PDA

View Full Version : GTR Official Unveiling

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

poita
24th October 2007, 09:41 AM
For all those ppl out there waiting for this, its almost here.
In approx 5 hrs from now the Tokyo motoshow will begin.
With as said, an offical unveiling of the new GTR.
This website is streaming live the unveiling!

http://www.gtrnissan.com/?Site=N09GTRE1007HAA460319&Area=03&Creative=19

Hopefully the ppl on here who are obsessed with the thing (ang :p)
will see this.

cheers peter

poita
24th October 2007, 09:49 AM
oh and for those that can embed html into posts, here is the script for the countdown timer

<iframe src="http://www.gtrnissan.com/tokyo.en.au.html" frameborder="0" height="190" width="460"></iframe>

USC
24th October 2007, 09:49 AM
why did you start another post?

Wraith
24th October 2007, 09:51 AM
Yep, thanks Poita, I'm onto it and I'm seeing it :)

leans back and does a Homer....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh :drool: :drool: :D

poita
24th October 2007, 10:00 AM
why did you start another post?

why not? :)

thought you'd be onto it ang :D
im just hopin that cause my net is capped to 60kbps it wont be too slow
could just go in and use works 20mbps+ :D:D

btm
24th October 2007, 10:05 AM
leans back and does a Homer....aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh :drool: :drool: :D
just keep your pants on and try not to drool too much :p

Wraith
24th October 2007, 10:13 AM
That's what I'm doing too since it will happen later on today, we're all at work :)

Got a couple of my collegues here who arn't familiar with the GT-R interested in this thing as well, one is in the market for an AMG CLK and another is considering a BMW 335i, both say they would now looks at this new GT-R after reading about it's performance capabilities and possible sub 100k price tag.... :)

Wraith
24th October 2007, 10:14 AM
just keep your pants on and try not to drool too much :p

LOL I'm at work, so I'm being descrete.......hand in the pocket instead LOL :D :D

USC
24th October 2007, 12:37 PM
lol!! looks awesome....wraith...I bet u had to go home to get changed a few times....hahahaha

poita
24th October 2007, 02:50 PM
3 mins to go!!!!!

Calibrated
24th October 2007, 02:56 PM
somethings ****ed with that counter...2 days to go...

poita
24th October 2007, 02:56 PM
oh wat the hell!!!!!!!!
the counter when it hit zero, started counting down from 2 days again!!!
wats goin on!!!

oneightoo
24th October 2007, 03:02 PM
it doesnt work for me either!!

damm you nissan!!

poita
24th October 2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.gtrnissan.com/index.en.au.html

bottom left
live webcast

poita
24th October 2007, 03:10 PM
one of the 'official' pics

http://www.gtrnissan.com/img/gallery/GT-R_01.Wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Calibrated
24th October 2007, 03:17 PM
i see ALOT of new EVO in that front bar.

sooty
24th October 2007, 03:39 PM
...they took the infinity G35....and just made it hideously ugly.
Great work nissan (*said with immense sarcasm*)

USC
24th October 2007, 04:03 PM
shuddup man...lolz....

sooty
24th October 2007, 04:59 PM
I'm sure it goes well lol
It just looks like it fell out of the ugly tree...
Got beaten with the ugly branch...
Then the entire tree fell on it...
And nobody could be bothered to repair it so they stuck it back together with PVA lol

CNBLU
24th October 2007, 05:04 PM
is it me or is that a copy of the 350Z?

rusole21
24th October 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm sure it goes well lol
It just looks like it fell out of the ugly tree...
Got beaten with the ugly branch...
Then the entire tree fell on it...
And nobody could be bothered to repair it so they stuck it back together with PVA lol
there is something wrong with you!!

sooty
24th October 2007, 07:08 PM
there is something wrong with you!!

Nah, i only got dropped on my head once as a baby.
The problem is with nissan's designers.
talk about looking like jap crap.
I'd take the r34 GTR over that horrible looking excuse for a car anyday

bornwild
24th October 2007, 08:43 PM
Brand new R32GTR in Black?......Yes Please :D:D:D

Brand new R35GTR in Silver??....Okey if no R32GTRs left :D:p

DirtyHarry
24th October 2007, 10:44 PM
i do agree. the car looks crap...but hey if all the hype is true, then the performance is still good.

DirtyHarry
24th October 2007, 10:48 PM
also for the price the are asking for they could have included ESP (electronic stability control / program)

bornwild
25th October 2007, 01:38 AM
Wheels magazine confirmed it will be around $160k in AUS.....too much for a tuned up Nissan.

btm
25th October 2007, 08:51 AM
pic from tokyo show... to me looks a bit strange in this pic....

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7278/0571827900lw9.jpg

Orion_996
25th October 2007, 10:07 AM
That is one ugly car, I'm sorry to say, but its true. Sure it will go hard though, but its not hard to make a decent skin.

oneightoo
25th October 2007, 10:09 AM
Brand new R32GTR in Black?......Yes Please :D:D:D

Brand new R35GTR in Silver??....Okey if no R32GTRs left :D:p

nahhhh

i'd take an R34 GT-R front, with and R33 GT-R rear, with the R32 GT-R performance in black thanks :D:D

this isnt called and R35 tho..

poita
25th October 2007, 11:50 PM
pic from tokyo show... to me looks a bit strange in this pic....

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7278/0571827900lw9.jpg

im not sure which is the ugliest, the car or the dude next to it!
must be a bad angle for em both!

sooty
26th October 2007, 10:46 AM
See....there's nothing wrong with me lol
It's a general consensus....the car looks crap lol

oneightoo
26th October 2007, 10:47 AM
agree, the car is fugly, but **** i'd have one :D

Wraith
26th October 2007, 12:29 PM
I still think it looks f#*#*#* AWESOME and I'm sure countless others around the globe would agree ;)

It all depends on the angle you view it from I think, even the engine bay looks fantastic, no doubt in real life it'll look even better and have a very strong presence about it :)

The interior is not too bad either, feature packed and lots of leather trim :)

Then there's the mind blowing performance/handling, all at a cost far lower than anything else which comes even close to matching it..what a machine :)

Boy I wish I could have one of these........:drool:

Check out ALL the pics on this link :)

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-nissan-gt-r-live-reveal/454772/

Here are some of my fav....enjoy :)

http://i22.tinypic.com/a3mixk.jpg

http://i22.tinypic.com/2l8gtmw.jpg

http://i24.tinypic.com/9glcih.jpg

http://i22.tinypic.com/11vtsa0.jpg

http://i24.tinypic.com/10clw5y.jpg

http://i20.tinypic.com/2ex3re1.jpg

http://i23.tinypic.com/20fxenq.jpg

http://i22.tinypic.com/v75pn4.jpg

http://i22.tinypic.com/317fl1w.jpg

http://i21.tinypic.com/2qnurlu.jpg

MatsHolden
26th October 2007, 12:47 PM
Yeh it's best angle is definately the rear 3/4 view.

Wraith
26th October 2007, 12:52 PM
Yeh it's best angle is definately the rear 3/4 view.

Yes, I totally agree....

It's exactly the same for the Calibra IMO as well :)

Maybe that's why I like it soooooo much :)

MatsHolden
26th October 2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, I totally agree....

It's exactly the same for the Calibra IMO as well :)

Maybe that's why I like it soooooo much :)

That's funny, was gong to make the exact same comment. It's the same with the modern day Monaro.

I can't see why people see it as an ugly car (GTR).

MatsHolden
26th October 2007, 12:58 PM
its not hard to make a decent skin.

lol nah it's extremely easy, anyone can do it. :rolleyes:

Wraith
26th October 2007, 01:00 PM
That's funny, was gong to make the exact same comment. It's the same with the modern day Monaro.

I can't see why people see it as an ugly car (GTR).

Me too :confused: maybe they havn't looked at all the shots/angles, as those headline 'front on' pics arn't the best by far...

But as always, each to their own when it come to car aesthetics, for me, all this GT-R could use is a slightly improved lower front bar lip with a nice set of fog lights built in :)

bornwild
26th October 2007, 11:34 PM
im not sure which is the ugliest, the car or the dude next to it!
must be a bad angle for em both!

wbabahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhaha hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahh ahhahahhahahhahahahahaahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhaa hahahhhahahahah:D

bornwild
26th October 2007, 11:35 PM
agree, the car is fugly, but **** i'd have one :D

Signed, BornWild

DirtyHarry
27th October 2007, 12:30 AM
is it me or does it look like the car still uses the old "mechanical" power steering, and not like an electronic one which the astra's have

d.c.
27th October 2007, 10:16 AM
I don't think its an ugly car either, it's not a classic like a 911 or pretty like a Aston but it sure looks like it means business, and if you just bought a M3 and saw that front grill in your rear view it would look down right scary.

tuzinski
27th October 2007, 10:55 AM
mmm yukky.
dont like it
give me a R34 front R32 back

looks to plastic like, and cheap.

imay
27th October 2007, 12:35 PM
looks to plastic like, and cheap.

And every other car on the market doesn't????

I'm with you Ang . . . I think I need a Bex and a good lay down after checking out those pix!

imay
27th October 2007, 12:40 PM
I don't think its an ugly car either, it's not a classic like a 911 or pretty like a Aston but it sure looks like it means business, and if you just bought a M3 and saw that front grill in your rear view it would look down right scary.

