PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Opel Badges ****UPDATED**** CHECK PAGE 3

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 11:53 AM
Im only posting this in here as im not sure how often people check the "Great Deals" forum!

Im looking to track down a pair of Opel badges (The design) for my 97 Vectra sedan!

I recently contacted EmtechAutomotive in perth (I think) and he wants $75 per badge!

This thread here Is a Place in Ireland that is much cheaper that does group buys! (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=634&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

and from what i can tell its only about:

*Front grill Opel Flash Badge p/n 01324478 2.91 Euro (3.01 Euro Inc VAT & 15% Disc = about Au$4.89)

*Tailgate Opel Flash Badge p/n 0177778 10.75 Euro (11.05 Euro Inc VAT & 15% Disc = about Au$17.96)

So if anyones interested then post up here and we'll see what we can put together!

thanks
James.

UPDATE ON PEOPLE IN ON THE GROUP BUY

*Freaktown
*RK
*The Sentinel
*Greg K
*11-SXI

RK
22nd June 2004, 11:57 AM
Just read the other thread too. Im in on this.

I need:

- Front grill Opel Flash Badge (already have grille from ozeparts).
- Tailgate Opel Flash Badge.

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 12:05 PM
Okay, i just realised i need the new Opel grill! Well ozeparts is pretty cheap only thing is it comes unpainted! bummer!

mabey ill just superglue it on my holden one lol

*Well if youve already made contact with this guy, then atleast thats somthing! well just wait and see how many guys we can get!

The Sentinel
22nd June 2004, 01:24 PM
Freaktown... what movie is your sig from?

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 01:56 PM
Ah "Lock Stock and two smoking barrels" its the black dude who was the drug dealer you now "If the milks sour i aint the kinda pussy to drink it" :)

The Sentinel
22nd June 2004, 02:22 PM
Right... must see that movie... have seen Snatch but not that one.

</un-hijacks thread>

Dee
22nd June 2004, 02:28 PM
so to put the opel badge on you need a new grill????

i noticed the plastic under the badge on the grill is raised to suit the lion badge.... cant something just be put behind it so you dont see it.... like this...
http://users.bigpond.net.au/pfilmer/f9fOpel.JPG
or do you you have to get a new grill

if i dont need a new grill i will be asking for front and back badges and the OPEL & CORSA badges

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 02:57 PM
i thought u needed a new grill but i may be wrong

RK
22nd June 2004, 03:00 PM
you dont need a new grille.. unless you want a perfect flush finish.

Dee
22nd June 2004, 03:03 PM
ill wait til i get a definate answer...

i bet the opel badge is easier to clean :) no fiddly bits ....

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 03:27 PM
cool well we got 2 people so far!

The Sentinel
22nd June 2004, 03:38 PM
If it can be put over the top, then count me in for a front and back one for my Astra.

opel_calibra
22nd June 2004, 03:52 PM
you gotta put something behind it.. becuase if you look at the grill the plastic is moulded to the shape of the lion logo underneath.. you could always put black mesh behind it and you wouldnt notice.

Anonymous
22nd June 2004, 05:45 PM
With the Corsa, The Grill is Part of the Front Bumper.
So Hence thats Why Franky(The Pic) has used mesh to cover the Holden Lion. :D

The Sentinel
22nd June 2004, 09:01 PM
How about the tailgate one... does it have the same black plastic moulded lion?

Anonymous
22nd June 2004, 09:07 PM
Nah, All Tail Gate one have to Locating Pins.
Just Order the Rear Badge for Your Year and Model.

freaktown
22nd June 2004, 09:45 PM
Okay we have 3 people so far!

:screwy: i dont know how many we need!

*RK any idea how many people we need/ want? :roll:

Greg K
22nd June 2004, 09:59 PM
when will you be ordering them
cause i may be interested in a set for my 98 vectra!
Greg K

freaktown
23rd June 2004, 09:32 AM
depends we will give people a chance to join us, but not forever! so pretty soon!

Greg K
23rd June 2004, 09:55 AM
count me in then
need just front and rear OPEL flash badge for a 98 Vectra
Cheers
Greg K

RK
23rd June 2004, 10:20 AM
Im not sure about many we need.
Who's gonna do this btw?

russell_hurren
23rd June 2004, 11:26 AM
I'm interested if they've got something to fit my Astra (2001 hatch). I'm getting the car in a week or so and don't really want to spend a couple of hundred dollars to rebadge it. Is there anything that can go on the steering wheel in place of the holden badge?

