PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone

EAK33Y
1st November 2007, 06:20 PM
Had there Door Handles and Side Strips Colour Coded?

My cars in the smash repaiers atm and thought i might get them done while it was in there and asked for a quote well got one today $400 i nilly laughed i was like its 8 Bits of plastic but apparantly its so dear because the door handles are screwed into the door trim.

So how much did yours cost?

tuzinski
1st November 2007, 06:22 PM
i was quoted $290 removed, painted and refitted.

didnt get it done tho...

MK
1st November 2007, 06:40 PM
i was quoted $500 for door side strips, roof strips (Astra H) front bumper and rear bumper strips, door handles (removed and painted)

i opted to leave the door handles black however. (personal choice)

EAK33Y
1st November 2007, 06:52 PM
Well all i want is side strips and door handles i wont worry about roof strips

For Astra G

SaInT
1st November 2007, 07:05 PM
Talon-styling quoted me $320 to have them done, ive heard touch up guys are about the same.

skulless
1st November 2007, 07:32 PM
i've got mine down by touch up guys. 300 for door handles and side strips

EAK33Y
1st November 2007, 07:35 PM
Just angry my mate left is job at Holden he would of done them for $50

blueraven
1st November 2007, 08:39 PM
yeah mate 300-400 is about right.

take them off yourself and give them to them and you will prolly get it cheaper...

btm
2nd November 2007, 08:47 AM
$400 is on the upper end of the scale, but if they have a good reputation then it could be worth the extra $$ to have it looking schmick and not peeling after 6 months

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 09:40 AM
I've had mine on my Calibra done - definitely a nice update to get done to a car :)

I removed/fitted them myself.

For me the biggest cost was the handles themselves.....much nicer rounded and smooth new Vecce C units :)

Prep/painting cost $90.....full job was quoted at $160.

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:35 PM
i really should get off my arse one of these days and get mine done too... amazing what a difference it makes

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 02:44 PM
i really should get off my arse one of these days and get mine done too... amazing what a difference it makes

It sure does......makes the car look more modern and in the case of my Cali - probably because of the red colour - it makes the car look longer/more slender side on, as there's no break of the colour by that yukkie looking stock black/grey handle in the middle there :)

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:48 PM
i think silver more so needs it than any other colour

USC
2nd November 2007, 02:49 PM
It sure does......makes the car look more modern and in the case of my Cali - probably because of the red colour - it makes the car look longer/more slender side on, as there's no break of the colour by that yukkie looking stock black/grey handle in the middle there :)

hehe..agree with ya...painted trims look heaps betta! and is a lot easier to take care of as black plastic fades, get scratches that cant be polished off...where as paint is easy to polish and also protects plastic from cracking etc.

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:51 PM
actually maybe white needs it more than silver

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 02:56 PM
actually maybe white needs it more than silver

I was going to say the same thing, ie: white needs it more than any other colour, red, especially a light/bright shade is a close 2nd, then your silver tones I think :)