PDA

View Full Version : Only In Nsw

mr corsa
12th November 2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22740591-5007132,00.html

bornwild
12th November 2007, 07:37 PM
They should get shot dead on the spot. ****wits.

Drag racing on the streets? ****wits

SaInT
12th November 2007, 07:40 PM
sweet, i vote yes to this!

bornwild
12th November 2007, 07:42 PM
Not only do I vote yes to that, I vote yes to a public hall of shame accessible on the net!!! Their licence numbers and names with pictures!!!

Only then will they think about what they're doing!

DEE-80Y
12th November 2007, 07:47 PM
sweet, i vote yes to this!
I agree 100%

mr corsa
12th November 2007, 08:10 PM
ok the wot would you do if a cop pulled you over and didnt like the look of you or your car and says " you was racing " then its a case of your word against his in court

USC
12th November 2007, 08:34 PM
this is the most stupid law ever...d&*kHeads!!

SKM_87
12th November 2007, 08:42 PM
its just going to make people want to run instead of stop more. stupid law, just take there licence's and if they repeat the behaviour too much then do something drastic

tuzinski
12th November 2007, 09:26 PM
the thing with these laws is when they have had enough impact, the rta will remove it and the crap will go on again.

i do vote yes tho!

bornwild
12th November 2007, 09:36 PM
its just going to make people want to run instead of stop more. stupid law, just take there licence's and if they repeat the behaviour too much then do something drastic

A little card called 'driving permit' never stopped anyone from jumping behind the wheel.

EL BURITO
12th November 2007, 09:36 PM
this is the most stupid law ever...d&*kHeads!!
agree. Stupid.

In addition to more people running wont license plate theft go up. its not that had to get fake plates even easier to take them off another car that is same model

EL BURITO
12th November 2007, 09:37 PM
A little card called 'driving permit' never stopped anyone from jumping behind the wheel.
its easier to hit them harder if they don't have a licence to begin with

bornwild
12th November 2007, 09:39 PM
Even better is making such offenses criminal instead of traffic offenses. Then go try do anything with a criminal record as long as the wall of china.

OPC
13th November 2007, 12:25 AM
check out the black car ontop of the pile... is that an ACURA i see there ?

this so called law will be great... cant wait to see how many cars get crushed... none i reckon...

SaInT
13th November 2007, 06:17 AM
even if they bluff and crush 1 car, it will still send a huge message to the hoon's out there, that their is a chance i could lose my car for being a f*$kn idiot :)

Apex
13th November 2007, 07:29 AM
As long as they only crush Honda’s im happy!

luvpsi
13th November 2007, 08:22 AM
check out the black car ontop of the pile... is that an ACURA i see there ?

this so called law will be great... cant wait to see how many cars get crushed... none i reckon...

yeah its an acura:) this is the photo taken recently in california where they have already started crushing cars like the ones in the photo...

btm
13th November 2007, 08:42 AM
ok the wot would you do if a cop pulled you over and didnt like the look of you or your car and says " you was racing " then its a case of your word against his in court

good point.

i agree with punishment... but crushing someone's car is only going to make them really pissed off and probabaly not teach them a lesson - if anything, only make them want to buck the system even more...

if you take away their licence, they have more time to mull over what they have done

Black Nugget
13th November 2007, 08:47 AM
Here's some pics of the civics getting crushed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=omY_DFxg7_0

lol @ ken maroney who wants the crushed matter dumped at the offenders house.

Its a pretty silly law tho, perhaps castrating them would be better, you loose one ball on the first offense and second you loose your entire manhood.:D

btm
13th November 2007, 04:38 PM
lol @ ken maroney who wants the crushed matter dumped at the offenders house.
i think i read about that... didnt he want the left over 'cube' left on the owners lawn or something??

Black Nugget
13th November 2007, 04:43 PM
i think i read about that... didnt he want the left over 'cube' left on the owners lawn or something??

yeh. I guess its fair enough you still get to keep your car even though its a bit of a compact.

I can just imagine the new fad...."pimp my cube"

btm
13th November 2007, 04:44 PM
I can just imagine the new fad...."pimp my cube"
hahahah... or make it your new coffee table or something :D

jsantos
14th November 2007, 02:07 AM
No government should have the right to confiscate (read steal) a persons legitimately bought goods no matter what the crime.

It's a completely retarded proposal.

oneightoo
14th November 2007, 01:03 PM
No government should have the right to confiscate (read steal) a persons legitimately bought goods no matter what the crime.

