PDA

View Full Version : Calibra rotors, Calipers and pads? How to change regular?

Kippa-Dee
25th October 2007, 01:44 PM
Greetings all.

It was about 2 years ago I had my barina's rotors and pads replaced (righteously farked at that point).

It's coming up to time to replace my brake pads; and thought I might investigate the cost members have experienced for replacing their rotors, calipers and pads with Calibra ones.

I know for standard pad replacements for my car it's around $90.
How difficult is it to change pads? Just a matter of removing wheels, unclipping pad, and whacking fresh one in before bolting wheels back on?

Cheers!

gslrallysport
25th October 2007, 01:55 PM
I know for standard pad replacements for my car it's around $90.
For standard pads??? Just for the front? That's WAY over priced...

Standard pads would be something like RDA at $30, or QFM at $35, and something in the way of high performance like Lucas is only $60!

PaulyJ
25th October 2007, 10:34 PM
Joel, I've done a Calibra brake upgrade on mine.
You'll need to buy calipers from a wrecker, new rotors and new pads.
It is a direct bolt on swap.
I ended up getting RDA slotted rotors and EBC Green-stuff pads. You'll notice a HUGE difference. Let me know if you need a hand.

Kippa-Dee
25th October 2007, 11:22 PM
How much are the calipers?

New rotors and pads are what, $200 odd?

No need to bleed brake lines or do anything equally nasty to facilitate it?

Pauly, I might need a hand - it's gonna be a bitch of a job :D

poita
25th October 2007, 11:47 PM
i got a set of Quinton Hazel cross drilled slotted rotors (cause they look preddy) on my cally.
they cost me bout $350 for the full set on me door step
as for pads, have bendix advance, they where bout $180ish

PaulyJ
26th October 2007, 12:43 AM
Joel, give me a call when you're ready and I'll organise the pads and rotors for you thru my contact.
Also give Bennetts a wring about the calipers. Cant remember how much I paid for them.

I'd recommend doing a brake fluid flush. It not nasty. Wont take long to do either.

Its not gonna be a bitch of a job Joel. As i said, its bolt on, so it'd take just as long as if your were changing your stock brakes.

gslrallysport
26th October 2007, 10:36 AM
New rotors and pads are what, $200 odd?
Not quite... New rotors are about $45-50 each, and if you're paying any more than $60-80 for performance pads (or $30-40 for standard pads) then you're paying too much...

If you're just after a standard replacement, and nothing in the way of performance, then 2 rotors and a set of pads should cost no more than about $120... A set of slotted rotors and high performance pads, no more than about about $250ish.