PDA

View Full Version : The Project

slyopel
24th October 2007, 02:29 PM
ok so i'm gonna need some feedback here. here is the project.
my ts 2003 is getting taken off the road for some serious work i just need some feedback from people i know. now i might/might not listen to feedback so don't get upset.
ok here goes.
first i'l be turbo charging my 1.8 lt engine pushing it to 140kw at the wheels.
2nd full custom leather interior in black with red stiching with opel logo improided into the leather in red.
3rd suspension will be upgraded to coilovers with airbags so i can adjust ride height from inside the car.
4th i haven't decided yet on wheel size but it's either 18's or 19's in anz ghost and finally a custom paint job to finish it i'l be doing the same colour white with an 80-90% purple pearl through it.
now this car will not be a street car it will be for show's and hopefully front cover's of magazines.
so all opions will be accepted but please don't try to change my mind coz it won't work.

rusole21
24th October 2007, 02:36 PM
wow quite a project. obviously wont ask the real question of why cos you have stated you just really wanna. good on ya.
1st. ya can either have coilovers or airbags. not both.
2nd. the turbo 1.8l has been done and it takes a crazy amount of work.
3rd. what about the gearbox and diff and clutch?
4th. why only 18s or 19s? go all out and put 20s on
5th. i hope you have lots of money.

btm
24th October 2007, 02:44 PM
i like the idea of the black leather with red stiching + logo - should looks tops!

and the rims... if you're doing this for the 'show car look'... then i'd be wacking a set of 20s on it too :)

good luck with it all!

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 02:49 PM
yeah for show you'd want 20's, and if you want the auto salon crowd to love it, they gotta be chrome..

with the turbo, are you just gonna whack on a turbo? run at say 7psi? or are you going to do internals also and get some serious pounds per square inch?

you gotta make everything in the engine bay shiny..

and throw LCD's at the car and where they land is where you mount them lol..

blueraven
24th October 2007, 02:51 PM
ok so i'm gonna need some feedback here.
ok here goes.
2nd full custom leather interior in black with red stiching with opel logo improided into the leather in red.
3rd suspension will be upgraded to coilovers with airbags so i can adjust ride height from inside the car.
4th i haven't decided yet on wheel size but it's either 18's or 19's in anz ghost and finally a custom paint job to finish it i'l be doing the same colour white with an 80-90% purple pearl through it.
now this car will not be a street car it will be for show's and hopefully front cover's of magazines.
so all opions will be accepted but please don't try to change my mind coz it won't work.

1: Cool, talk to tony/ Mr corsa, he has done this at great expense and will know alot about this process. Put aside 10k to do ti properly.

2: Sweet, mucho $$, but should look awesome.

3: You dont need coilovers with airbags, just the airbags. get a quality set, the cheaper ones fail within 10 000km and apparently are really crap for handling, the better quality ones handling should remain same as std if not better.

4: If its gonna be a show car it would have to be 19's or 20's, these will fit fit with a few small mods to the arches (your gonna be doing fukn heaps anyway cos of the airbags :) ) . Hope the paint colour turns out the way you like it. You should look at as many body mods as you can before you paint, like removing door handles removed and getting side skirts moulded in as well etc (hey this is gonna be a proper show car right??)

5: Front covers are hard to come by...but a feature might be possible.

No.1. thing for a show car to stand out is originality, so now you have covered the basics, i hope you have some big ideas for the originality :)

as for lcds...yeah i think oneightoo has seen what i have seen hahaha...

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 02:55 PM
for originality;

dont put in a ps2, ps3 or xbox, put in a C64 or air hockey table :D

btm
24th October 2007, 02:55 PM
how much are scissor doors? cause that would look the biz

poita
24th October 2007, 02:56 PM
oh be even more original, put in a microfisch reader from the library :)

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 02:59 PM
or a deep fryer in between the front seats..

scissor doors done properly, about 2-3k..

btm
24th October 2007, 03:25 PM
scissor doors done properly, about 2-3k..
if i was making a show car... i'd get this done

rusole21
24th October 2007, 03:46 PM
you might as well do it properly and convert it to all wheel drive or at least rwd. and have centre steering. ie maclaren f1.

we will hold you to this. no one is talking you out of it. i see easy 100k to be needed to be spent to make a cover car. unless you mean cover of your local newspaper. maybe

slyopel
24th October 2007, 03:55 PM
ok the engine and gearbox are staying original for the time been. the wheels i want only come in 18's 19's sissor doors don't suit a 4 door, as for suspensin theres a brand on the market of coilovers that rather then taking the wheel off and lowering it you can control it from the inside of the car. i'm just gonna wait and see i'm getting it done through auto image the guy i go is getting everything ready for me and the turbo kit i'm going through promaz

btm
24th October 2007, 03:59 PM
sissor doors don't suit a 4 door,
oh right, for some reason i thought you had an SXi

slyopel
24th October 2007, 04:02 PM
that's why i was asking about suicide doors i was gonna put them in the rear but i'm not gonna now. instead i'm shaving all door handles and replacing them with a button controled opening and a little button on the bottom of the window to open the doors coz by law there has to be a mechanical way to open the door otherwise it's un roadworthy.

