PDA

View Full Version : alloy wheels from twintop

bornwild
23rd October 2007, 12:19 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone seen the 18x7.5 eleven spoke twintop wheels??

Reckon it would look good on the Coupe???
How much would they be??

http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060224003.jpg

USC
23rd October 2007, 01:07 AM
It would look good and probably be worth 4 arms and 2 and a half legs...:p

bornwild
23rd October 2007, 01:40 AM
I reckon, they look the bizz :D

Black Nugget
23rd October 2007, 08:44 AM
It would look good and probably be worth 4 arms and 2 and a half legs...:p

but you would look uber cool with those wheels when driving with your teeth!:D

Wraith
23rd October 2007, 09:19 AM
They look good, but there are even nicer factory rims fitted to the turbo models which we havn't got here yet in Aust....

As for pricing, yes they would cost a rediculous amount of money new from GMH, you could probably buy a set of aftermarket 20's for less !!!

If you really want them, best bet is to wait until you can score a set s/h it'll just be a matter of time before they appear at wheels outlets from someone whos upgraded to aftermarkets.

I would recomend looking for a similar looking set of aftermarkets and it'll cost you much less.

Here's some pics of the twin top turbo rims:

http://i22.tinypic.com/2cz5zcw.jpg

http://i22.tinypic.com/5ufhna.jpg

bornwild
23rd October 2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah we don't get that much choice. I'm trying to find some of those 18s from the twintop. They look sexy as hell...even better than the Turbo rims :)

Vectracious
23rd October 2007, 08:45 PM
what a pain in the arse to clean them though...

imay
23rd October 2007, 09:57 PM
'Bout 3 grand for wheels only, when I asked for them to be included in the TwinTop I was pricing some time back.

Yeah, agree. Yet another set of alloys that would look schmicko on my convertible!

Memo to self: Gotta stop looking at these alloy wheel threads!

bornwild
23rd October 2007, 10:01 PM
'Bout 3 grand for wheels only, when I asked for them to be included in the TwinTop I was pricing some time back.

Yeah, agree. Yet another set of alloys that would look schmicko on my convertible!

Memo to self: Gotta stop looking at these alloy wheel threads!

$3000?!?!:eek::eek: Far out does Holden realise you can get 18" BBS rims for less than that....

USC
23rd October 2007, 10:55 PM
Holden does not care mate. They only want to sell new cars..they dont care about spares or having a variety of alloys for you to chose from...hence the premium price.

Why would you bother putting those rims?? did u know they have caps on the bolts, and that the centre caps cost $50 if stolen..I would just get a good set of aftermarket mate.

bornwild
23rd October 2007, 11:12 PM
Holden does not care mate. They only want to sell new cars..they dont care about spares or having a variety of alloys for you to chose from...hence the premium price.

Why would you bother putting those rims?? did u know they have caps on the bolts, and that the centre caps cost $50 if stolen..I would just get a good set of aftermarket mate.

Yeah was thinking exactly the same....surely there are similar 11-spoke aftermarkets :)

Wraith
24th October 2007, 09:35 AM
$3000?!?!:eek::eek: Far out does Holden realise you can get 18" BBS rims for less than that....

LOL did I not mention in my 1st post, they would cost a ridiculous amount of money ??

You can get yourself a nice set of 19" wheels complete with tyres for 1/2 that price, or even less for a set of 18's........seriously look at some aftermarket catalogues, there's heaps nicer styles than those as well ! ;)

IMHO the nicest/best looking AH factory rims are the 5 spokers fitted to the Sri t....

USC
24th October 2007, 09:54 AM
IMHO the nicest/best looking AH factory rims are the 5 spokers fitted to the Sri t....

I agree...:D

Oh sorry to change the topic, but you could check with Bennet wreckers if they have those 5 spoke alloys in stock...you never know.

I went there yesterday and they are awesome!I would HIGHLY recommend them. they let me go and pull what i wanted from their wrecked AH astras. Scary seeing those babies totalled...so new as well...2006 models!!

Wraith
24th October 2007, 10:02 AM
Totally agree with you USC, if there's a set of those AH 5 spokers s/h in un-damaged condition, they're the ones I'd recommend too for fitting to other AH variants ;)

cbrmale
24th October 2007, 11:20 AM
My wife's XC Barina has stock 15" seven-spoke alloy wheels, and they are a pain in the arse to clean. These eleven spoke wheels look similar to hers. And we all know how much black brake dust that Opel's spread.