It's a completely retarded proposal.

huh??

it's already being done.. and has been for years!!

cars, boats, homes, bikes etc get confiscated from criminals all the time..

why should this be any different?

you know the risks, if you take them, get caught, you take whats owing to you.. pretty simple really..

the only problem with this proposal i can see is, what if the car has a loan owing against it, technically it'd be the banks car..

got any better suggestions to stop all these repeat offenders? and the people who have no idea how to drive, endangering the lives of bystanders?

if an illegal street racer hit and killed your parents, would you like to see the driver drive away?? nahhh, i'd like to see that car wrecked..

i think it's a great idea.. it's just one we will never see in force here..

you have 10 mins to move your car.... you have 5 mins to move your car or it will be crushed in to a cube.... you have 10 minutes to move your cube

Black Nugget
14th November 2007, 01:21 PM
Crushing it into a cube isn't fun enough....

How bout good drivers are rewarded and bad drivers punished by letting the good driver play destruction derby with the bad drivers cars in an enclosed environment.

Id drive like a nanny if it meant i could play dogems in a supra!:D

sriboy
16th November 2007, 01:22 AM
So you guys are trying to say that you have never raced another car on the road????? Come on!!!! This performance car site, everybody on this site has sped over the speed limit and raced other cars! Stop trying to make out that you are goody goodies.

I know I will get s**t for this but I dont care, at least I am being honest!

EL BURITO
16th November 2007, 01:27 AM
So you guys are trying to say that you have never raced another car on the road????? Come on!!!! This performance car site, everybody on this site has sped over the speed limit and raced other cars! Stop trying to make out that you are goody goodies.

only 5/16 that responded agreeing with the laws a

OPC
16th November 2007, 01:42 AM

well... dont go there girlfriend

years ago i made a post about racing a STi and well... didnt some people get upset

and yes a guy with a barina who goes by the name of ultim8dtms (hi pete finished law skool yet?) said he has never raced anyone... well we all know why dont we... he cant drive... i dont race anymore now...or any less

EL BURITO
16th November 2007, 01:50 AM
+ what you say on here can be used legally against you, so never admit to anything that will get you in trouble

sriboy
16th November 2007, 02:23 AM
But don't act like you/we have never done thing like this before, the cops are not dumb, they know ppl on these site do it! fair enough don't go braging about racing other ppl but don't act like we are angles either!

Be true to yourselfs!

btm
16th November 2007, 08:57 AM
havent denied it, but havent admitted it either

don't agree with the crushing rule either

jsantos
16th November 2007, 03:47 PM
I stand by my belief that no government should be allowed to take a persons property unless it was aquired through unlawful means.

If someone killed my parents i would want them thrown in gaol, The person should be punished. Their property shouldn't come into play. Thats what the fine system is for. If you commit a $10,000 offence you pay a $10,000 fine, if that measn you have to sell your car so be it.

If someone in a M3 is racing a Supra and they both get their cars taken off them that's hardly an equal punishment.

Also

You guys might want to use the "swim" word from another forum i frequent. "Someone who isn't me" Where everyone always talks about what their friends are doing instead of what they are doing. e.g swim was drag racing today...... As El Burito said they can use what you say to incriminate you. So don't incriminate yourself incriminate SWIY (Someone who isn't you)

Tfer
16th November 2007, 04:06 PM
huh??

it's already being done.. and has been for years!!

cars, boats, homes, bikes etc get confiscated from criminals all the time..

why should this be any different?

you know the risks, if you take them, get caught, you take whats owing to you.. pretty simple really..

the only problem with this proposal i can see is, what if the car has a loan owing against it, technically it'd be the banks car..

got any better suggestions to stop all these repeat offenders? and the people who have no idea how to drive, endangering the lives of bystanders?

if an illegal street racer hit and killed your parents, would you like to see the driver drive away?? nahhh, i'd like to see that car wrecked..

i think it's a great idea.. it's just one we will never see in force here..

you have 10 mins to move your car.... you have 5 mins to move your car or it will be crushed in to a cube.... you have 10 minutes to move your cube

+ 1

OPC
17th November 2007, 01:57 AM
+ what you say on here can be used legally against you, so never admit to anything that will get you in trouble

thats easy to get around... just say you were big noting yourself and have never done it... easy... plead ignorant

DirtyHarry
17th November 2007, 09:05 AM
i agree with jsantos. taking away what you worked hard for should not be allowed. if you get caught racing and have to face a huge fine, then the matter falls back onto you and as a result you have to sell your car to pay the fine. you will learn your lesson better that way instead of getting your car crushed.

CAL.16V
17th November 2007, 03:52 PM
stupid law.... what happens if its your friends car you borrow or your parents car....

dont think anyone would stop for them if they knew your car was going to get smashed

xplosv57
17th November 2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah crushing cars is stupid, and a waste really!!!

The police can make money on confiscating thier cars and selling them off at auction, crushing them gets no money, they probably have to pay someone to dispose of the remains!!!

Taking the car away without crushing is better, take their license, and if a harsh crime, take their life away too and put them in jail!!!

Agree with some comments above with the car value, not an equal punishment when one is driving a sh1tbox and the other is driving an expensive exotic!!

The sh1tbox owner is more likely to do it again!!! However take both licenses and cars away, throw in some jail time and i think their mindset would change!!!