline" has the top spec 195kw 3.6L found in the Commodore SV6.

They are getting alot of mileage out of this platform.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/vue08/photoGallery.jsp

USC
14th November 2007, 10:34 AM
i didnt know opel and vauxhall sold the captiva...

the captiva is korean born, right?

yes they do..they call it something else...antara or something...

MatsHolden
14th November 2007, 11:52 AM
yes they do..they call it something else...antara or something...

See first post.. ;) The reason it's interesting I saw this is that it is not the version of the Captiva currently sold by Opel. So possibly they are looking at also selling the 'cheaper' Captiva alongside the more expensive Captiva. Like Holden do.

Red AH SRI T
14th November 2007, 05:03 PM
I doubt Opel would sell the Captiva alongside the Antara (Captiva MaXX) as the regular Captiva is already sold by Chevrolet in Europe/Uk.

The Antara/MaXX is also sold in the US as the Saturn Vue, athough it uses a slightly different interior.

MatsHolden
14th November 2007, 05:17 PM
Nevertheless still begs the question what they're doing with an Opel badged Captiva.

USC
14th November 2007, 10:50 PM
Nevertheless still begs the question what they're doing with an Opel badged Captiva.

hehe....they should put a daewoo badge on there...:p

Vectracious
14th November 2007, 11:19 PM

Maybe they're getting they're working on suspension tuning over here - testing a holden and Opel one side by side... who knows...

btm
15th November 2007, 08:31 AM

maybe it has nothing to do with Holden and some guy has just opelised his captiva??

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 08:35 AM
maybe it has nothing to do with Holden and some guy has just opelised his captiva??

I got one word for you......what a complete ****ing knob

(not you of course :))

btm
15th November 2007, 08:40 AM
I got one word for you......what a complete ****ing knob

(not you of course :))

we've seen it before. remember that post with the pics of the VT or VX commo with opel badges and stickers everywhere!!

Red AH SRI T
15th November 2007, 08:56 AM
*shudders*

MatsHolden
15th November 2007, 09:22 PM

Nah definately was a Holden test vehicle. Had UAM plates. And pullling out of Lang Lang Proving Ground kind of gave it away too. :p

btm
16th November 2007, 09:11 AM
Nah definately was a Holden test vehicle. Had UAM plates. And pullling out of Lang Lang Proving Ground kind of gave it away too. :p

ah right... that does kind of give it away then :D