PDA

View Full Version : lol crazy turbo astra

shince
5th November 2007, 09:49 AM
was watching the news last night and there was a guy who "on purpose" knudged a police car then started a high speed chase down kwinana freeway and ended up in leederville(could be wrong witht he end spot i forgot) showed the car,turbo astra with gauges etc. just thought it was funny he started it by knudging the cop, hehad no drugs n was not pissed, he got charged with reckless driving,speeding,resisiting arress

btm
5th November 2007, 10:02 AM
what an idiot

USC
5th November 2007, 10:31 AM
just funny how he wanted to race the cop with his astra...lol!!! cops probably have modified V8`s!! hahaha...he had no chance...

btm
5th November 2007, 10:38 AM
obviously a stubby short of a six pack!

InsaneAsylum
5th November 2007, 11:35 AM
****ing stupid

if you ever thought you'd be "racin' da cops" you may as well top yourself now

oneightoo
5th November 2007, 12:33 PM
just funny how he wanted to race the cop with his astra...lol!!! cops probably have modified V8`s!! hahaha...he had no chance...

they are, but not that much, and nothing to cream over either.. and they are also loaded with a lot of extra weight..

also depending on what level the cop driver is at with pursuits will depend on how long they will chase you for.. if you got a rookie cop, expect that once you hit 160 for about a minute, the pursuit will be called off..

InsaneAsylum
5th November 2007, 01:35 PM
cops aren't that dumb either... as long as your displaying your own number plate, stupidity will catch up to you sooner or later.

i didn't think cop cars were modified anymore, apart from the comms gear, an independantly illuminated speedo and wider tyres? any cops on here care to clarify this? :p

blueraven
5th November 2007, 01:36 PM
great...what colour was the astra?

guys like him deserve to be removed from the gene pool.

EL BURITO
5th November 2007, 02:19 PM
did you dive the cammery to work today NIK ?

oneightoo
5th November 2007, 02:56 PM
cops aren't that dumb either... as long as your displaying your own number plate, stupidity will catch up to you sooner or later.

i didn't think cop cars were modified anymore, apart from the comms gear, an independantly illuminated speedo and wider tyres? any cops on here care to clarify this? :p

exactly.. if the pursuit is called off, they will most definaltey have your number plate..

cop cars do not have modified engines or maps.. all police cars come with the "Police Pack" which is only SE2 sports suspension and in the holden cars they have a higher profile tyre, they go from a 60 to an 80 series tyre this is for going up gutters etc..

btm
5th November 2007, 03:07 PM
exactly.. if the pursuit is called off, they will most definaltey have your number plate..
but would most likely be stolen

oneightoo
5th November 2007, 03:15 PM
maybe, likely..

blueraven
5th November 2007, 03:25 PM
did you dive the cammery to work today NIK ?

Hahaha... i did actually ;)

shince
5th November 2007, 05:50 PM
they only got him with spikes on the road.

SKM_87
5th November 2007, 09:25 PM
i saw that on the news yesterday. silver astra for sale soon?? haha.

EL BURITO
5th November 2007, 09:27 PM

cop cars do not have modified engines or maps.. all police cars come with the "Police Pack" which is only SE2 sports suspension and in the holden cars they have a higher profile tyre, they go from a 60 to an 80 series tyre this is for going up gutters etc..
and SS front seats over here

oneightoo
6th November 2007, 08:51 AM
your police holden v8's arent SS's in perth?

shince
6th November 2007, 09:37 AM
i saw that on the news yesterday. silver astra for sale soon?? haha.

yeah

EL BURITO
6th November 2007, 11:01 AM
your police holden v8's arent SS's in perth?
no they are not, they just have the side bolsters on the front seats (mate brought a ex VZ) there still Omegas thou. They have XR6 turbos and WRX's aswell thou here

btm
6th November 2007, 11:24 AM
no they are not, they just have the side bolsters on the front seats (mate brought a ex VZ) there still Omegas thou. They have XR6 turbos and WRX's aswell thou here
interesting...

we used to have a couple of WRX highway persuit cars but i havent seen them around for years...

oneightoo
6th November 2007, 12:04 PM
the wrx's used were ineffective and removed from "normal" police use..

theres still heaps of other types of cops cars in NSW, but they're all used for show and to get in with locals..

all the cops i know say the 380 is the best car for policing..

btm
6th November 2007, 01:31 PM
there is a suzuki jimny marked cop car at cronulla police station :D

bornwild
6th November 2007, 01:51 PM
What happened with those rumored Dodge Vipers as cop cars....?? This was a few years back

oneightoo
6th November 2007, 02:01 PM
there'd only be one if dodge donated one..

all the non-standard police cars are donated by the manufacturers..

btm
6th November 2007, 02:15 PM
i have been pulled over by an unmarked RAV4 too

EL BURITO
6th November 2007, 02:15 PM
interesting...

we used to have a couple of WRX highway persuit cars but i havent seen them around for years...
they still have those over here as well as Astra Cdti
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5524252,00.jpg
http://www.wrxownersclub.com.au/WAPOL%20WRX.jpg

Jim Kelly
June 13, 2007 01:00pm

WA POLICE are going green by adding the ultimate hoon car to their fleet in a move to reduce Greenhouse gas emissions.
Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan today announced plans to replace six cylinder vehicles with more environmentally friendly four cylinder cars.

The vehicles of choice are the Holden Astra turbo diesel and the Subaru Impreza WRX, a high performance car popular with young hoon drivers.

Mr O'Callaghan said the smaller cars had an equal or better safety rating than the larger cars, produced fewer greenhouse gas emissions and were equally as quick.

"This is not being done for cost savings, it is being done because it is environmentally the right thing to do,'' he said.

"People in the metropolitan area do not need to be travelling around in six cylinder vehicles.

Mr O'Callaghan said he expected four cylinder cars would make up about 30 per cent of 1200-vehicle police fleet within two years.

He said he would be among the first to make the change, swapping his Holden Statesman for a four cylinder car.

EL BURITO
6th November 2007, 02:16 PM
i have been pulled over by an unmarked RAV4 too
that is scary. they had a marked Tarargo in Karratha

btm
6th November 2007, 02:40 PM
that is scary. they had a marked Tarargo in Karratha
yeah they use them for transportation

EL BURITO
6th November 2007, 02:43 PM
yeah they use them for transportation
really that would be a 1st, thought it was a hwy patrol car :rolleyes: