PDA

View Full Version : Japanese GT Series comes to WA in 2005

jch75
20th June 2004, 10:20 PM
Japanese GT Series comes to WA in 2005.............pretty cool hey.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200406/s1134050.htm

I must say, that would be cool - then it would be cool to see some Aussie cars do some laps & compare times.................

i reckon aussie procar rocks....................i think it kicks supercar racing for the fact that commodores and falcons are boring all the time, toyota and mitsubishi need get into the v8 action. I still like procar better anyway becos it reflects the road cars where as the Supercars are no where near road spec....................to state the obvious.

Remember when Mark Skaife was a skyline driver hahaha......those were the days.......................... competition is good............................ the turbos were kicked out because the local manfacturers here weren't prepared to spent the $$$ to compete................................against the jap imports. These days.....................may be a little different :D

OPL-20T
20th June 2004, 10:57 PM
i doubt it would be diff, i cant imagine a Commo beating an GT-R34 :screwy:

astra_city
20th June 2004, 11:16 PM
that's excellent news :)
I wonder where in WA it is going to be built...another racing event I'll be able to go and watch!

jch75
21st June 2004, 10:09 AM
i doubt it would be diff, i cant imagine a Commo beating an GT-R34 :screwy:

That may be the case but at least its a bench mark to aim for. In Australia, the GT-R34 wouldn't even be in Procar GT Performance - it would be in Nations Cup (i think).

I still think it would be interesting to see how the procars go against the jap cars - it would be interesting viewing.

It's always dependant of the track - nothing would beat the Commo GTS if a track was full of straights and generous bends but on the tighter tracks, thats where u see cars like the RS32 Golf get on up (thats a mean little sucker)............... so obviously having generous tracks for all cars is vitally important across a racing season otherwise u are handing victory to one car or another.

Has anyone seen any car catch Peter Floyd in his GTS down a straight? He's normally blowing them away.

enj014
21st June 2004, 10:22 AM
Just to clarify a few points,

They are bringing out the JGTC 500 cars,
the last few years the 300 (like a class B, made up of Silvia's, MR2's) have been invited to the Bathurst 24hr but none have come to duel it out against Nations Cup Cars (Lambo's, Ferrari's, Monaro's etc).

The JGTC 500 car's (GTR's, Supra's, NSX) are comparitively (sp?) 15 sec's a lap quicker than the Supertaxi's around Queensland Raceway (according to Tyre testing done here last summer)

The JGTC car's are purpose built race car's,
much like the Supertaxi's
and no way resemble the Nation's Cup & GTP cars.

Anyway,
it would be great to see :D
if they do confirm the race, i'll definately book the plane flight across to Perth,
i want to see these cars in action.............

jch75
23rd June 2004, 09:49 PM
Anyone know of any decent JGTC sites? The official site isn't really for English eyes.

__Smudge__
24th June 2004, 07:59 AM
I've been watching the Jap touring season and think these guys need smaller/tighter tracks.............it is in danger of getting as boring as F1 !!