Another comment that comes up trumps! Couldn't have put it better myself. Also, from all reports, the GTR will have something that most other "supercars" simply don't have . . . . everyday driveability!

oneightoo
27th October 2007, 08:07 PM
must of been just that first pic that was bad, cos those ones you posted ang are hawt..

opinion = changed

bornwild
27th October 2007, 08:39 PM
Another comment that comes up trumps! Couldn't have put it better myself. Also, from all reports, the GTR will have something that most other "supercars" simply don't have . . . . everyday driveability!

That's what Lamborghini says....and Porsche.......and Lotus and Merc and Bugatti and Aston Martin. :D

bornwild
27th October 2007, 08:40 PM
It's not exactly an ugly car...it's just uninspiring. Gotta see it in real life to decide whether it's pretty or ugly.

I'm putting my hopes on Ang to come past with it one day for me to suss it out. :D

xplosv57
28th October 2007, 01:41 PM
All i can say is AUTO ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke, put my clutch pedal back in!!!

Engine bay looks nice, i'm glad it has mechanical steering, has much more 'feel' unlike electric steering, plus in an event of a flat battery, you can still steer the damn thing!!!

I'm still a bit unsure on the looks, some angles are HOT others are EWWW, but with those performance figures, who cares!!!

SaInT
28th October 2007, 02:28 PM
wha, auto only? there goes the drifting :)

bornwild
28th October 2007, 02:32 PM
wha, auto only? there goes the drifting :)

Why?? It's a Dual-Clutch box...

aza28
28th October 2007, 02:50 PM
In a different colour, like black, i think it'll look a lot better. From pics of the interior though, its a vast improvement on previous model GT-Rs, very nice.

bornwild
28th October 2007, 02:55 PM
The interior looks like a Humvee...aka....crap :D

R3N
28th October 2007, 03:20 PM
Ugly or not, its a marvel of mechanical engineering, something the europeans would be envious of. Maybe the interior looks like a little too much plastic was used, but when you're on the track, all of that hardly matters. This isn't the car for people who aren't serious about performance.

I still think it has the aggressive looks to match its performance! At the end of the day, this car is built for one purpose... to be driven hard.

xplosv57
28th October 2007, 03:21 PM
Yet you'd think if it was a serious performance car you'd have at least a manual option!!

bornwild
28th October 2007, 03:43 PM
Yet you'd think if it was a serious performance car you'd have at least a manual option!!

Nah it needs a fair bit of aftermarket work to make it a serious performance car....for example the suspension is archaic......I mean even HSV have magnetic ride control.(for those with no clue about anything; this is standard in most 'supercars' as of late due to amount and speed of adjustability...R3N was the inspiration for this, Thanks R3N)

And seriously, the argument here that this car is the best bang for buck.....for $160k est. in AU; the HSV's offer much more bang for buck. You get a 6.0l V8 which can, with a simple supercharger bolt-on, put the GTR into abyss. :D(again, thanks to R3N....Referring to straight-line speed.....didn't think I'd have to mention it but yeah.....)

nadg63
28th October 2007, 04:28 PM
Trying to convince a friend of mine to buy one when they become available - then I can piss-off my SRiT and the Subaru and buy his tweaked R34-GTR VSpec off of him - sweet!

R3N
28th October 2007, 04:48 PM
Nah it needs a fair bit of aftermarket work to make it a serious performance car....for example the suspension is archaic......I mean even HSV have magnetic ride.

And seriously, the argument here that this car is the best bang for buck.....for $160k est. in AU; the HSV's offer much more bang for buck. You get a 6.0l V8 which can, with a simple supercharger bolt-on, put the GTR into abyss. :D

obviously you're referring to straight line acceleration because the GTR would absolutely rape the HSV around a track

R3N
28th October 2007, 05:17 PM
Nah it needs a fair bit of aftermarket work to make it a serious performance car....for example the suspension is archaic......I mean even HSV have magnetic ride.

you're an idiot... seriously

Lap time of 7:38 around the Nordschleife puts it faster than alot of the supercars out there, even beats the 997 GT3 RS. Honestly, get a clue and stop posting when you obviously know nothing at all, alot of us are getting tired of it already.

Apex
28th October 2007, 06:05 PM
It looks like a Nissan Skyline GTR. It looks Japanese. Mission accomplished. The skyline has always been about function over form. I remember the R32 GTR coming out when I was a kid and thinking fark that thing is ugly give me a and 300ZX any day, many years later I wouldn’t give the 300ZX a second glance but will smile ear to ear when I see a GTR blast past.

bornwild
28th October 2007, 06:17 PM
you're an idiot... seriously

Lap time of 7:38 around the Nordschleife puts it faster than alot of the supercars out there, even beats the 997 GT3 RS. Honestly, get a clue and stop posting when you obviously know nothing at all, alot of us are getting tired of it already.

Mate I'm getting tired of your shit. I have a right to an opinion.

As for the lap time, the GTR is 1s quicker than the GT3 not the RS flavour. And a big lawl if I may at I have no clue. lawl :D

ps. I do realise a few dickheads around have a problem with my opinions so much that they decide to insult me, but hey that's your problem; I'm not the one who starts insultin anyone :)

pps. "get a clue" bwahahahahha :D GOLD!

bornwild
28th October 2007, 06:23 PM
obviously you're referring to straight line acceleration because the GTR would absolutely rape the HSV around a track

No shit....

MatsHolden
28th October 2007, 06:25 PM
ps. I do realise a few dickheads around have a problem with my opinions, but hey that's your problem; I ain't insultin anyone :)

Read what you just wrote...

bornwild
28th October 2007, 06:26 PM
Read what you just wrote...

Yes...ok, changed

R3N
28th October 2007, 10:23 PM
As for the lap time, the GTR is 1s quicker than the GT3 not the RS flavour. And a big lawl if I may at I have no clue. lawl :D

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87kn.jpg

If the GT3 manages a time of 7:48, 7:42 at best, I'd doubt the RS could shave 10 seconds off the GT3's time, 5 is doable but still... you're comparing a car that's 1/3(?) of the value that would give you similar performance

like i said... get a clue

d.c.
29th October 2007, 05:23 PM
As good as this car will be in standard form I can't wait to see what some of the Japanese and American tuning houses will create using this as a base.

How long do you think it will be until we see 1000HP versions getting around?

xplosv57
29th October 2007, 05:24 PM
I'll give it a week.........

Wraith
29th October 2007, 09:33 PM
I think all of us can't deny that this is one hell of a car whether you like it or not.......

At the Tokyo launch, it was the most anticipated car and it out shined everything else by miles, including the new Evo and Sti.

Bornwild in terms of bang for buck, this is an 11sec machine straight off the showroom floor, with 1st rate handling built in and I've read it has lots of tunabilty left to play with - fantastic, as always with hi-po Jap cars, the figures on paper are at the conservative end :)

There are only a handful of other cars you could buy that have that kind of performance and handling stock standard and they all cost 2,3 or 4 times as much, that's what it will be realistically compared to.

As Ian has already mentioned, despite its performance prowess, it is also a genuinely everyday driveable car.

To this end, it may have been one of the governing factors to fit it with an 'automated manual' only instead of offering a traditional clutch and stick shift manual, I certainly have no probs with that, as it does not affect its performance and DSG or SST type transmissions are becoming more common and will probably one day totally replace old school manuals....

If you were to buy a future HSV VE Coupe (which will no doubt be at or over 100k for the top HSV model) and add aftermarket forced induction to make it capable of 11sec it will not be as good a comparison, cost wise anymore, nor will it ever match the tractability and handling of the GT-R no matter how much money you pour into it and if something goes wrong, your on your own, as the warranty will be long voided.....

In my eyes I truly see this new GT-R as a complete package, super performance, handling, looks, kit, driveability etc. etc. you could buy one and just leave it alone, it already has everything, although I doubt owners will leave the engine alone :D and it's price although still too much for most of us, does put it in reach of much more people than similar performance Porshes or Ferraris :)

Can't wait to see this car in the metal, personally I think that it'll look even better in pearl white or red duco, compared to the grey on the car pictured here :)

bornwild
29th October 2007, 09:55 PM
Wraith I agree with ya mate. :) I love the GT-R's specs. I just like to have a different opinion for the sake of discussion :D

Anyhow, Ang...what happened to the 3 different flavours of the GT-R?:confused:

bornwild
29th October 2007, 10:00 PM
http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87kn.jpg

If the GT3 manages a time of 7:48, 7:42 at best, I'd doubt the RS could shave 10 seconds off the GT3's time, 5 is doable but still... you're comparing a car that's 1/3(?) of the value that would give you similar performance

like i said... get a clue

GT3-RS is a very different car to GT3...laps Nordschleife about 12s quicker(AutoBild, 2007) than the GT3. And is about $300k...but yeah

Anyhow....we were talking about pure performance cars, GT3 RS is the best you can get for the money. The GT-R is a cruiser with very sporty capabilities :) but not a true performance car.

Wraith
29th October 2007, 10:21 PM
Wraith I agree with ya mate. :) I love the GT-R's specs. I just like to have a different opinion for the sake of discussion :D

Anyhow, Ang...what happened to the 3 different flavours of the GT-R?:confused:

No probs, opinions are good and we all have them, that's what makes us individual :)

As for the 3 different flavours, I assume your talking about the 3 model specs ??

