PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Query

sooty
30th October 2007, 10:04 PM
Being 19 and Male the mofo's charge me enough as is ($1800 premium, $1000 excess) with JustCar insurance, just curious as to what sort of increase people think their might be if i were to lower it? i figured it would change...just have no idea by how much...
Any help would be much appreciated...thanks..

ps...yeah i know i could just call them, but figured you guys would be quicker and with less hold music

bornwild
30th October 2007, 10:19 PM
Why would the premium change??

shoey85
30th October 2007, 10:28 PM
y dont u try CGU insurance they r who i use and cheap

sooty
30th October 2007, 10:47 PM
i just figured my insurance would change due to it being a modification... it was just a guess.
how cheap are cgu? i'll get dad to give them a call.
thanx

So you don't think my premium would change?

bornwild
30th October 2007, 11:30 PM
Well I figure if they use the argument that it is a modification to increase the premium you can always say that you've improved the standard springs hence less risk of accident.....don't know whether my reasoning is legally viable but yeah

R3N
30th October 2007, 11:41 PM
Being 19 and Male the mofo's charge me enough as is ($1800 premium, $1000 excess) with JustCar insurance, just curious as to what sort of increase people think their might be if i were to lower it? i figured it would change...just have no idea by how much...
Any help would be much appreciated...thanks..

ps...yeah i know i could just call them, but figured you guys would be quicker and with less hold music

I'm sure with JustCar they have a reasonable allowance on mods without affecting your premium. Other insurers however only allow up to 2-3 mods before they tell you to bugger off (and some even consider a different head unit a mod :rolleyes:). Even if there was an increase in premium, it would be to cover the additional cost of insuring the mod, an example would be if you had a $2k suspension on it.

In any case, please declare all your mods to your insurers, might save you hassles later when trying to make a claim.

MatsHolden
30th October 2007, 11:55 PM
That's a pretty reasonable premium at 1800 there. And it will not affect the premium at all. Nothing I have done (with JCI) has affected the premium, you just have make sure you list everything you've done though.

skulless
31st October 2007, 01:21 AM
i've just updated my insurance today. told them i've lowered my car and done my exhaust, they said no problem, will send me a new confirmation letter in the next few days.

sooty
31st October 2007, 09:23 AM
sounds good to me

Ishley
31st October 2007, 01:30 PM
Most insurance companies work on a points basis. So for arguement sake. Say you are allowed 100 points and lowering the car is 50 points. You will still be able to do another mod to the car, so long as they consider it less then 50 points.

Your premium shouldnt change, you will reach the ammount of points allowed and they will say that if you do anything else to the car that they will be unable to insure you. Justcar are pretty good with mods, they say that you can have unlimited mods to your car.

Best to just ring and ask them. Then you will get the correct answer

sooty
31st October 2007, 02:30 PM
Well it all sounds a lot better than i thought...So thanks a lot guys and gals!
Will call them soon.

Called them, just car is fine with mods, so will prob get it done soon. The kit will come after cos it's a lot of money for some painted plastic...