PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield

dfl8ed
2nd November 2007, 10:31 PM
Hi guy's just spent the day out at wakefield race track. Was afun dayaround the track. Got to say Astra haddles okay on a stock set up eg wheels, Brakes, springs.
My astra has been flashed by Matt and I've got a 3inch dump to a 2.5 system and a 2.2l air box. I was getting 165 down the main straight and needing to back a tad comming into the 1st corner(stock set up rememebr). Anyway many people were surprised by the speeds and times I was getting. Got to love the sleeper look of these things.

So next mods will now be H&R springs konishocks and a whiteline swaybar Oh and a new set of front rubber. Totally chewed the front left tyre.

USC
3rd November 2007, 02:56 AM
good stuff man! car looking good!!

D@N
3rd November 2007, 07:35 AM
What was your best time for the day?

SKM_87
3rd November 2007, 10:30 AM
gotta love wakefield, what times did you get??

dfl8ed
4th November 2007, 11:21 PM
I was managing to get 1.20min laps.
It was my 1st attempt at the race track and had a great time.
Took a while to get the lines right and other stuff. Had trouble with grip really, could not hold a line and was getting a bit of wheel spin comming onto the straight and the middle corner.
I know it would be possible for faster times with a better set up but went well for a stocker.

btm
5th November 2007, 09:40 AM
get yourself a good set of slicks

SKM_87
5th November 2007, 09:20 PM
nah, go a set of A048's, reasonble track tyre, about 1200 for a set (mite be more for normal people, thats race team price) and still semi street legal