As far as I know there will be 2 road going versions and an 'evo' spec. (can't see Mitsubishi being happy about that title on a Nissan GT-R) which will be a stripped out lighter weight more powerful version mainly for track work :)

bornwild
29th October 2007, 10:24 PM
No probs, opinions are good and we all have them, that's what makes us individual :)

As for the 3 different flavours, I assume your talking about the 3 model specs ??

As far as I know there will be 2 road going versions and an 'evo' spec. (can't see Mitsubishi being happy about that title on a Nissan GT-R) which will be a stripped out lighter weight more powerful version mainly for track work :)

Yeah that's the ones that I meant....so they will be going ahead?? In the press release I saw no mention of them(just skimmed through it). Wouldn't mind getting some sneak peaks of the Evo version. :)

bornwild
29th October 2007, 10:25 PM
How long do you think it will be until we see 1000HP versions getting around?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one is being engineered as we speak. :)

Wraith
29th October 2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah that's the ones that I meant....so they will be going ahead?? In the press release I saw no mention of them(just skimmed through it). Wouldn't mind getting some sneak peaks of the Evo version. :)

The 2 road going versions will be available to the JDM market as soon as it goes on sale there.

From speculation I've read ADM will get only the one version, it will have same or similar specs to the one pictured here.

The 'evo' spec. variant is meant to be a small numbers only/custom order build vehicle similar to say a BMW M3 CSL.

poita
29th October 2007, 10:42 PM
Evo spec, built to go straight to Top Secret to have its nuts tuned to the max.
they will have a 1200+ version of it easily i reckon!

R3N
30th October 2007, 02:40 AM

Didn't think they were happy when direct competitors used the 'evo' title too *cough*Subaru*cough*

Wraith
30th October 2007, 01:34 PM
Evo spec, built to go straight to Top Secret to have its nuts tuned to the max.
they will have a 1200+ version of it easily i reckon!

That would be something, as we can get a hold of most of that Japanese tuners offerings here in Aust. :)

However more realistically power would probably max out at 570-600kw for the 3.8ltr V6 unit, unless they start using stroker and or larger bore to increase capacity like some of the Cosworth hardware going around for the Evos.

Wraith
30th October 2007, 01:36 PM
Didn't think they were happy when direct competitors used the 'evo' title too *cough*Subaru*cough*

haha yeh, they either do it to irritate each other or just because the word "evo" sounds so cool they have to use it LOL :D

btm
30th October 2007, 01:38 PM
always wondered why the WRX's had that on the side. ie evo spec 2, 3, 4 etc

Wraith
30th October 2007, 01:48 PM
always wondered why the WRX's had that on the side. ie evo spec 2, 3, 4 etc

Maybe to tell everybody that they too are "evolving" just like the Mitsu' LOL :)

Apex
30th October 2007, 04:58 PM
That would be something, as we can get a hold of most of that Japanese tuners offerings here in Aust. :)

However more realistically power would probably max out at 570-600kw for the 3.8ltr V6 unit, unless they start using stroker and or larger bore to increase capacity like some of the Cosworth hardware going around for the Evos.

I would say you would need to fork out some serious coin (40-50k) to get those figures, the VQ series engines are nowhere near as tuneable as the RB’s, keep in mind there are 750kw (RB) GTR;s around running under 3000cc!!
Cant wait to see this beast! I bet the likes of HKS/Trust etc have had one for a few months already, it amazes me how fast parts become available for JDM cars!

Wraith
30th October 2007, 05:10 PM
Yes, that's true TTETT, I've seen and read up on one of those, just happens to be one of the fastest/quickest cars in Aust. BUT at that power rating it is strictly a turn on - race - turn off motor !!!

It has no streetable driveability at all and needs to have alot of it replaced/rebuilt after every run and runs on a special fuel blend.......

There's no doubt the new GT-R's engine will easily do over 400kw with a little tuning (this is the figure for the 'evo' variant) and still maintain it's driveability...if I had one, that'd be plenty for me, it's already scary enough :)

SIMid
30th October 2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7ZiAnQxZI

MatsHolden
30th October 2007, 08:29 PM
Yeh, top sounding engine.

Shaun
30th October 2007, 11:32 PM
Sales Manager @ work got back from the Tokyo Motorshow today. (well back to work today) and brought in a Nissan Motorshow Booklet. They had a cutt away of the GT-R and the transmission and transfer case is located @ the rear of the car. He said its an AMAZING motorshow.

MatsHolden
30th October 2007, 11:51 PM
Sales Manager @ work got back from the Tokyo Motorshow today. (well back to work today) and brought in a Nissan Motorshow Booklet. They had a cutt away of the GT-R and the transmission and transfer case is located @ the rear of the car. He said its an AMAZING motorshow.

Yeh they talk about the location of the transmission in that clip posted up. Impressive car. Although not a huge fan of the user interface for adjusting setup. You'd get tired of that fairly quickly.

Wraith
31st October 2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7ZiAnQxZI

Good clip Simon, thanks for that one :)

R3N
31st October 2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrgt5001.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrracecar2.jpg

:D

btm
31st October 2007, 03:55 PM
that looks awesome!

bornwild
31st October 2007, 04:08 PM
Here's to praying there's gonna be a homologation run series of a few of those SGT cars :D

Wraith
31st October 2007, 04:10 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH :drool: :drool: THAT'S SO F#*#*#* HOT...

Damn you R3N as if I don't blow my pants enough with this car......now I've exploded them right off :D :D :D

How can some people still think this new monster ain't HOT..... :)

Back to droooooling aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh........ ......

R3N
31st October 2007, 06:25 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH :drool: :drool: THAT'S SO F#*#*#* HOT...

Damn you R3N as if I don't blow my pants enough with this car......now I've exploded them right off :D :D :D

How can some people still think this new monster ain't HOT..... :)

Back to droooooling aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh........ ......

change pants cos its time for mmm... CF goodness

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/10/gtrracecar1.jpg

oneightoo
31st October 2007, 06:26 PM
thats a lot of bonnet vents :D

sooty
31st October 2007, 06:28 PM
The front end still resembles what my cat throws up....

oneightoo
31st October 2007, 06:30 PM
you have a very large cat..

sooty
31st October 2007, 06:33 PM
...with very ugly vomit....

poita
31st October 2007, 07:18 PM
it aint even on the roads yet and they have race version of it already!
ffs

Wraith
1st November 2007, 08:34 AM
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Apex
1st November 2007, 11:08 AM
How cool would it be to see that at the 09 Bathurst 1000.

btm
1st November 2007, 11:36 AM
How cool would it be to see that at the 09 Bathurst 1000.

what about 08?

Apex
1st November 2007, 12:33 PM
what about 08?

Or 08.
Bring back a world touring car series I say! DTM, JTTC..

Wraith
1st November 2007, 01:26 PM
I think it's fair to say that thing would wipe out every other car there....

I'd love to see some specs on that machine, wonder what kind of power it's pumping and what changes to the driveline and other hardware it has....

btm
1st November 2007, 01:27 PM
I think it's fair to say that thing would wipe out every other car there....
nah nah, not my cuz' fully sik VL turbo bro :p

Wraith
1st November 2007, 01:32 PM
nah nah, not my cuz' fully sik VL turbo bro :p

hahahahaha LOL :D he dosn't live in Melb. and hang around Taylors Lakes does he ??

Plenty around there ;)

btm
1st November 2007, 01:40 PM
hahahahaha LOL :D he dosn't live in Melb. and hang around Taylors Lakes does he ??

Plenty around there ;)

nah, bankstown cuz :D

Wraith
1st November 2007, 04:35 PM
LOL, how ironic, I actually have a 1st 'cuz' who lives in Bankstown NSW :D

BOT I really wanted one of these new GT-R's from ages ago, now that it's been fully revealed and I've heard the engine bark, I want one even more........

Some V6's have been known to sound good, even my Calibras V6 sounds not bad, but that GT-R's engine note sounds fantastic, almost like a V8 :eek:

Oh well back to blowing my pants :D

bornwild
1st November 2007, 07:55 PM
If one of those SuperGT GTRs costs around the $500k mark then I'm all for it being in the V8 supercars :)

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 09:35 AM
If one of those SuperGT GTRs costs around the $500k mark then I'm all for it being in the V8 supercars :)

It'll never be allowed, the AWD advantage is overwhelming, especially in the start of the race.....remember what happened when Skaife was driving the old R32 in the comp, they eventually got banned...

nadg63
2nd November 2007, 01:18 PM
It'll never be allowed, the AWD advantage is overwhelming, especially in the start of the race.....remember what happened when Skaife was driving the old R32 in the comp, they eventually got banned...

Yep, the V8 way, if your ancient technology cannot beat them then BAN them! GTR's, Cossies etc.

oneightoo
2nd November 2007, 02:05 PM
briong back the ford sierra!

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:08 PM
briong back the ford sierra!

there is one of those in oyster bay that i see all the time... i dont mind them

oneightoo
2nd November 2007, 02:12 PM
there is one of those in oyster bay that i see all the time... i dont mind them

its a good looking car for its time..

http://www.delest.nl/media/img/DCP_6143.JPG

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:16 PM
indeed it is/was

oneightoo
2nd November 2007, 02:19 PM
the RS500 is the one you want tho..

nadg63
2nd November 2007, 02:22 PM
its a good looking car for its time..

http://www.delest.nl/media/img/DCP_6143.JPG
But not that one!

nadg63
2nd November 2007, 02:25 PM
the RS500 is the one you want tho..