Greg K
23rd June 2004, 06:43 PM

*Freaktown
*RK
*The Sentinel
*Greg K

em
23rd June 2004, 08:07 PM
I'm interested if they've got something to fit my Astra (2001 hatch). I'm getting the car in a week or so and don't really want to spend a couple of hundred dollars to rebadge it. Is there anything that can go on the steering wheel in place of the holden badge?

Not really there have been a few people who have managed to get the Holden badge off. But the rumour has that if you try and get the badge off and push/pull to hard you pop the air bag and therefore costing your self 2k in a replacement.

You would just be better to buy a replacement steering wheel from the UK with Opel badge on it anyways…

You best to ask someone who has removed it I think Tony got his off successfully….

anicorsa
23rd June 2004, 08:12 PM

Not really there have been a few people who have managed to get the Holden badge off. But the rumour has that if you try and get the badge off and push/pull to hard you pop the air bag and therefore costing your self 2k in a replacement.

You would just be better to buy a replacement steering wheel from the UK with Opel badge on it anyways…

You best to ask someone who has removed it I think Tony got his off successfully….

Even if you disconnect the battery??

Degen-Astra
23rd June 2004, 08:34 PM
I think its disconnecting the sensors or the battery.

Trying to think who has done it on here? Anyone remember who succesfully did it?

anicorsa
23rd June 2004, 08:44 PM
I think its AnthonyW and OPE-18L.

It'll probably be wise to disconnect both.

corsaboy
24th June 2004, 11:15 AM
Try TCCA Motorsport in Artarmon Sydney - Ask for Milan, he'll hook you up with any Opel badge/grille you want as well as HRR, Rieger, MTM, Carlsson, Brabus and oettinger stuff. If you want cheap Opel badges, try Carmate in Villawood Sydney, I paid $80 for front and back on my Corsa B. :wink:

Dee
24th June 2004, 11:38 AM

*Freaktown
*RK
*The Sentinel
*Greg K

you forgot me

*Freaktown
*RK
*11-SXI
*The Sentinel
*Greg K

Greg K
24th June 2004, 01:07 PM
sorry dude!
who is organising this btw???

:roll:

russell_hurren
24th June 2004, 01:17 PM

That doesn't sound good. I already have a sprained wrist and broken nose from my last airbag. Don't ever touch the horn when you're about to crash.
(Wasn't my fault - the guy ran a stop sign.)

The Sentinel
24th June 2004, 01:30 PM
I hate truck drivers (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?p=23457#23457), but count me in still.

I'm asking them not to put any decals on the back. This will save me having to remove them when I Opelise the hatch. :o

Greg K
24th June 2004, 03:03 PM
sorry to hear about the accident
hope you are ok
dont worry about the car
all material stuff can be replaced.
other things cant!

The Sentinel
24th June 2004, 05:27 PM
Yep, I'm o.k. thanks Greg K. :thumbup:

sijay
24th June 2004, 07:23 PM
eeehem...

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=1777

still FS :wink:

freaktown
24th June 2004, 08:19 PM
well im actually waiting to hear back from carmate as to whether or not they have these parts and if so the price!

If not then we will be going ahead with this!

russell_hurren
24th June 2004, 09:38 PM
I'm picking up the Astra tomorrow afternoon, so count me in for badges. I think I'll leave the steering wheel for a while.

sunny
24th June 2004, 09:46 PM
I'm picking up the Astra tomorrow afternoon, so count me in for badges. I think I'll leave the steering wheel for a while.

be sure to post some pixxies

tdr
24th June 2004, 09:56 PM
yeah count me in, if you can source the front piece for a v grill cali, and the rear opel badge with locating pins?? :)

sir-sri
25th June 2004, 11:12 PM
Just to clarify...on the Corsa, the rear holden badge has a couple of 'pins' which match up to holes in the rear hatch? I was hoping it was just a stick on job so I could turf it with the barina lettering and just have it plain, then whack an Opel badge on the front.

?

DrDevil
26th June 2004, 10:57 AM
Just to clarify...on the Corsa, the rear holden badge has a couple of 'pins' which match up to holes in the rear hatch? I was hoping it was just a stick on job so I could turf it with the barina lettering and just have it plain, then whack an Opel badge on the front.