slyopel
24th October 2007, 04:06 PM
this is what she looks like now.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/slyopel/DSC00098.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/slyopel/DSC00104.jpg

it's had a extra bit of audio work done but there will be heaps to go.

rusole21
24th October 2007, 04:21 PM
has anyone told you you dont get money back on show cars?

rusole21
24th October 2007, 04:22 PM
with those controllable coilovers. are they height controllable or damper controlled?

btm
24th October 2007, 04:23 PM
has anyone told you you dont get money back on show cars?

i'm sure he'd be well aware. i'm guessing its just a passion he's been wanting to do for a while :)

CNBLU
24th October 2007, 04:48 PM
thats quite a dream jo:cool:

you should just sell it and buy a turbo. save you alot of $$$ and head ****s.

also might make the project a little more realistic ;)

rusole21
24th October 2007, 04:54 PM
i'm sure he'd be well aware. i'm guessing its just a passion he's been wanting to do for a while :)
yeah be fun i recon!! great stuff. just wanted him to know. not tryin to tell him not to at all!

slyopel
24th October 2007, 04:55 PM
yeah i'm aware but it's a hobby i enjoy cars and working on them yeah it's a dream but i figured i only live once make the most of what time i got. so i am:)

Noir
24th October 2007, 05:01 PM
Still the best looking G I have seen. ;)

R3N
24th October 2007, 05:14 PM
with those controllable coilovers. are they height controllable or damper controlled?

I always thought the only "controllable" coilovers were damper adjustable from the inside and Tein make a set

rusole21
24th October 2007, 05:22 PM
I always thought the only "controllable" coilovers were damper adjustable from the inside and Tein make a set
as did i, hense the question.

skulless
24th October 2007, 06:29 PM
that is a very nice looking car there matey. i will keep that way if i were you. but as a passion. you are spot on :)

oneightoo
25th October 2007, 03:21 PM
that's why i was asking about suicide doors i was gonna put them in the rear but i'm not gonna now. instead i'm shaving all door handles and replacing them with a button controled opening and a little button on the bottom of the window to open the doors coz by law there has to be a mechanical way to open the door otherwise it's un roadworthy.

why dont you do this and still do the suicide doors?

if i was making a show car, i'd do suicide doors first before shaving, just a suggestion :)

R3N
25th October 2007, 03:34 PM
how's this for a suggestion:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/gullwing_1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/gullwing_3.jpg

btm
25th October 2007, 04:01 PM
holy shit... that's an astra!

NOS kit :D

JasonGilholme
25th October 2007, 04:25 PM
140 kw's from a turbo'd 1.8 litre??

You should be able to get more then that pretty easily. should be around the 180 ish mark really. (on 8 psi)

Make sure you do the calculations properly and find out how much flow you need in order to produce x amount of power before you buy your turbo.

mr corsa
25th October 2007, 07:53 PM
ok so i'm gonna need some feedback here. here is the project.
my ts 2003 is getting taken off the road for some serious work i just need some feedback from people i know. now i might/might not listen to feedback so don't get upset.
ok here goes.

you can do it :clap:

SKM_87
25th October 2007, 08:21 PM
go son go.............
don't follow a trend, make the car what you want it to be and most people will appriciate it. any one with sense anyway.

DirtyHarry
25th October 2007, 10:35 PM
if this is a show car, whats the point of putting a turbo on it if your not going to drive it?

Wraith
26th October 2007, 01:13 PM
go son go.............
don't follow a trend, make the car what you want it to be and most people will appriciate it. any one with sense anyway.

+1

What you've outlined sounds reasonable and achieveable, it's not that much of an over the top 'real headache' type project.....all the best with it, keep us all posted :)

Oh definitely go 20" wheels and ' if ' you can spare another 4k definitely get scissor doors, alot of people have done em now, but they look so cool, they won't go astray on any show car :)

Huhness
26th October 2007, 01:42 PM
how's this for a suggestion:

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Ekuekwei/gullwing_1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Ekuekwei/gullwing_3.jpg
My car does that if i want it to!

oneightoo
26th October 2007, 03:00 PM
it just needs a flux capacitor now..

slyopel
26th October 2007, 05:08 PM
i did think about sissor doors but coz i have a 4 door sedan it won't look right. i won't get suicide doors on the rear coz i'm gonna keep the car registered and drive it every now and again.

poita
27th October 2007, 12:53 PM
if your get em enginereed they are fine to have afaik

oneightoo
27th October 2007, 07:59 PM
get suicide scissor doors :D