Friend had one of those new back in the UK, (the RS500 ran twin injectors per cylinder over the regular models single per cyl, along with a few other goodies)

As it was his occasional 'weekend' toy, he had his tweaked to not much less than what the Brit touring car versions were running - laggiest/scariest thing I've ever been in, NO electronics to keep things under control back then!

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 02:26 PM
Yep, the V8 way, if your ancient technology cannot beat them then BAN them! GTR's, Cossies etc.

It wasn't so much a question of technology, current V8 supercar engines are extremely advanced, producing nearly 120kw/ltr from N/A at 6,500-7,000revs is no easy feat and tyre technologies and everything else associated with them is well and truly up there :)

It was more a case to do with additional hardware such as AWD.....giving too much of an advantage at the start of the race, that's where it's won or lost alot of the time.....

If the V8 supercars incorporated AWD, they would be absolutely awesome, once again especially at the start of the race, as if you can get in front and stay there, you've got it won.....

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:29 PM
If the V8 supercars incorporated AWD, they would be absolutely awesome, once again especially at the start of the race, as if you can get in front and stay there, you've got it won.....

but now where is the fun in that for the viewers... we want carnage! :D

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 02:33 PM
but now where is the fun in that for the viewers... we want carnage! :D

hahaha LOL :D don't worry, there would still be carnage, as they would all still be keeping up with each other, just moving off from take off at a more rapid pace due to far better traction :)

bornwild
2nd November 2007, 02:35 PM

Not only that. That JGTC Skyline costs about $1.5mil at least.

bornwild
2nd November 2007, 02:36 PM
That Cosworth Sierra is a car I want Ford to rebuild.....SHITLOADS POWER!!! :D

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:36 PM
Not only that. That JGTC Skyline costs about $1.5mil at least.
what? how?

bornwild
2nd November 2007, 02:42 PM
what? how?

Cause' the level of engineering is very close to the DTM cars....and those cost a shitload of money!

You realise that that JGTC skyline has nothing in common with the road-going version.....maybe the headlights and tail-lights?!(all an educated guess, don't take me word for it)

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 02:49 PM
A 'typical' V8 supercar these days costs between 5-600k - 150-160k on average for the engine alone.

Not sure of the costs of the average DTM type car......??

btm
2nd November 2007, 02:49 PM
i understand that it would cost a shit load... but $1.5m??

nadg63
2nd November 2007, 02:57 PM
It wasn't so much a question of technology, current V8 supercar engines are extremely advanced, producing nearly 120kw/ltr from N/A at 6,500-7,000revs is no easy feat and tyre technologies and everything else associated with them is well and truly up there :)

It was more a case to do with additional hardware such as AWD.....giving too much of an advantage at the start of the race, that's where it's won or lost alot of the time.....

S'funny, I don't remember proper Cossies ever having AWD (talking hatch not saloon) ................ just big turbos and only 2ltrs!!!!!!

Wraith
2nd November 2007, 03:06 PM
S'funny, I don't remember proper Cossies ever having AWD (talking hatch not saloon) ................ just big turbos and only 2ltrs!!!!!!

Yeh, sorry, still concentrating on the AWD of the Skylines......

Those things did well because of a far better power/weight ratio and better handling - it was a bit silly though as they and the bigger V8's were 2 completely different classes of car :)

bornwild
2nd November 2007, 03:11 PM
The DTM cars are about $1.5mil. Remember that Opel Astra Extreme Concept car?!...the cost of that was about $1.5mil hence my assumption that a proper DTM car would cost about the same....since the concept was a DTM astra...:D

Don't think the JGTC cars are all that much behind in terms of cost of development and manufacturing since both the series make space-frame chassis and use carbon-fibre all over the cars....and the engines are highly tuned race-bred engines not available in stock format. :)

oneightoo
2nd November 2007, 04:08 PM
prolly costs so much cos they have to engineer the dam thing from scratch..

Wraith
4th November 2007, 10:05 PM
Anyone check out the GT-R article in the latest Wheels Mag ??

Looks like it's official designation is R35 GTR !

They rate it as the most anticipated car of 2007 - above ALL others Worldwide :eek:

Looks like this car is definitely packed to rock - 348kw 588nm base model....:D

Can't wait for some Aussie test drives and reviews and forthcoming uprated models with even more power and performance :)

Wraith
8th November 2007, 01:04 PM
From the Tokyo motor show, awsome cut-away detail of the new GT-R...

http://i2.tinypic.com/6yldwzr.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/868ktog.jpg

rjastra
15th November 2007, 12:45 PM
Official US pricing for GTR... base model = USD69K

Bad news... base model 911 is USD72K. Probably gives some idea of the pricing for here

Wraith
15th November 2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, it's always the case......our ADM prices are nearly always x2 what USDM prices are, so we'd be looking at 130-140k min. I reckon :(

BTW that USDM 911 price, is that the twin turbo ???

Base model of that thing here in Aust. is about 360k I think ???

No way the GT-R will be priced anywhere near that in Aust. !

btm
15th November 2007, 01:02 PM
$360K is an insane amount of money for a GTR...

Wraith
15th November 2007, 01:17 PM
Don't worry, that'll never happen....I'm confident it'll be at about 160k max. and probably 170-180k max. for the future V-Spec and Evo models :)

BTW IMHO 360k is an insane amount of money for a Porker - any Porker !!!!

rjastra
15th November 2007, 01:21 PM
A base model 911 is AUD200K.

So you would think about AUD170-180K for the GTR.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 01:26 PM
A base model 911 is AUD200K.

So you would think about AUD170-180K for the GTR.

Is that the twin turbo 911 though ??? that's what the GT-R uses as a performance bench mark - and kicks it's Gerry butt :D

A work collegue of mine here has a Porker 911 non turbo and it's worth 246k without onroads :eek:

The turbo base model must cost way more than that....???

Nissan have stated that you can have twin turbo 911 beating performance at half the price ;)

btm
15th November 2007, 01:27 PM
Don't worry, that'll never happen....I'm confident it'll be at about 160k max. and probably 170-180k max. for the future V-Spec and Evo models :)

what a new 911 GT2 worth these days? $320K-ish??

if i had the cash to splurge around, it would be in my top 5

bornwild
15th November 2007, 01:27 PM

Not for a Porker...for a Nissan it is....but for a Porker..nahhh:)

With a Porker you buy, not just a car...but a piece of motoring history and engineering brilliance. I know that if I had that kind of money I'd spend it on a Porker over any other car in the world.

rjastra
15th November 2007, 01:36 PM
As for prices of Porsches... there is a nifty device called the Internet - lol

As for performance etc... A Porsche badge has a lot more pull (take that as you wish ::) than a Datsun, i mean Nissan, badge :)

In the end who will buy the GTR? Probably not the same sort of person that buys a POrsche (or hi end BMW/Merc etc).

I think Porsche have the upperhand with the new 911 GT2. Think more power than the standard 911 Turbo and less weight. It will probably make the GTR look like a luxo barge in comparison ;)

bornwild
15th November 2007, 01:39 PM
In the end who will buy the GTR? Probably not the same sort of person that buys a POrsche (or hi end BMW/Merc etc).

Exactly right! :)

Nissan is more for the working class people. Porka and the other premium German brands are for...well, the sophisticated and educated individual.

Wraith
15th November 2007, 01:42 PM
Not for a Porker...for a Nissan it is....but for a Porker..nahhh:)

With a Porker you buy, not just a car...but a piece of motoring history and engineering brilliance. I know that if I had that kind of money I'd spend it on a Porker over any other car in the world.

Just looked it up................wait for it

327k minus onroads :eek: for the Porker 911 twin turbo, as I said before truly ridiculous amount of money for a Porker........

I've closely inspected my workmates 240k+ 911 - let me tell you in a very unbiased assessment, overall it's nothing special, all the rest of us in here can't believe he spent that amount of money on that thing, it dosn't look or feel or go like it's worth anywhere near that much !!!

The Nissan GT-R will be anywhere from 130-180k considering overall what it offers, it's not unreasonable, comparatively speaking and your also getting a very high degree of engineering brilliance, the only thing your not getting is badge/brand rip off factor, we all know that's the way it goes with Euro exotics here in Aust ;)

If iI had the money I'd get the GT-R and another 2 cars or if I didn't already have one a house with the change :)

bornwild
15th November 2007, 01:47 PM
I agree, the Nissan is excellent value for money. Question is how long it will last to be thrashed without a complete rebuild of the engine or the box? The porka will last you well....judging by the past models, it will last forever. :)

Another thing to consider here is purely your status :). You're not gonna show up to a gala dinner with CEO's and CFO's and other varios high-end managers in a Nissan! Get what I mean?

You can't compare Nissan and Porsche, they're not made for the same purpose. :)

btm
15th November 2007, 01:50 PM
they are made for the same purspose... just not the same type of person

bornwild
15th November 2007, 01:53 PM
they are made for the same purspose... just not the same type of person

Well, yeah...that's what I meant :p

Wraith
15th November 2007, 01:57 PM
I agree, the Nissan is excellent value for money. Question is how long it will last to be thrashed without a complete rebuild of the engine or the box? The porka will last you well....judging by the past models, it will last forever. :)

Another thing to consider here is purely your status :). You're not gonna show up to a gala dinner with CEO's and CFO's and other varios high-end managers in a Nissan! Get what I mean?