?

yes, the XC Barina/Corsa C has two mounting holes on the back of the car - for the centre (Opel/Holden) badge only. There are no holes for the letters on either side.

freaktown
26th June 2004, 07:03 PM
Okay i got an email back from Carmate, they have them for $45 each, were getting cheaper lol thats down from $110 from some place in melbourne, to $75 from some place in perth, to $45 from carmate!

I guess it depends on if people are really willing to import or are happy with $45..

i found a place on english ebay! LMF Vauxhall

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LMF-VAUXHALL-PARTS-STYLING_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

they however dont seem to want to email me back! there very cheap and have irmscher badges that i want!

i will keep on the case and find the cheapest price!

If you cant wait, checkout Carmate if you can, ill see what i can find!

James :screwy:

Greg K
26th June 2004, 07:10 PM
thanx mate!! :wink:

RK
26th June 2004, 08:09 PM
from the irish dealer, djopel. For my Vectra.

front grille badge + rear boot badge + shipping to sydney (in 10-14 days):

$65 AUD.

freaktown
26th June 2004, 08:14 PM
were getting better!

Greg K
26th June 2004, 08:46 PM
do carmate make a set for the vectra?
if so why pay $65 for the ones from ireland when you can get the ones here for $45?
are they the same though????
:?

freaktown
26th June 2004, 09:00 PM
because there $45 each from carmate!

Greg K
26th June 2004, 09:32 PM
oh bugger
didnt see the 'each' bit!!
:screwy:

dug74
27th June 2004, 01:19 AM
i have a spare vectra opel grille if anyone wants it....RK has taken the badge from the front of it....so if you want the grille let me know.. we will have to organize something...

Also..freaktown...i think you can remove your badge from the airbag without a prob becoz it is connect by 4 little clips...it should slide out with a butter knife.. disconnect battery tho... if so..i have the opel badge for the steering wheel with the four metal prongs... if you want it :mrgreen:

Some ppl are lucky i have a fully opelised vectra that i just traded and converted it back to holden..now i have all the parts @home.. ready for my new OPEL.. sorry the opel flash badge and lettering for the back are going on my new car :cry:

RK
27th June 2004, 10:33 AM
what car are you getting mate?

russell_hurren
27th June 2004, 02:00 PM
Okay i got an email back from Carmate, they have them for $45 each, were getting cheaper lol thats down from $110 from some place in melbourne, to $75 from some place in perth, to $45 from carmate!
James :screwy:

Where's the place in Perth? I'd save on the cost of shipping, and it's easier to buy from Perth, but if someone else has it significantly cheaper I'd get it shipped over.

freaktown
27th June 2004, 05:10 PM
Emtech automotive!

http://www.emtechautomotive.com.au/car_fs.html

russell_hurren
27th June 2004, 06:34 PM
Emtech automotive!

http://www.emtechautomotive.com.au/car_fs.html

They're in Adelaide

RK
27th June 2004, 07:04 PM
Emtech charge $75 each i think.

freaktown
27th June 2004, 07:08 PM
lol Oops, Perth Adelaide its all the same!

And yes $75 per badge!

dannysport18
3rd July 2004, 09:45 AM
hi all i could see if i could get you a better price on them from england if this helps i am www.astra-sport.co.uk
if you let me know how many and what cars they are for i am sure i could get a better price for you lot down hear i should of had a look on hear as i have just sent my bro over to Perth to stay for a few weeks

The Sentinel
3rd July 2004, 09:49 AM
freaktown, can you put me down for JUST the grill badge. dug74 has kindly given me a tailgate badge that he no longer needs.

Thanks.....

dannysport18
3rd July 2004, 06:55 PM
also are you just looking for opel ones what about the vauxhall ones :!: if you want to let me know i will try and work out a price for you lot

Greg K
3rd July 2004, 08:02 PM
has anyone placed an order yet??
whats the situation at the moment??
:mrgreen:

freaktown
3rd July 2004, 08:15 PM
unfortunately still pending!

Im awaiting 3 more emails before i can work out the best price!

But no worries im still on the case! :mrgreen:

corsaboy
6th July 2004, 02:42 PM
Greg K,

I think carmate should do badges for Vectra, if not try Autojoy/TCCA Motorsport. Yes they are the same. But you can pay $65 each if you want! :screwy:

RK
6th July 2004, 03:50 PM
Autojoy and TCCA are the same?

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 04:03 PM
buy the time u guys organise this group buy ?heres sumthing since the start of this post i have had delivered parts from the uk and ireland and germany and other stuff so i think group buying is not worth it !

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 04:06 PM
lol Oops, Perth Adelaide its all the same!

