PDA

View Full Version : power windows died?

skulless
29th October 2007, 09:45 AM
does anyone know my power windows doesnt work anymore? it was still functioning when i was driving it and when i tried to wind it down, it just didnt do anything. something wrong with the wiring? its a brand new astra too, damn! :(

USC
29th October 2007, 10:03 AM
i doutbt it is the wiring...most probably the fuse/relay/regulator/motor??

holden should fix it under warranty.

btm
29th October 2007, 10:10 AM
you can reset them somehow. that should fix it.

cant remember how you do it though. i think you hold the down button for X seconds whilst starting the car or something like that????

JohnBu
29th October 2007, 01:43 PM
its a brand new astra too, damn! :(

warranty claim

btm
29th October 2007, 01:55 PM
is it all windows or just one of them?

skulless
29th October 2007, 07:53 PM
its all of them.

took to the dealer today. they said the fuse is blown:eek: because when they did the rear parking sensors, they might have caused something to the wiring!
they replaced the fuse but couldn't 100% guarantee it wont fail again, if it did, they asked me to bring it in again and do a thorough check!

USC
29th October 2007, 09:04 PM
its all of them.

took to the dealer today. they said the fuse is blown:eek: because when they did the rear parking sensors, they might have caused something to the wiring!
they replaced the fuse but couldn't 100% guarantee it wont fail again, if it did, they asked me to bring it in again and do a thorough check!

man..that sucks!! was an apprentice doing the job??

skulless
29th October 2007, 11:48 PM
i have no idea but they gave me a very bad impression of their service!! i'll never take it back there for any of service except warranty from now

btm
30th October 2007, 08:41 AM
i always carry around a few spare fuses for incidents exactly like this one

USC
30th October 2007, 11:00 AM
i have no idea but they gave me a very bad impression of their service!! i'll never take it back there for any of service except warranty from now

even for warranty, you can go to any Holden dealership.

can u go under the bumper and check the wiring yourself? make sure there are no dodgy connections and everything is earthed correctly.

skulless
31st October 2007, 01:24 AM
even for warranty, you can go to any Holden dealership.

can u go under the bumper and check the wiring yourself? make sure there are no dodgy connections and everything is earthed correctly.

i've checked it and there is nothing there. some wires but not really a mess. dunno what's with them

USC
31st October 2007, 09:47 AM
trace it from sensors to fuse box etc...