I guarantee you, the GT-R would impress and be as disirable to many just like the Porker.... ;)

Also as I'm sure most of us know previous GTR models have been bullet proof mechanically speaking, so they too will last forever LOL :D

BTW I forgot to mention before, that same 911 twin turbo instantly devalues a min. of 60k to 267k as soon as you drive it off the showroom floor :eek: so it would seem it's 'exotic' name brand or whatever else dosn't help it from suffering the same losses of your typical poor mans brands, in short if you have shit loads of money to throw away and want the brand brag factor, get a Porker, no education required ;)

Info on pricing here:

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au/news/research/car-values/search-results.do?make=PORSCHE&model=911&year=2007&descriptions=997+MY07+Coupe+2dr+Turbo+AWD+Man+6sp+ 4WD+3.6TT

bornwild
15th November 2007, 02:01 PM
I guarantee you, the GT-R would impress and be as disirable to many just like the Porker.... ;)

Also as I'm sure most of us know previous GTR models have been bullet proof mechanically speaking, so they too will last forever LOL :D

BTW I forgot to mention before, that same 911 twin turbo instantly devalues a min. of 60k to 267k as soon as you drive it off the showroom floor :eek: so it would seem it's 'exotic' name brand or whatever else dosn't help it from suffering the same losses of your typical poor mans brands, in short if you have shit loads of money to throw away and want the brand brag factor, get a Porker, no education required ;)

Info on pricing here:

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au/news/research/car-values/search-results.do?make=PORSCHE&model=911&year=2007&descriptions=997+MY07+Coupe+2dr+Turbo+AWD+Man+6sp+ 4WD+3.6TT

hehehehehhe if only everything was that simple!!!! :)

And I assure you that Princ Sheik Abdul Aziz Al Saud won't go 'ohh look...Nissan released a new GTR' :p:p:p

However, I agree with you. Nissan is more bang for buck...if it's only the bang you're after. But then again, why would you get the GTR when you can just as well get a Mitsu Evo or Subbie STi...they're less than half price of the Nissan and can, with a bit of tuning, get a lot better performance!! :D And that GTR is bound to be priced at 160k+ even touching the 200k limit. :)

Evo and STi all the way!!! :D

btm
15th November 2007, 02:05 PM
at least with a GTR every man and his dog wont have one

wraith, any idea on numbers for Oz yet?

bornwild
15th November 2007, 02:09 PM

nor will I.....judging by my paycheck :(

btm
15th November 2007, 02:21 PM
nor will I.....judging by my paycheck :(

touche! :)

Wraith
15th November 2007, 02:24 PM

That is another very good point, being a car enthusiast, for me one of the most important things I want for a car I consider to be my pride n joy is uniqueness, the GT-R will certainly be that ;)

I've got no ideas for ADM numbers or pricing yet, the only thing I know of with some certainty is that we won't get it until sometime in 2009, as production rate is not high, due to the extended quality Nissan is putting into this model - 'one-man' hand assembled engines and gearboxes just like Ferraris (hope that's good enough for you Bornwild LOL) hold back production rates, but you abviously get a very well made vehicle ;)

Wraith
15th November 2007, 02:28 PM
hehehehehhe if only everything was that simple!!!! :)

And I assure you that Princ Sheik Abdul Aziz Al Saud won't go 'ohh look...Nissan released a new GTR' :p:p:p

However, I agree with you. Nissan is more bang for buck...if it's only the bang you're after. But then again, why would you get the GTR when you can just as well get a Mitsu Evo or Subbie STi...they're less than half price of the Nissan and can, with a bit of tuning, get a lot better performance!! :D And that GTR is bound to be priced at 160k+ even touching the 200k limit. :)

Good point, but fair to say that once you upgrade an Sti or Evo to run the performance (acceleration) of a GT-R it will no longer be a streetable car, more like a track car only.......the GT-R will probably be the best behaved and everyday liveable 11sec vehicle on the market...

I'll have to put up more pics of the interior and features I recently seen, it's a neat and very highly appointed piece of interior kit this car will have :)

bornwild
15th November 2007, 02:29 PM
I'd rather get one of these (http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/details.aspx?Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal%7C0%7C%7CpCar_Make_String% 7C0%7C%7CpCar_Model_String%7C0&__Nne=20&seot=20&trecs=1&silo=1004&Make=MERCEDES&Model=SLK55%20AMG&__N=1090+4294964418+281+595&__sid=11643B6067A9&R=cs20070904.07:55:32) 'handmade' beasts and bolt on a supercharger and have 380kW right away :) It's a Merc, same price as the GTR...can't go wrong :D:p:p

So we won't see the GTR 'officially' until 2009??? Bugger...

Orion_996
15th November 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, all respect to the GTR, it sure will perform well, but I'd rather pay 360k for a 911 than 170k - 180k for a Nissan. Thats just personal preference. But then again i have those 360k to spend just as i have those 170k - 180k to spend (i don't) so it really makes no difference, as i can't really put myself into those shoes. :(

btm
15th November 2007, 02:40 PM
the SLK55 is one awesome car, i will give you that BW

Wraith
15th November 2007, 02:46 PM
I'd rather get one of these (http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/details.aspx?Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal%7C0%7C%7CpCar_Make_String% 7C0%7C%7CpCar_Model_String%7C0&__Nne=20&seot=20&trecs=1&silo=1004&Make=MERCEDES&Model=SLK55%20AMG&__N=1090+4294964418+281+595&__sid=11643B6067A9&R=cs20070904.07:55:32) 'handmade' beasts and bolt on a supercharger and have 380kW right away :) It's a Merc, same price as the GTR...can't go wrong :D:p:p

So we won't see the GTR 'officially' until 2009??? Bugger...

I've always been a fan of Merc/AMG's latest offerings and love the SLK55.

But I wouldn't get one of these and put a supercharger on it aftermarket, wrecks all the warranty and re-sale will suffer too, I'd only buy a model fitted with forced induction from factory :)

And yeh, looks like the GT-R will arrive here in 2009....that may change though, but by then the V-Spec will have been released, Nissan are bench marking this model against the GT3....should be totally awesome, can't wait to see it and the even higher performance Evo variant :)

Wraith
15th November 2007, 05:01 PM
Speaking of the SLK55 - BTM and Bornwild - check out this planned version of it from another tuner........HOT n WILD :)

http://digiads.com.au/car-news/latest-KLEEMAN-news/2007_Kleeman_Mercedes_SLK_55_AMG_GTK_200710.html

btm
16th November 2007, 09:18 AM
7 speend auto, boasting 540 HP of power and 700 Nm of torque :)

i can almost see GTR styling in there a bit... or is it just me?

love the 20" rims and front air scoop is pretty cool too

Wraith
16th November 2007, 12:57 PM
Don't know about the styling being similar to the GTR, but it looses the convertible top, not good :(

Power and performance are impressive, 'almost' matching the base model GTR in straight line acceleration :)

You could have one of each, instead of the 911 tt Porker - if I had the choice that's definitely what I'd do :)

btm
16th November 2007, 01:25 PM
You could have one of each, instead of the 911 tt Porker - if I had the choice that's definitely what I'd do :)

a worthy choice indeed

its crazy when you put that into comparison...

Wraith
16th November 2007, 02:05 PM
a worthy choice indeed

its crazy when you put that into comparison...

That's actually the main point that was in my mind in many of my previous posts regarding the ridiculous price of the Porker, but didn't mention such comparisons....

You could for eg: buy yourself a new Audi RS4 as an everyday ride and a new R35 GTR as a weekend/weeknight bruiser or many other combinations of 2 or more awesome cars and still have change left over instead of buying the 911 tt Porker !!!!

Another good one that comes to mind is an Audi R8 as the pride n joy and an Evo 10 or new Sti for everyday mmmmmmmm :) and you'd still have 20-30k change ;)

btm
16th November 2007, 02:12 PM
Another good one that comes to mind is an Audi R8 as the pride n joy and an Evo 10 or new Sti for everyday mmmmmmmm :) and you'd still have 20-30k change ;)

may even be able to pick yourself up a 2nd hand astra vert with the change ;)

bornwild
16th November 2007, 02:23 PM
You're totally right Wraith, regarding the price of the Porker in AU. However, if you look at it's price everywhere else...it is very much a bargain on it's own. :)

btm
16th November 2007, 02:46 PM
damn aussie luxury car tax :mad:

Wraith
16th November 2007, 02:53 PM
may even be able to pick yourself up a 2nd hand astra vert with the change ;)

For you yes, I've already got one :)

And yes damn car prices in Oz. make me spit the dummy :mad:

Bornwild your right, O/S they're much more affordable....

Lets wait and see if there's a reduction on new car pricing here due to the current value of the Aussie $ against the US $

btm
16th November 2007, 02:56 PM
Lets wait and see if there's a reduction on new car pricing here due to the current value of the Aussie $ against the US $
isnt it really only going to make a difference for things imported from the states?

do we get any 'luxury' cars from the US?

xplosv57
17th November 2007, 10:38 AM
300C is the only luxury US car i can think of!!!

With the new GT-R, for 180k, it'd be a tough choice between this and the current M3!!! I know it's alot less power and isn't awd, but after driving one, whoa it's such a nice and easy car to drive!!

