PDA

View Full Version : Introductions Section for New Members

a_manda
21st June 2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Mods and Co.

Just a pondering thought whilst looking around the site, have you ever considered adding an Introduction Section for the new members of the site? I was looking through the members list and noticed so many ppl have joined but have 0 posts. I noticed some (barely any) members introduce themselves in General or Off Topic, but i think introductions would be better and more personalised if there was a dedicated section for them.

Perhaps some members feel intimated to post and at least if they introduce themselves, say where they are from what car/mods etc they have, people get a better chance to know them.

I have seen this on other sites and it works so well and it makes them feel really welcome to the site.

Just an idea....

a_manda

Vectracious
21st June 2004, 12:34 PM
I have to second Amanda's suggestion. Another forum I visit has an introduction section and it works really well, and gives new posters some more confidence and gives them an area to introduce themselves rather than just guessing which forum to post on. I know that when I first came joined, I wasn't exactly sure where to go.

Rhino
21st June 2004, 12:53 PM
Tis a bit of a no brainer really. Don't know why this hasn't been thought of.

Keep in mind also, some ppl join purely to access extra information from the 'members' section and that is all. They are quite content not to post anything.

Also as part of house keeping, can we find out the last time a member logged in. There might be quite a few 'hollow' accounts that we could get rid of. Maybe send a group email to anyone that hasn't logged in for 12 months that their account will be deleted...

Thanks for playing a_manda, nice to hear from you :)

EAK33Y
21st June 2004, 01:19 PM
Im a member of www.newcastlelaps.net and since they made an introduce yaself part people have posted alot more

em
21st June 2004, 02:18 PM
we had an introduction thread about 6 pages long havent seen it for a while, someone should try to dig it up.....

had a look but couldnt see it

em

EDIT: its up.... in off topic under introduction please

Anonymous
21st June 2004, 02:52 PM
Found it Clickety Click (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=31)

i thought it was lying around somehwere,

mr_astra_retired
22nd June 2004, 07:44 PM
Well i like this idea . Id like to see an intro topic section , makes for a friendly forum .

Anonymous
22nd June 2004, 07:56 PM
I started it, I rule. No saying Other wise Coz I Do :)
Some Statement Made by the KID are to be taken with a Grain of Salt, As he and Party are intoxicated

Turblue
22nd June 2004, 09:32 PM
If anyone ever says that the staff are not willing to respond to good ideas and modify OpelAus........,

I will.................. :bang:

New member Section is done.

Now, am I allowed to go to bed now..???? :roll:

Anonymous
22nd June 2004, 10:13 PM
If anyone ever says that the staff are not willing to respond to good ideas and modify OpelAus........,

I will.................. :bang:

New member Section is done.

Now, am I allowed to go to bed now..???? :roll:

Ya should move the Indroduction Plese Thread there too.
Its a established Tread with Alot of Peoples Names and Info :D

a_manda
23rd June 2004, 08:00 AM
THANKS TURBLUE! u the bestest http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/cool11.gif