And yes $75 per badge! perth adel is not the same thing ! ok and with a name like freaktown u must live in nsw under ur own suburb!

freaktown
6th July 2004, 04:18 PM
I dont need comments like that mate okay!

It was a joke mate and if u cant tell the differance i wouldn't bother replying!

I didnt start this as a gaurenteed group buy, okay so dont push it, im just trying to do the leg work for people and once i have all the info if people want to group buy then great if not then it dosnt bother me at all!

Im not a business nor am i making a profit! i have a life outside this forum i dont know about you, so i do what i can when i can!

p.s- The last place im waiting on said i would have the email by Wed English time!

Sorry for the delays for those of you who are patient enough!, but we are crossing time barriers here!

James!

Anonymous
6th July 2004, 04:39 PM
u could of atleast said Victoria :evil:

dont worry about him james he was kidding around too :? ..... just stay on topic and continue on with the group buy..... :wink:

Greg K
6th July 2004, 07:00 PM
im not in any rush mate
i would rather wait and get the best price than go out and buy the same product now for more money!
thanks for doing the hard work freaktown
:)

sir-sri
6th July 2004, 08:10 PM
Here here. A big thanks, and yes, what's the rush!

im not in any rush mate
i would rather wait and get the best price than go out and buy the same product now for more money!
thanks for doing the hard work freaktown
:)

RK
7th July 2004, 09:55 AM
i was searching for a thread for a friend, and found another thread by the SXI lady from Ireland. She said she was coming to Sydney on July 9th. thats THIS friday. I PM'ed her yesterday asking about getting some OPEL badges.. she said she'd try but its probably too late as she is leaving tomorrow :( missed by THAT much! :\ wish i had stumbled on that thread before.

freaktown
7th July 2004, 11:18 AM
****UPDATED ALL THE BUSINESS I COULD FIND****

Opel Flash Badge Buy Possibilities:

1. Emtech Automotive Adelaide: $75 per badge

2. DG Opel Ireland:
*) Front grill Opel Flash Badge p/n 01324478 2.91 Euro (3.01 Euro Inc VAT & 15% Disc = about Au$4.89)

*) Tailgate Opel Flash Badge p/n 0177778 10.75 Euro (11.05 Euro Inc VAT & 15% Disc = about Au$17.96)

*) Tailgate "OPEL" Badge p/n 05177198 6.16 Euro (6.45 Euro Inc VAT & 15% Disc = about Au$10.28)

*) Tailgate "CORSA" Badge p/n 0177102 7.21 Euro (7.41 Euro Inc VAT & 15 % Disc = about Au$12.04)

3. Carmate Sydney: $45 Per badge

4. TCCA Motorsport Sydney:
*)Front Opel Flash $ 66.00

*)Rear Opel Flash $ 66.00

*)Rear Word "Opel" $ 66.00

*)complete original front grills with the Opel badge installed. $330

*)For orders of 10 or more items take a 15% discount.

5. LMF Vauxhall England: $23.11 Per Flash Badge

6. Dannysport18 Still Waiting to hear back from!

Dannysport18 Runs Astra Sport In England and has been Kind enough to work out some prices for us to complete our list! He would be getting them from Germany then sending them to Aus!

If People who are still interested could PM reply here and write down the following:

Model: "ie- Vectra Sedan"
Year: "ie- 1997 JR"
What you want: "ie- Front and Rear Flash Badges"

Cheers and thanks for being so patient!

freaktown
7th July 2004, 09:54 PM
Rock the Cazba!! Im sorry it took so long, but it was very hard for most places to give a definitive answer! Aswell most places when asked about the possibilitie of a discount replied with "Well, umm ill have to ask the manager"!

As it looks theres a few places around that will do it in Aus. Carmate being the cheapest! And DG in Ireland being the cheapest overall!

I guess it depends on what your willing to do!

Ill let people discuss for themselves what they want to do but i hope this leg work makes it easier for you guys!

James.

The Sentinel
7th July 2004, 10:10 PM
So why wouldn't we go for the Opel Ireland grille badge at AU$4.89 over the local guys at $45 or $66???

This seems to be a no-brainer (unless we end up gettting |=ucked by import duty).

freaktown
7th July 2004, 10:22 PM
Hence the:

If People who are still interested could PM reply here and write down the following:

As i need to know numbers before i can work out a discount and shipping costs!