Plus it's a proper manual, unlike the GT-R and personally i reckon looks better too!!!!

But if i wanted just all out performance, the GT-R is a top choice, but M3 for an all rounder, something i could live with easily!!!

bornwild
17th November 2007, 02:44 PM
M3 is a different kind of performance car...it's a classic that will be talked about in a 100yrs time.

nadg63
17th November 2007, 09:11 PM
M3 is a different kind of performance car...it's a classic that will be talked about in a 100yrs time.

What, and the GTR won't!

bornwild
17th November 2007, 09:15 PM
What, and the GTR won't!

Not in the same spirit...

xplosv57
18th November 2007, 10:55 AM
Well if you go back in time, i find more people talking about R32 GT-R's than E30 or E36 M3's, just the GT-R's track heritage here and it's dominance makes it a classic in it's own right!!!

Also the technology for a car released in 1989 will be something remembered in car design circles for a long time!!!

bornwild
18th November 2007, 11:30 AM
1971 M3 CSL

Touchdown! :)

xplosv57
18th November 2007, 05:17 PM
Never heard of an M3 CSL from 1971.......... only M3 CSL's in existence are from 2003 onwards!!!

Unless you mean the 3.0 CSL....

Wraith
19th November 2007, 11:00 AM
300C is the only luxury US car i can think of!!!

With the new GT-R, for 180k, it'd be a tough choice between this and the current M3!!! I know it's alot less power and isn't awd, but after driving one, whoa it's such a nice and easy car to drive!!

Plus it's a proper manual, unlike the GT-R and personally i reckon looks better too!!!!

But if i wanted just all out performance, the GT-R is a top choice, but M3 for an all rounder, something i could live with easily!!!

All good points Steve, but you'll have to drive one of these new GT-R's before final judgement - apparantly it also is made to be a truly everyday driveable and comfortable car to live with :)

If this is the case, I'd have one over an M3 anyday as it's performance is in a different league way beyond the M3 - just imagine that for a moment !!!

It's build quality will also be in a similar class (it also features scratch proof paint like Ferraris) and from what I've read about it's mechanicals, it's superior to the M3 (and alot of other supercars) and put together with equal or better attention to detail and quality contol !!!

Also at this stage, all indications point to it being priced at no more that 140-160k AUD. at that price for me, overall the M3 is just no comparison and wouldn't even be considered....I would however have a tt 335i hard top coupe or vert, with a Xede remap, it'll kill the M3 and looks almost exactly the same for 50k less ;)

Wraith
19th November 2007, 11:11 AM
1971 M3 CSL

Touchdown! :)

hahahaha LOL, you come up with some beauties - perhaps you can get Mark Holden to try and help you find one of these non existant cars :D

bornwild
20th November 2007, 12:02 AM
woops I meant the 3.0 CSL of course...don't be pedantic :p

Wraith
20th November 2007, 10:10 AM
woops I meant the 3.0 CSL of course...don't be pedantic :p

LOL sorry mate, just keep having pics in my mind of Mark Holden doing the touch down motion, whenever I read your post :D

But as Steve mentioned and not being biased, as I don't really like the looks of any of the previous model GTR's, the older GTR's will have more of a following than any of the older M Beemers, that's for sure.....when it comes to sports cars, the main factor that grabs peoples attention and gives them any kind of stutus or cult following, reputation etc. is their performance attributes, the GTR is truly legendary here and this new one ups the ante by a substantial margin :)

bornwild
20th November 2007, 03:08 PM
I'll say it again...I'll have an R32 GTR over this new one anytime!!! :D

btm
20th November 2007, 03:25 PM
I'll say it again...I'll have an R32 GTR over this new one anytime!!! :D

based on what? styling?

bornwild
20th November 2007, 03:35 PM
based on what? styling?

love....there's more to one's being than just the outside hahaha :p

I just love the R32GTR...lightweight, low to the ground.....it's a race car that nissan built for the track and road.......not like these new ones which are 'roadcars made for the track'. :)

btm
20th November 2007, 03:37 PM
fair enough, each to their own! :)

Wraith
20th November 2007, 04:08 PM
love....there's more to one's being than just the outside hahaha :p

I just love the R32GTR...lightweight, low to the ground.....it's a race car that nissan built for the track and road.......not like these new ones which are 'roadcars made for the track'. :)

Agree with BTM - each to their own with car choices :)

But keep in mind, that what you've stated above is exactly what makes this new GTR so good ;)

ie: it's been specifically designed and made as an ultra high performance road car, able to be driven everyday with ease and comfort etc. whilst possessing blistering performance and handling and in my eyes looks the goods too :)

The previous GTR's were never too comfortable as everyday road cars...

If there are people who desire a more track focused GTR like the previous models, all they need do is wait for the forthcoming higher performance models of the R35, ie: the V-Spec and Evo variants, I believe the Evo variant is what you'd like BW :)

Wraith
26th November 2007, 12:51 PM
New GT-R in red aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
And another interesting read

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3620

btm
26th November 2007, 01:05 PM
that red on black is hot hot hot!!

Wraith
26th November 2007, 01:08 PM
Forgot this link before - interesting read - this GTR has some fantastic features and as more info comes out about the engine, it just keeps getting more and more mouth watering :drool:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=123099

Wraith
26th November 2007, 01:21 PM
Damn yanks, they've got it so good with car pricing....

http://i17.tinypic.com/89sorxi.jpg

btm
26th November 2007, 01:23 PM
sub US$80K :eek:

Wraith
26th November 2007, 01:28 PM
sub US$80K :eek:

Yep, lucky bastards :mad:

btm
26th November 2007, 01:35 PM
mother farkers!

you're lucky to get a shitty BMW for that price over here!

Wraith
26th November 2007, 05:00 PM
Unfortunate but true.......

But even at 140-160k AUD if you had the dosh, how could you not want one of these over anything else in that price range - have a look at it - it's pure sex on wheels :) and it has the balls to match :)

http://i6.tinypic.com/6kqxikx.jpg

btm
27th November 2007, 08:59 AM
that looks the shit in red - so much better than that gun metal grey colour

Wraith
27th November 2007, 11:52 AM
Exactly what I thought when I 1st saw it in the red......I still get weak at the knees whenever I look at those pics of it in red - WOW :drool:

My missus had a look at it the other night and it really caught her attention too, she loves it :)

hehehehe (rubs hands together) it's all going to plan...... :D

btm
27th November 2007, 12:47 PM
hehehehe (rubs hands together) it's all going to plan...... :D

excellent :D

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3886/mr20burnsez3.jpg

Wraith
27th November 2007, 03:28 PM
hahahaha that's the one :) gold :D

But I hope to be way younger than that if and when I get one :) otherwise it'll rattle my bones driving the thing :D

btm
5th December 2007, 01:34 PM
a drive.com.au review - http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=46093&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff

btm
5th December 2007, 01:35 PM
In fact, the new-generation Godzilla will be most intimidating for the likes of Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini when they compare its capabilities with its price tag.

oneightoo
5th December 2007, 03:04 PM
of course they'd say that.. and rightly so..

Wraith
5th December 2007, 04:00 PM
a drive.com.au review - http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=46093&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff

It just keeps getting juicier and jucier with this car - well done Nissan :clap:

As you all know I WANT ONE :)

Now to go rob a bank for the required 160k + to get one on the road :D

d.c.
5th December 2007, 09:12 PM
MOTOR recently ran a 12.1sec quarter after hitting the jap spec 180km/h limiter "well before we reached the 400m mark".

Sounds very promising!

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2866548.aspx

btm
6th December 2007, 08:32 AM
Now to go rob a bank for the required 160k + to get one on the road :D
no need to do anything illegal... just need a bit of luck on your side :)

take $500 to the casino, then all you need to do is correctly pick black or red 8 times in a row whilst rolling your winnings over. then you'd have $128,000!!

simple :rolleyes:

Wraith
6th December 2007, 08:41 AM
LOL I'm not and never will be a gambler ;)

Always done things the good ol fashioned way - wait, save up and go for it :)

I could get one ' if I really ' wanted to do that.....will wait till the time comes and make a final/firm decision, there are just too many others I'm also interested in as well, so I'll bite my time and when I'm ready we'll see what happens :)

Wraith
6th December 2007, 08:45 AM
MOTOR recently ran a 12.1sec quarter after hitting the jap spec 180km/h limiter "well before we reached the 400m mark".

Sounds very promising!

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car-review/2866548.aspx

:eek: Faaar out :)

That is promissing - Nissan weren't mucking around !!!!!

No doubt this is truly an 11sec car straight off the showroom floor and it's just the base model, can't wait to see how the coming V-Spec and Evo variants perform, the Evo spec might be a 10sec 1/4 blaster :D

No doubt aftermarket tuning will see a base model in the 10's with just minor mods ;) awesome stuff :)

That mighty V6 is staying in my avatar :D

From the link: " As good as the new M3, Merc C63 AMG and Lexus V8 IS-F are, they won't see which way a well driven GT-R went ! " GOLD :D

xplosv57
6th December 2007, 06:13 PM
Wraith, sell the 100 sets of rims you got sitting round the house and i'm sure you can easily afford a new GT-R!!!!

poita
6th December 2007, 08:23 PM
a sub 10 second factory street car is on the horizon i am sure :)

poita
6th December 2007, 09:28 PM
heres some cool cutaway pics of the GTR i found ;)
these are from the official Tokyo launch

front on shot
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2559000-2559999/2559035_24_full.jpg

side on shot
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2559000-2559999/2559035_21_full.jpg

from the back
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2559000-2559999/2559035_23_full.jpg

the rear diff
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2559000-2559999/2559035_22_full.jpg

btm
7th December 2007, 08:46 AM
how many intercoolers does it have?

