PDA

View Full Version : Astra AH squeaky rear suspension.

digifish
1st November 2007, 10:59 AM
Just in case it helps someone out. Mine started to make creaking noises over low speed bumps a couple of months ago and I got the dealer to look at it on my 12 month service.

There is apparently a fix that was applied to my vehicle...on my paper work...

"Fix as per techline ISS. 8 PG 6, Sept 07. Fit new washers, bolts and nuts to suspension as required".

The service manager noted Holden has recognised an issue an provided a hardware solution.

digifish

USC
1st November 2007, 11:18 AM
what do u mean by squeaky rear suspension? when u apply brakes or just when driving around?

mine does some weird noises in the back when I apply brakes and its not coming from the brakes itself...more from syspension.

digifish
1st November 2007, 11:20 AM
what do u mean by squeaky rear suspension? when u apply brakes or just when driving around?

mine does some weird noises in the back when I apply brakes and its not coming from the brakes itself...more from syspension.

This is the creaking that happens over low speed bumps etc. It's coming from the bushes I think.

digifish

USC
1st November 2007, 11:33 AM
This is the creaking that happens over low speed bumps etc. It's coming from the bushes I think.

digifish

ah ok..I dont think I get that. Mine only happens if I reverse and brake...there is a slight clunk in the rear area....very strange.

is urs a my07 or my7.5?

NEMO
1st November 2007, 12:50 PM
mine did the same... holden lubed the rear bushes...

haven't had a problem since then

digifish
1st November 2007, 01:33 PM
ah ok..I dont think I get that. Mine only happens if I reverse and brake...there is a slight clunk in the rear area....very strange.

is urs a my07 or my7.5?

6.5? Was there even a 6.5 of the CDTi...it was launched in June 06?

Anyway the dealer said there were 'new parts' they were waiting on for Holden to ship for it...hence some extra days driving the BIG DUMB BUS! :p VE

digifish

USC
1st November 2007, 01:43 PM
ah ok...mine is the my7..they probably fixed that by then.... I dont get any noise over speed bumps.

Vectracious
1st November 2007, 02:11 PM
make sure its not your tailgate/hatch...

USC
1st November 2007, 02:14 PM
make sure its not your tailgate/hatch...

u reckon that can move and rattle? damn....haha ..what a shit car!

Vectracious
1st November 2007, 02:18 PM

WTF... :confused:

its a common problem especially on the G's (and probably with any hatchback including the H) - the bump stops get squashed over time, so when you do go over bumps, the tailgate can rattle or squeak - pull the bumpstops out and the tailgate sits snug against the body...

USC
1st November 2007, 02:42 PM
WTF... :confused:

its a common problem especially on the G's (and probably with any hatchback including the H) - the bump stops get squashed over time, so when you do go over bumps, the tailgate can rattle or squeak - pull the bumpstops out and the tailgate sits snug against the body...

not sure how true this is..may be for the G....i drove my car around without bumpstops as they had to be removed for painting (was waiting for new ones to arrive)and the tailgate did not rattle.

It might help a bit with preventing rattling but its main purpose is so the tailgate does not sink in when u press against it.

SIMid
1st November 2007, 03:28 PM
Mine has been squeeking a fair bit lately. Definately not the hatch. If I park on a slight slope, open the tailgate and push the back down, I can hear the rear suspension squeeking. Also the rear seat I have read here tends to do a bit of squeeking as well. As for the suspension, does not squeek on demand.

I'm gonna get mine checked out at the next service.

As for a loose hatch, it's more of a thump than a squeek. Calibras have this problem.

digifish
1st November 2007, 03:32 PM
As for the suspension, does not squeek on demand.

I'm gonna get mine checked out at the next service.

I could get mine to squeak by opening the back door and standing on the sill. Which looking at your pic could be a bit hard...try sitting on the tail-gate.

digifish

Vectracious
1st November 2007, 03:33 PM
Just a suggestion children.... ;)

SIMid
1st November 2007, 03:40 PM
I could get mine to squeak by opening the back door and standing on the sill. Which looking at your pic could be a bit hard...try sitting on the tail-gate.

digifish

Mine squeeked when I got to work when I tested from the hatch. When I got home afterwork, it did not squeek from the hatch. Who knows! *LOL* Maybe I need to take the speed humps a bit faster.

Wraith
1st November 2007, 04:09 PM

This is a common problem on Calibras, ie: tailgate hatch lid squeaks.........;)

USC
1st November 2007, 04:25 PM
calibras werent any good anyways....;)

try changing the hinge pins and grease them b4 installing...

Wraith
1st November 2007, 04:47 PM
calibras werent any good anyways....;)

try changing the hinge pins and grease them b4 installing...

Unfortunately this is true about Calibras ....

Red AH SRI T
1st November 2007, 05:58 PM
mine did the same... holden lubed the rear bushes...

haven't had a problem since then

Same here

6.5? Was there even a 6.5 of the CDTi...it was launched in June 06?

Anyway the dealer said there were 'new parts' they were waiting on for Holden to ship for it...hence some extra days driving the BIG DUMB BUS! :p VE

digifish

Yes there was a AH6.5 and yes it came in CDTi

Geebs
1st November 2007, 06:23 PM
Just in case it helps someone out. Mine started to make creaking noises over low speed bumps a couple of months ago and I got the dealer to look at it on my 12 month service.

There is apparently a fix that was applied to my vehicle...on my paper work...

"Fix as per techline ISS. 8 PG 6, Sept 07. Fit new washers, bolts and nuts to suspension as required".

The service manager noted Holden has recognised an issue an provided a hardware solution.

digifish

I actually had this done at my last service also. Had started making a squeeky noise from the rear supsension, they told me there was a fix and they replaces some sort of washers and bolts. Apparently it is something to do with the material they are made from (some sort of steel) and the replacement fix involves some plastic parts. This was 4,000 km ago for me and hasnt squeeked since. In fact im finding the car is actually driving alot smoother and quieter.