PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster problem.

SaInT
7th November 2007, 11:16 PM
Finally decided to start on my interior mods, took the instrument panel apart, centre console included.

Replaced the LED's on the instrument Panel, and the multi function display.

I also installed new plasma dials on the panel. Wired to one of the LED's for power. Now when putting back together. The KM's Traveled LCD no longer displays. At first i thought it was an LED in backwards but after swapping it around 4-5x with working ones, and definetly getting it working itself, the little screen is still blank.

I also thought it had something to do with the MFD and the Temperature controls being disconnected at the time, but alas when putting it all back together it still didnt light up.

Anything i have missed, i know the instrument panel is sitting flush as everything else on the panel works fine. Is there something i have to reset somewhere? none of the guides say there is, don't really want to take it to an auto elec after all my hard work :)

SaInT
9th November 2007, 06:13 PM
Noone knows about this stuff here? :(

xplosv57
9th November 2007, 07:29 PM
Had the same issue when i pulled the cluster globes out of my Astra G, the only way i fixed it was buying a new set of genuine globes!!

Check you haven't scratched the chip board or anything and also make sure the globes haven't blown!! Check if theres power and earth to the globes and the contacts!!

SaInT
10th November 2007, 03:09 PM
Yea not sure why but the apparent 1.5W 12 V LED (Blue) i was sold, not that i can see those markings on it, doesn't match the style of LED/Bulb that was in there before, simply taking it back out and putting in the old yellow/orange one back in makes it work. Perhaps it was not meant to be! oh well my new plasma dials looks sweet. Will take a pic and add it to my profile.