Wraith
7th December 2007, 09:10 AM
how many intercoolers does it have?

It has a total of 3 for the engine intake charge :)

Both turbos feed into a central IC initially, then on exit, the charge goes through 2 other independant IC's then onto it's way into the engine...

This combination along with the twin IHI turbos is very well designed as the GT-R runs only 0.75bar max. boost and can hold its max. torque figure of nearly 600nm over a 2,000rpm rev range (3,200-5,200rpm) :)

Wraith
7th December 2007, 09:17 AM
Wraith, sell the 100 sets of rims you got sitting round the house and i'm sure you can easily afford a new GT-R!!!!

LOL if I add up what I've spent on wheels over the past 23 years, it should be enough to buy a 30-40k car, I kid you not :o

Any takers for 20's that'll fit on any Opel :D

The good thing about this new GT-R is that the wheels on it are already good enough to leave alone - great looking set of 20's :) no need to get a better set of wheels, although a nice set of 22's would look awesome, I don't think you'd be able to get tyres to match those fitted by Nissan.

They are also specially made light weight units and have a special knurled edge, for extra retention of the specially designed and made tyres that are fitted to the GT-R :)

BTW great pics above Poita, I've got those and more, this car is truly outstanding, no matter how or which way you want to look at it - it's simply impressive :)

Wraith
7th December 2007, 09:51 AM
Guys, check out todays Herald Sun cars guide (07-12-07) The GT-R dominates the front page.....

" The GT-R has sparked a showroom stampede "

" Godzilla is a sellout ! "

Nissan have a World wide winner on their hands - that's for sure !

Orders are already totalling 10-1 of what Nissan can actually produce !!!!!!!

Damn, it isn't even due here until sometime in 2009 and even then, it looks like there'll be a huge and long waiting list :(

If you were definitely going to get one of these, it looks like it's going to be hard to get your hands on one :mad:

btm
7th December 2007, 09:59 AM
is your sig pic wraith of the GT-R?

Wraith
7th December 2007, 10:05 AM
is your sig pic wraith of the GT-R?

Yes it is :)

Got heaps of pics and literature of the car :)

Just an update - from the pre-orders taken so far for the GT-R - nearly 3000 units :eek: - 27&#37; are for the pearl white - damn white duco is becoming popular as of late :)

btm
7th December 2007, 10:25 AM
Got heaps of pics and literature of the car :)
really...? no, i don't believe you :rolleyes: :p

btm
7th December 2007, 10:26 AM
damn white duco is becoming popular as of late :)
would still take the red fosho!

Wraith
7th December 2007, 10:34 AM
would still take the red fosho!

Agree, just from the pics - red looks the best suited to this car :)

However alot of journos doing reviews on this car are also picking the white after seeing it in the flesh....

I'm actually going to be in Japan for a couple of weeks next year, will have to check it out (and others) in the metal and see what my impressions are...hopefully I'll get to test drive one :D

btm
7th December 2007, 11:18 AM
havent seen one in white yet... will have to wait and see

Wraith
7th December 2007, 11:56 AM
havent seen one in white yet... will have to wait and see

Here you go, looks HOT, but in picture form red is still HOTTER :D

http://i2.tinypic.com/86a0vt0.jpg

I'll let you know after I've seen em all in the flesh next year, which is the best looking in real life :)

oneightoo
7th December 2007, 12:03 PM
first white car i've liked!!

Wraith
7th December 2007, 12:22 PM
first white car i've liked!!

Really :eek: Just for you then :)

http://i12.tinypic.com/71objft.jpg

The new Evo 10 in white looks hot too....

In a colour choice poll on the Evox forum, it leads the way as the most popular duco colour choice !

White is surely becoming a trendy colour to have with alot of new car designs :)

oneightoo
7th December 2007, 12:26 PM
yeah never been a fan of white cars..

but this i like.

btm
7th December 2007, 12:51 PM
the red is just more in-your-face than the other colours. compliments its lines nicely

but the white is sexy too

Wraith
7th December 2007, 01:20 PM
the red compliments its lines nicely

Definitely agree with the above statement :)

In terms of ' in your face ' I'd say you'd do that with an R35 GT-R of any colour :D

btm
7th December 2007, 01:31 PM
In terms of ' in your face ' I'd say you'd do that with an R35 GT-R of any colour :D

good point :)

Wraith
7th December 2007, 04:59 PM
Taken from the R35 GTR forum, Clarkson' take on the GTR....damn I didn't even know that top gear had got a hold of the car and done a review already ???

Anyways, here's some of his comments - just like everybody else who has encountered this car, he too thinks it's an outright winner :) no surprises ;)

"The GT-R hasn't just moved the goalposts, it's obliterated them."

"For all-round ability, I have no doubt the Nissan is the best car I have ever driven."

"The GTR turns in beautifully, whether neutral or under brakes, and grips forever - slippery surfaces seem to bring out the best in it. Time after time I left Turner (911 Turbo) behind as my four-wheel-drive system and traction control worked better out of wet corners - it wasn't just the fact that I could get on the power earlier. It was about confidence. The Nissan really is something special, and you get the impression that while a master driver could wring every last ounce of performance out of the 911, your mother could do the same in the GT-R..........................Does the Nissan's ability reduce the driving pleasure? Not at all. You can turn all the systems off if you so choose, and it's still supremely well balanced, no doubt a delight for a racing driver on a track."

"A bellow from the engine, a rush of revs, a gigantic accelerative force on my neck, bang the GT-R into fourth. A killing gear if ever there was one."

"Were in R (mode) now, and weve hit 100mph in about 10 heartbeats. No official performance figure exists for that increment, but expect an 8 second 0-100ph time. Its fast, alrite - 60mph comes up in 3.5 seconds, the standing quarter in 11.7 seconds and it goes onto 197mph."

"The GT-R is all aggression on the outside. To my eye, it is a phenomal-looking machine, distinct from everything else. Very japanese and very hard."

"Driving these two cars back to back, its not long before you realise that the Nissan makes the Porsche seem old-fashioned. The GT-R is truly extraordinary."

"For all round ability, i have no doubt the Nissan is the best car i have ever driven. Its a solid car you can rely on when the going gets tricky."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btm
7th December 2007, 05:21 PM
not a bad right up from the big man

Wraith
8th December 2007, 05:55 PM
Sure is, I'd like to actually see that particular top gear episode to believe it LOL :D I don't think I've ever heard Clarkson so complimentary on any other car, including his favourite ferrari F430 !

I'll count myself lucky for sure, if I get the chance to test drive one of these dream machines when I'm in Japan next year :)

btm
10th December 2007, 08:47 AM
I'll count myself lucky for sure, if I get the chance to test drive one of these dream machines when I'm in Japan next year :)
will be extremly envious if you do!

Wraith
10th December 2007, 09:00 AM
I'll make sure to take plenty of pics and write up a full report :)

Oh and try to keep my pants from exploding :D how embarrassing would that be :o

Snotty
11th December 2007, 09:22 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=46124&s_rid=smh:ClassiePuff

nissan back in the touring cars? doubt it will happen, but would be good to see

Wraith
11th December 2007, 10:08 AM
Agree, no way it'll happen in Aust. unless it's an independant/different class of touring car racing.

The V8 supercar car category is just that - no way they'll have an AWD V6 contentender join in there !!! and fair enough, it's a completely different class of car.

Nissan Aust. is just trying to promote/expose the car as much as possible to try and gain more popularity for the type, IMHO to try and justify the high Aust. pricing for the GT-R, as compared to other countries, we here will be paying alot more (twice as much) as most other countries.

I hope Nissan Aust. don't f#*# up with his new R35 the way they did in the early nineties with the R32 !!!

I can see Nissan competing with the car successfully elsewhere in the World though ;)

blueraven
11th December 2007, 10:21 AM
pisses me off about car pricing here....

USA has the gtr confirmed at 80k usd......which at the moment is around 100k. Yet all indicators say we will be paying 150k...fukn ripp off. :(

(not that i can afford 100k, but a 100k car will be 50k in 3-4 years :D)

Wraith
11th December 2007, 10:59 AM
pisses me off about car pricing here....

USA has the gtr confirmed at 80k usd......which at the moment is around 100k. Yet all indicators say we will be paying 150k...fukn ripp off. :(

(not that i can afford 100k, but a 100k car will be 50k in 3-4 years :D)

Yeh, totally agree Nik...

It's a hot topic on the R35 GT-R forum....and hopefully Nissan Aust. is having a look !!!

It is this same overpricing factor that killed the success of the R32 in Australia, had it being priced more appropriately it would've sold very well.

Even if you could afford it at 150k, it'd really piss you off knowing your paying around 50k over what others will be paying for it !!!