James.

dannysport18
8th July 2004, 01:57 AM
what it is people make money on them that all its about i am sure your dealer over there could order them for you as they habve the part numbers on there epc
i dont run astra sport i am a member on it but i will try and get you lot a good price the thing that will sting will be the posting thats the only bit i can seeing as being a pain in the arse i will try some one in ermany i know i have never got any thing from Ireland my self but i know the man in germany is very good with the price he dose

Dee
8th July 2004, 09:46 AM
Model: Corsa C SXi
Year: 03
What you want: Front and Rear Flash Badges, OPEL and CORSA badges

pweese

Greg K
8th July 2004, 09:48 AM
Model: Vectra Hatch
Year: 1998 JR
What you want: Front and Rear Flash Badges

Cheers :wink:

freaktown
8th July 2004, 09:49 AM
Please reply here with the following Info if you want badges!

RK
8th July 2004, 10:22 AM
just waiting on Dug74 before i commit to this.

freaktown
8th July 2004, 10:55 AM
hey RK.

No one is committing to anything! Nothing is certain... ever lol

RK
8th July 2004, 11:18 AM
well then, can i commit to the uncertainty of this potential group buy? :P

freaktown
8th July 2004, 12:12 PM
you may indeed commit to this commitment which is in fact not a commitment but rather an uncertainty, that much is commited! :screwy:

The Sentinel
8th July 2004, 01:19 PM
Model: Astra G SRi
Year: 03
What you want: Front Opel Grille Badges.

Ta muchly.

RK
8th July 2004, 02:11 PM
Model: Vectra B Sedan
Year: 01
What you want: Rear Flash Badge.

BoostedAstra
8th July 2004, 02:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but if any ppl in Brisbane are interested in the rear opel badge for the astra, pm me.... How does $25 from a store at macgregor sound? (this is a genuine part, last time i was there saw the gm packaging).... Not sure how many they have currently or if they can get more but i can point you to someone in Brisbane who is not after your dollars (and i do not work for this guy!!!!)

BA

The Sentinel
8th July 2004, 02:46 PM
Cool.. I currently have a an Opel rear badge but can't find the right sort of double-sided tape to apply it. The only tape I have found so far is the super-thick stuff.
I don't want the ghetto-look :-)

Also the hole on the car don't seem to line up with the mounting tabs on the badge, so I might take you up on one of these badges if this once gives me to much grief....

[Sorry to hijack thread] What do people recommend for removing the existing adhesive from a badge without it attacking the plastic?

RK
8th July 2004, 02:47 PM
does he have any for Vectra Bs?

The Sentinel
8th July 2004, 02:49 PM
The rear badge that I have here could well be a Vectra one as Dug74 gave it too me when he sold his Vectra. Is there any way of telling by the mounting-tab layout?

This one has a tab in the middle and one on the outside (i.e. on the "circle" part of the logo).

RK
8th July 2004, 03:01 PM
hmm. if that fits your astra.
then the astra one will fit mine.

The Sentinel
8th July 2004, 03:26 PM
That's what I'm saying.. I think the Vectra badge one has another mounting tab on it.. my Astra only has one hole in the boot.

Can any vectra owners out there confirm this for me?

Anonymous
8th July 2004, 03:39 PM
i dont know where my rear badge came from but it had 2 tabs on it, so i just chopped the extra one off and made sure that when i stuck it to the car, it was straight,

aslong as the centre bit is right, just do it straight and you'll be fine....

RK
8th July 2004, 03:39 PM
oh. crud.

woody
8th July 2004, 03:44 PM
Sentinel

try either of the following:

Big Kevs Gunk remover

Or

Citrus based cleaners.

Cheers

Woody

Anonymous
8th July 2004, 03:46 PM
a good one i use is De-Solv-It, i bought mine from hardware house....

The Sentinel
8th July 2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks Woody.

BoostedAstra
9th July 2004, 01:31 PM
Yep they are the badges with just the one tab.

Just let me know if you guys are after them, I think he only has these ones....

As of the tape to use, not sure, the badges should already have it on. Last time I took my badges off used a hair dryer and some fishing line to take the original holden badge off, then some form of goo remover. Removed the backing from the flash and bang- stuck on, took me round 5 mins...

BA

tdr
9th July 2004, 05:38 PM
Model: Calibra Turbo
Year: 1996
Badges: Front and rear flashes

Thanks mate, let me know

russell_hurren
9th July 2004, 06:05 PM
Model: Astra CD
Year 2001
Badges: Front and rear flash