PDA

View Full Version : Astra Mods Help

skulless
23rd October 2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Guys,

im a few mods away for my astra ah. wondering if some of you in here could give me some advice.

i just ordered my eibach sportsline with koni sports from gsa and will be lowering the car in a weeks time hopefully(bout 30mm rear 45mm front). will my 205/50 tyres going to scrub it? do i need a rear sway bar, i heard it's the best bang for buck thing you can get.

i have mod my exhaust with a 2 1/4 lukey glass back with resinator, love the sound and rev now but slighty noisier in the cabin now. how can i reduce the noise in the cabin?

next on my list is to de-restrict my air filter, where can i get the screw-driver for it?

yes yes, it will be opelise once my badges arrived as well from irmsher

blueraven
23rd October 2007, 03:39 PM
i just ordered my eibach sportsline with koni sports from gsa and will be lowering the car in a weeks time hopefully(bout 30mm rear 45mm front). will my 205/50 tyres going to scrub it?

Provided your offset on the wheels is corrent, you wont scrub.

Hi Guys,
do i need a rear sway bar, i heard it's the best bang for buck thing you can get.

Yes. Get one.

i have mod my exhaust with a 2 1/4 lukey glass back with resinator, love the sound and rev now but slighty noisier in the cabin now. how can i reduce the noise in the cabin?

Remove the exhaust :) If you love the new sound, why do you want to remove the sound? fill your boot with sound deadening or a pile of blankets :D

next on my list is to de-restrict my air filter, where can i get the screw-driver for it?

What the?

hope that helps...

skulless
23rd October 2007, 05:16 PM
What the?

hope that helps...

it's has got a weird looking screw bolted to the filter. not the normal ones, i have no idea what they are called.

kaoshunter
23rd October 2007, 05:27 PM
it's has got a weird looking screw bolted to the filter. not the normal ones, i have no idea what they are called.

They are known as Torx screws, pick up a set of torx screw drivers from bunnings

skulless
23rd October 2007, 11:02 PM
thanks matey. when it's de-restricting, it is just by taking out the extra pipes and hose inside the air filter?

R3N
23rd October 2007, 11:56 PM
They are known as Torx screws, pick up a set of torx screw drivers from bunnings

Don't know bout the AH but in the G it was just a flathead screwdriver and clips

Vectracious
24th October 2007, 12:12 AM
thanks matey. when it's de-restricting, it is just by taking out the extra pipes and hose inside the air filter?

if the H is the same as the G then yes. Theres a pipe on the top half of the airbox, use a flat head screw driver and lever it out.

Lever out the other pipe on the bottom of the airbox, you prob dont need to take out the box to get it out, but it may help.

SKM_87
24th October 2007, 08:55 AM
Hi Guys,

im a few mods away for my astra ah. wondering if some of you in here could give me some advice.

i just ordered my eibach sportsline with koni sports from gsa and will be lowering the car in a weeks time hopefully(bout 30mm rear 45mm front). will my 205/50 tyres going to scrub it? do i need a rear sway bar, i heard it's the best bang for buck thing you can get.

yes yes, it will be opelise once my badges arrived as well from irmsher
being noisier in the cabin is called drone. are you running a muffler and resi? roughly what size are they? 2 1/4 is a little on the larger side for that engine and with a hatch will most likely drone a little. solution, bigger muffler or smaller piping. th

skulless
24th October 2007, 09:57 AM
being noisier in the cabin is called drone. are you running a muffler and resi? roughly what size are they? 2 1/4 is a little on the larger side for that engine and with a hatch will most likely drone a little. solution, bigger muffler or smaller piping. th

it doesnt really drone in the cabin, but as i rev it to 3k or more, you will hear it. yes, i'm running a cat-back with resinator and just saw on my receipt, its a 2 1/4 muffler baffled. it's not as noisy as it seems. but as you know, the OE speakers are crap, have to turn it loud now. but i like it.

skulless
24th October 2007, 01:49 PM
does anyone here recommend K&N filter or stick with the OE filter? I heard that K&N needs to be re-oil every couple of months?

poita
24th October 2007, 02:48 PM
yes k&n need to be re oiled
i do mine every 3 mths.
it takes about 5-10 mins to clean and oil it
no biggy

R3N
24th October 2007, 03:25 PM
yes k&n need to be re oiled
i do mine every 3 mths.
it takes about 5-10 mins to clean and oil it
no biggy

Don't over oil it tho, cos it will fk up your AFM

SKM_87
24th October 2007, 09:17 PM
it doesnt really drone in the cabin, but as i rev it to 3k or more, you will hear it. yes, i'm running a cat-back with resinator and just saw on my receipt, its a 2 1/4 muffler baffled. it's not as noisy as it seems. but as you know, the OE speakers are crap, have to turn it loud now. but i like it.
baffled muffler is a lil random. get a k&n. only really need to be done every 6months. dont get a pod, does nothing but make noise.