If Nissan Aust. won't sell many of these, then it's unlikely they'll have the funds or justification to set up specialist workshops and service departments for this car and offer the first 3 years of services and tuning for free - as is the case for this car in Japan !!!!! so 1st of all we get ripped on the purchase price and 2nd we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that there'll be the proper local expertise to look after the car and 3rd, I can't see Nissan Aust. offering the first 3 years of services for free, even though they've charged twice as much for the car :mad:

As far as importing the car is concerned (grey market) it dosn't appear that this will be possible with the R35.

Some importers have already tried (info from the R35 GT-R forum) and being blocked by government taxes, which then make the car as expensive as what Nissan Aust. want for it and (for the 1st time on one of these) a Japanese built in GPS system, which prevents the car (ie: JDM built machine) from starting and running, if it's located anywhere outside of Japan......

Wraith
11th December 2007, 01:31 PM
Check out this dyno vid. of the GT-R's engine....

Awsome stuff :)

http://vr38.com/

Aftermarket potential is confirmed, as this literature says the GT-R's engine has been built for 600hp (450kw) but detuned to 353kw for production !

What's also interesting is the torque output which is shown to be over 580nm over a rev. spread of 1,700 - 5,600rpm, previous reports stated max. torque was 588nm from 3,200 - 5,200rpm ???

The newer figures are certainly more exciting and explains how it is able to reach 100km/h in under 4sec. for a 1,720kg vehicle...

What's also amazing is that the engine can still generate 90% of peak power (318kw) at it's redline of 7,800rpm

Man I gotta get me one of these and with a bit of tune, it'll blow my mind :drool:

btm
11th December 2007, 02:40 PM
it'll blow my mind :drool:
amongst other things... :p

Wraith
11th December 2007, 02:47 PM
LOL, my poor pants, they've copped it hard because of this car :D :D

btm
11th December 2007, 02:52 PM
LOL, my poor pants, they've copped it hard because of this car :D :D

pardon the pun! :p

Wraith
11th December 2007, 09:23 PM
Another review - as per all others, totally favourable....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_drive.php?sid=1305&page=1

Last paragraph:

Just as that old GT-R resets the standards for front-engined coupés, so the new one lifts the bar ever higher. An M3 beater? Easily. M5? Think higher. This car is faster, more high-tech, sharper, more capable. Faster than a 911 Turbo on the straight. Or on the circuit. And all for normal 911 money. Genius.

How's that for a summary, I think Nissan have just elevated themselves to superstar status in the car World with the new GT-R ;)

The more I read up on this thing, the more I'm gobb smacked at how good it is, unlike the new Evo and Sti, which have been a bit of a let down and dissapointment in certain areas compared to previous models, this new GT-R is 10 fold superior to any of its predecessors...after all the hype and 6 years of speculation, its delivered better than anyone could've dreamed it would, no wonder it's an instant sell out ATM overseas :)

btm
12th December 2007, 09:42 AM
The more I read up on this thing, the more I'm gobb smacked at how good it is, unlike the new Evo and Sti, which have been a bit of a let down and dissapointment in certain areas compared to previous models,
i think you're only dissapointed with the evo and sti cause you have the GTR constantly in the back of your mind :p

Wraith
12th December 2007, 10:11 AM
Oh no, not me personally, I was just repeating reviewers comments, I still like both the new Evo and Sti very much :)

They are both down on 'straight line' performance compared to previous models, but for me more than make up for that with better handling and everyday driveability, better looks and better interiors :)

The new Sti looks like being my next everyday ride in the next 12-24 months, unless something else comes along in that time which I prefer more - there's still the upcoming Evo hatch, Mitsu RA Coupe, Sti 3 door, Golf Mk6, new MPS 3 all arriving over the next couple of years and all worth having a look at :)

As for the new GT-R seriously who wouldn't want one of those ??? ;)

Wraith
31st December 2007, 05:33 PM
For anyone interested, check out this link for some of the latest info and vids on the new GT-R...including some great pics of the GT-R and the Stig :D

http://www.nissangtrproto.com/

Looks like Nissan have understated this monster both in terms of power and performance, it has way more power than advertised (the advertised figures 353kw and 588nm are what dyno results are getting at the wheels :eek:not at the flywheel ! ) and reviewers acceleration figures of 3.3sec 0-100km/h and 11.6 1/4 mile :eek:

Only weeks after release and tuning parts already available (as if 0-100km/h in 3.3sec performance ain't enough ?? )

Nissan has orders for over 10,000 of these already and can only make 1000 a month, I think even when released here in Aust in 2009, there'll be a long waiting list..... :mad:

d.c.
1st January 2008, 12:47 PM
acceleration figures of 3.3sec 0-100km/h and 11.6 1/4 mile :eek:

Awesome!

The more I read about this car the more I wonder how Nissan have been able to build it for the money. I don't think their profit margin can be that much and they cant build huge amounts (1000/month) it makes me think that this may be less of an exercise in income generation and more just a big middle finger up to other performance car manufactures.

Wraith
2nd January 2008, 03:15 PM
That's an interesting assessment d.c. and you could very well be correct ;)

However I'm more inclined to think that it shows the obvious profit margins and brand money pulling capacity of all the other major supercar marques.

I think there would be little doubt Nissan won't make major profits with this car, it's a confirmed sellout, that can only lead to financial success for them :)

Also this car may have a very profound impact in the future pricing of all high performance cars - which would be of benefit to all of us car enthusiasts....

I've read that several cars have already been purchased by 'anonymous' buyers, these in fact being purchased by other car companies, such as Porsche in Stuttgard LOL :D so that they can carefully dissect and study the car, always happens when a superior product comes to market and others need to know what the very serious threat is all about....

All I can say is IMHO this is the most impressive current new car in the World and the most impressive one that I can actually think of released in recent years, that's absolutely blown all expectations higher than ever predicted of what it would deliver, it has blown all the competition away, it's magnificently built, it's packed with features and technology and it's affordable and accessible to more people around the World than any other high-po supercar and comes with a fantastic after sales care/maintenance support package.

Well done Nissan Japan :clap:

d.c.
4th January 2008, 08:26 PM
However I'm more inclined to think that it shows the obvious profit margins and brand money pulling capacity of all the other major supercar marques.

Good point I guess they have to pay for those fancy showrooms somehow.

Wraith
10th January 2008, 10:21 PM
OK this time a GT-R link with a difference........and a sad day it is :(

Only weeks after this potent cars release, not only are there already dozens on the roads and already you have aftermarket power and body enhancements available, we now have the 1st official crashed example or accident in an R35 GT-R...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/07/aw-snap-first-nissan-gt-r-crash/

I don't think this owner would like their new title LOL...

And this one to bring a smile back :)

It's a special order 'Lambo orange' GT-R....check out the vid on page 1 of the thread, to see it in action - F##k it's quick !!!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/89501-lambo-orange-r35-gtr-2.html

btm
11th January 2008, 09:02 AM
OUCH, damn unlucky for him!

btm
11th January 2008, 09:04 AM
oh, and that orange looks farking hot!

dieselhead
11th January 2008, 09:15 AM
Now that's one hot car, right there! I never thought I would say that about an orange car :)
Can I have one for my b'day mummy, in orange, pleeeease?

blueraven
11th January 2008, 11:16 AM
There is an importer in perth, that is selling the 3 models (std, black edition and then premium edition) for 145k/155k/165k FULLY COMPLIED and roadworthy etc. He is pushing everyone to get the premium edition because they come fully optioned...and the list is ridiculously long :)

Dont ask me how, all i know is he has 3 orders and has comfirmed delivery prior to may.(obviously they have found a compliance loophole/greased many palms/slept with all the ugly sisters or something)

There is already a white one in sydney that has been brought in for the tassie targa by one of the race teams :)

Anyone wanna loan me 145k? :D

btm
11th January 2008, 12:07 PM
you can survive without kidneys, cant you... :p

Wraith
11th January 2008, 01:17 PM
There is an importer in perth, that is selling the 3 models (std, black edition and then premium edition) for 145k/155k/165k FULLY COMPLIED and roadworthy etc. He is pushing everyone to get the premium edition because they come fully optioned...and the list is ridiculously long :)

Dont ask me how, all i know is he has 3 orders and has comfirmed delivery prior to may.(obviously they have found a compliance loophole/greased many palms/slept with all the ugly sisters or something)

There is already a white one in sydney that has been brought in for the tassie targa by one of the race teams :)

The premium edition is the one to have - it features everything :)

I'll have one of those in Vibrant Red please :D

Nik, what hes probably done is import them using an available 'window of opportunity' until Nissan begins recieving them sometime in 2009 - after that, it will be impossible to register 'grey imports' as they're known.

Nissan Australia has already registered itself to sell the car here, therefore unlike the previous R33 and R34 you won't be able to import and road use them, unless it's a track car only !

The only other way of doing it is to buy and own one in Japan for 12 months or longer and then you can bring it over - I've read you can buy one for just over $60,000 AUD in Japan, so interested people who have the opportunity to do this, will....I'm scheduled to visit Japan this year, can't wait :D

The one your talking about that's landed in Sydney to be used for the Targa Tasmania will be painted pink LOL to represent its main sponsor :)

P.S. forgot to mention, the other thing to consider with those being imported above, is that if you didn't buy it from Nissan Aust. they will not service and take care of the car in the proper and authorised manner for the first 3 years of ownership, which is all for free too....this is very important for peace of mind, as the car is very complex and needs specialist attention.

btm
11th January 2008, 01:59 PM
I'll have one of those in Vibrant Red please :D

red for sure! best by far