Wraith
24th October 2007, 11:43 AM
Each to their own, with regards to myself, taking into account how fanatical I am with wheels, I don't even think about or consider the "washability" or whatever you want to call it of the rim design....If it's a style that I really like and want, I'll get it, I won't not consider it because it might take a bit of extra effort to clean LOL :)

For me, it's all about how they look, how well or not they suit the car, whether or not they appeal to me and whether or not I can afford them.....don't give a rats sfinkta if they're a bit harder to clean, if they make the car look awesome/outstanding/unique that's what it's all about !!! ;)

USC
24th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Each to their own, with regards to myself, taking into account how fanatical I am with wheels, I don't even think about or consider the "washability" or whatever you want to call it of the rim design....If it's a style that I really like and want, I'll get it, I won't not consider it because it might take a bit of extra effort to clean LOL :)

For me, it's all about how they look, how well or not they suit the car, whether or not they appeal to me and whether or not I can afford them.....don't give a rats sfinkta if they're a bit harder to clean, if they make the car look awesome/outstanding/unique that's what it's all about !!! ;)

the only issue is, things are are harder to clean are generaly harder to paint or repair...but Id ont care about that either as I would just get new ones if they are badly faded/damaged unless they do a nice silver powder coating....but ive never seen one yet....

SRI Wannabe
24th October 2007, 03:33 PM
bornwild, you still tossing up over mag choice?? not easy is it lol. I agree with some said here the AH sri-T wheels, then i keep seeing these wheels threads and admit the twin top wheels are nice also argghh! dam you! :p

btm
24th October 2007, 03:56 PM
IMO wheels do say a lot about your car and what you like... if was ever going to change mine from stocks it'd take me years to decide!

dening
24th October 2007, 07:09 PM
Here are some prices, though wheelking are normally a little high.

I've seen a few sets on ebay UK, but when postage worked out (which is a fortune from there) it was still over 3 grand.

http://www.wheelking.com.au/Wheels/tabid/196/ctl/ViewItem/mid/649/item/123/Default.aspx

bornwild
24th October 2007, 08:38 PM
bornwild, you still tossing up over mag choice?? not easy is it lol. I agree with some said here the AH sri-T wheels, then i keep seeing these wheels threads and admit the twin top wheels are nice also argghh! dam you! :p

Bad!!!!

I'm literally tossing up between the SRiT and these wheels....Boy racer or Executive style??? Oh the pain of choice:(:(

USC
24th October 2007, 08:48 PM
to be more original get the the ones from the turbo convertible. every one else has the 5 spoke one!! pisses me off...haha...

bornwild
24th October 2007, 08:52 PM
to be more original get the the ones from the turbo convertible. every one else has the 5 spoke one!! pisses me off...haha...

yeah but a looooooot of money money moneyyy

USC
24th October 2007, 09:11 PM
true...thats why if I were you, I would get some nice aftermarket ones!

bornwild
24th October 2007, 10:45 PM
true...thats why if I were you, I would get some nice aftermarket ones!

Yeah you are right.

I am trying to avoid the El Cheapo way though cause I really want quality....don't know whether all those aftermarket brands can be trusted.....like Roh and all those other small ones

imay
24th October 2007, 11:05 PM
don't know whether all those aftermarket brands can be trusted.....like Roh and all those other small ones

Who is to say that the OEM wheels are any better quality?? Quite possibly made by the same crowd, anyway. Just got the Holden/Opel/Vauxhall badge in the middle!!

I agree . . . I like the OEM wheels too and feel they do the cars justice in most instances. But there's no way I can seriously consider parting with $3-4K for wheels!

R3N
24th October 2007, 11:15 PM
Who is to say that the OEM wheels are any better quality?? Quite possibly made by the same crowd, anyway. Just got the Holden/Opel/Vauxhall badge in the middle!!

I agree . . . I like the OEM wheels too and feel they do the cars justice in most instances. But there's no way I can seriously consider parting with $3-4K for wheels!

What about a million dollars? :p

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/04/million-dollar-rims-by-asanti/

Just goes to show... money doesn't buy taste!

MatsHolden
24th October 2007, 11:26 PM
don't know whether all those aftermarket brands can be trusted.....like Roh and all those other small ones

Mate, ROH manufacture OEM alloys for HSV... Do some research and you'll find that there are top quality rims out there, but of course there are some shockers.

USC
24th October 2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah you are right.

I am trying to avoid the El Cheapo way though cause I really want quality....don't know whether all those aftermarket brands can be trusted.....like Roh and all those other small ones

thats why you get Enkei or other big brands that make alloys for manufacturers as well.