PDA

View Full Version : 'Insp' on odometer

GreyRex
24th October 2007, 11:37 AM
Could somebody please tell me how i get rid of the Insp (Inspection) warning in my AH SRi-T when I turn the car on? I've already had the first 3000km service done and now that i've just ticked over 5000km it's now telling me I need another one. Ahh... the joys. I do not have time to get down to a dealer, so if someone knows how I can do it myself, that would be appreciated.

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 11:56 AM
take it back to holden..

they have to reset it when they plug you in for the service..

maloo97
24th October 2007, 12:02 PM
Matt is that the same as the Ts Too??

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 12:09 PM
same for all of them

maloo97
24th October 2007, 12:11 PM
Cheers Buddy.

nz-sri
24th October 2007, 12:17 PM
if you hold down the trip button , put your foot on the brake then turn on the ignition but not start the engine it will show insp on the dash keep the button pressed in and after 5 to 20 seconds it should reset it .

Info from UK forum but it worked on my AH Turbo :)

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 12:21 PM
lol thats like getting god mode :D

skulless
24th October 2007, 12:29 PM
i second that. now that's interesting

USC
24th October 2007, 12:30 PM
or stuffing up the ecu...

SIMid
24th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Could somebody please tell me how i get rid of the Insp (Inspection) warning in my AH SRi-T when I turn the car on? I've already had the first 3000km service done and now that i've just ticked over 5000km it's now telling me I need another one. Ahh... the joys. I do not have time to get down to a dealer, so if someone knows how I can do it myself, that would be appreciated.

*LOL* How ironic, mine came on this morning as I drove to the Doctor's. Mine's just ticked over 6000kms and has had 2 services already.

Miz, turn the ignition on, hold the trip button down till you see the InSp light flash. Keep holding it down and it'll then go blank and the trip mileage will come up. Release the button. No need to hold the foot brake on. And definately no need to take it to Holden. :rolleyes:

MrMac
24th October 2007, 12:41 PM
Just in relation to this when I turn my car on 'Insp' shows for a few secs does that mean the same as above?

In other words does my car need to be serviced now? It doesn't show when I am driving or anything just when I start the car for a few secs.

btm
24th October 2007, 12:46 PM
only shows for the first few seconds after starting her up

GreyRex
24th October 2007, 12:47 PM
*LOL* How ironic, mine came on this morning as I drove to the Doctor's. Mine's just ticked over 6000kms and has had 2 services already.

Miz, turn the ignition on, hold the trip button down till you see the InSp light flash. Keep holding it down and it'll then go blank and the trip mileage will come up. Release the button. No need to hold the foot brake on. And definately no need to take it to Holden. :rolleyes:

Sounds good mate. The trip button is the little black stick one sticking out near the speedo yeah, that you use to reset the odometer? Just making sure... cuz i don't have the net at home atm

MrMac
24th October 2007, 12:48 PM
only shows for the first few seconds after starting her up

So that means everything is ok at the moment?

CNBLU
24th October 2007, 01:03 PM
all you need to do ben is hold down the odometer button while you turn the ignition until the dash lights come on and hold the button for a further 5 secs. this should reset it. no need to take back to holden as the mechanics prob forgot.

btm
24th October 2007, 01:13 PM
So that means everything is ok at the moment?

mine is showing INSP at the moment, but that's cause its going in next month

i was only aware that it would show when/if an inspection was due - but obviously all the above posts contractict that. so clearly i've got no idea :D

Vectracious
24th October 2007, 01:15 PM
or stuffing up the ecu...

do you reckon it would be that easy?

Inspection light is just a service reminder - an engine management fault would show up as your engine management light coming on and staying on.....

R3N
24th October 2007, 03:42 PM
I'd like to add that some idiot dealers forget to reset the INSP light even after you'd had a service

btm
24th October 2007, 03:47 PM
I'd like to add that some idiot dealers forget to reset the INSP light even after you'd had a service

they have certainly done that to me in the past. but what (if anything) does it mean if it comes back on a few thousand k's after its service?

do you just ignore it and wait till your next scheduled one?

Vectracious
24th October 2007, 05:15 PM
but what (if anything) does it mean if it comes back on a few thousand k's after its service?
do you just ignore it and wait till your next scheduled one?

Had it been on before the service was done?

blueraven
24th October 2007, 07:08 PM
Just worked on mine, they forgot to reset it so its been there for 1500kms :D

btm
25th October 2007, 08:30 AM
Had it been on before the service was done?
yes it had. then a few months/thousand kms later, it came back...

GreyRex
25th October 2007, 10:17 AM
It's gone people. Thanks for your help:)

Vectracious
25th October 2007, 01:58 PM
yes it had. then a few months/thousand kms later, it came back...

thats really weird, its a time dependent thing - but maybe you can reset it for different intervals via Tech 2..... Fatfingeritis on the Tech2 controls maybe? :confused:

Tfer
25th October 2007, 02:49 PM
I am so glad someone posed this question here, as I am getting annoyed with having to always ask mechanically minded questions..... thank you all:)

Works on the Veccy C's as well :dance:

gmtech
25th October 2007, 07:41 PM
Hi guys.
Just for your information the "InSP" may come on the IPC for the following reasons on the AH Series:

InSP : VEHICLE DUE FOR SERVICE
InSP2 :BULB FAILURE
InSP3 :BATTERY IN RADIO REMOTE CONTROL IS LOW
InSP4 :WATER IN DIESEL FUEL FILTER

sooty
10th April 2008, 05:52 PM
Mine just did this same thing.
But i DID have to put my foot on the brake for it to work.
If i didn't, inSP didn't flash, after about 5 seconds it changed to some really weird set of numbers.... it think the bottom row was 005 117?
Something like that anyway, thought it might maybe be the ECN, but that wasn't what it said on the top line...
Curiouser and curiouser:confused: