PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Opel Astra Front grille from UK? Got quote but seems expensive

kuruptz
22nd October 2007, 09:17 PM
Hey guys,

This is what i got quoted for a front grille to opelise my car, this is from a guy in the UK which i was referred to by a forum members, seems expensive!!!

car= AH Astra(April 2006)

Directly from email:

The grille comes in 3 parts, the basic grille (1320359) 58.00 Euro
The centre chrome bar (1400773) 70.36 Euro
And the badge (1324033) which is 15.73 Euro.

That comes to $288 AUD(including postage) for just the front opel grille! i was under the impression it was MUCH cheaper then that!.

Has anyone else imported a grille or got one , what did you pay? im so shocked!

Another thing which seems like a crazy price is the centre caps for the AH 18" Turbo wheels, each cap costs 28 EURO EACH!, thats $45 AUD a wheel for a tiny little opel centre cap.

poita
22nd October 2007, 09:20 PM
sounds about right

Calibrated
22nd October 2007, 09:22 PM
i should have prices for full list of badges, grilles, etc by end of this week.

kuruptz
22nd October 2007, 09:24 PM
hopefully not as high as this, i'd love to buy off you mate but your thread didn't seem to be going anywere so looked else were.

dieselhead
22nd October 2007, 09:33 PM
for that kind of money you could get an Irmscher grille that looks so much better...

bornwild
22nd October 2007, 09:36 PM
Kuruptz if you look at genuine holden parts, those quotes you got there are rather cheap. :) Just the chrome bar is $250 from holden if I remember correctly

But yeah get the Irmscher grill set :)

kuruptz
22nd October 2007, 09:37 PM
dont really want to spend that much.

There is a method that you alter the existing front grille and all you need to buy is the front badge.

Might give that a go, i mean even if it fails im only about $30 out of pocket.

I dunno i thought it would be about $150, i remember a guy on here saying he got his for just over $100 :S

Reaktion
22nd October 2007, 09:48 PM
i think if you ask them to use a slow shipping service it may be cheaper. i just bought a badgeless astra grille from a german ebay member who charged me $97 all up including shipping, but it's supposed to take 15-20 days to get here :(

tuzinski
22nd October 2007, 10:10 PM
i think if you ask them to use a slow shipping service it may be cheaper. i just bought a badgeless astra grille from a german ebay member who charged me $97 all up including shipping, but it's supposed to take 15-20 days to get here :(
and it will prob get lost in the mail....

i onced used that so i could save money, i lost more, never got the item yep the guy posted as i had a tracking number, but as its 3rd class it only gets scanned out of the UK and scanned when it gets to AUS.

so now i usually opt for ems or registered international mail, might cost a fortune, but ive never lost a item again!

USC
22nd October 2007, 10:36 PM
$288 sounds ok. Do you know how much Holden charge for rear chrome strip with button for boot and badges...about $500!!

The centre caps are about $50 each over here..thats why in the new car yard, they dont leave them on the cars.

Opel/Holden love to rip people off...haha

SaInT
23rd October 2007, 08:36 AM
i paid $300 for the Opel Coupe grill for my TS, that was off ebay and included delivery from a girl in SA to NSW.

Don't think you can alter your existing grill, as the actual holden lion badge sits on a holden lion shape molded into the grill itself, there are aftermarket badge kits to fit the blitz to the grill, but i think the lion shape would show through and would look funny.

Go with Calibrated's SA order.

skulless
23rd October 2007, 09:20 AM
well that's about 300 bucks you could spend on something else. but after market grilles are more attractive, no doubt about that :)

SIMid
23rd October 2007, 10:24 AM
I was under the impression that the Opel blitz and Chrome bar was one piece. :rolleyes:

USC
24th October 2007, 02:09 PM
u could always, remove holden badge very carefully, fill up the backing plate with some plastic filler, sand to smooth, paint it matt black, and colour code the V shape...there u go...u have a badgeless V grille. If u really want an opel badge on it, then buy a small one(should come with double sided tape from factory) and stick it on.

Red AH SRI T
25th October 2007, 04:32 PM
Price sounds about right, if ur getting them from who i think you are.

SIMid
25th October 2007, 07:10 PM
For $300, might as well invest in an Irmscher grille then. :p I was thinking of getting an Opel one as well, but never chased up on a price. But for $300 bickies, hmmm ........ gotta keep thinking!

Metro1288
25th October 2007, 09:57 PM
Calibrated, you selling Opel gear?

CJB
29th October 2007, 10:15 PM
for that kind of money you could get an Irmscher grille that looks so much better...
Agreed!!!!!

daaaaavek
1st November 2007, 09:33 PM
For Opel grilles, PM one of our German friends.
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/member.php?u=2812

skulless
3rd November 2007, 02:10 PM
I got this back from a dealer in Singapore Opel.

If you wanted to change the front bonnet grille, you also need to change the grille moulding , emblem and the label sticker. The grille S$122.20,mouldingS$71.50,emblemS$35.00 and stickerS$1.00.
Pricing excluding the 7% GST

That's about AU$ 184.00 inc

USC
3rd November 2007, 09:53 PM

[size=2]

[FONT=Arial]That's about AU$ 184.00 inc

that is cheap as!

kuruptz
4th November 2007, 12:58 AM

[size=2]

[FONT=Arial]That's about AU$ 184.00 inc

can you find out how much postage will be?

I'd be looking to get mine from that person if postage isnt too much!

also do the grille's get hit with any import tax or anything?

and that price is excluding gst? will gst need to be paid?

also what the hell is the "sticker" for $1 lol?

USC
4th November 2007, 12:11 PM

he probably meant the double sided tape at the back of the badge..but dont they come with the badge anyway??

skulless
4th November 2007, 03:27 PM

nah, mate. it's just for local only. i send the email pretending i was in singapore. that price doesnt include aust gst. i've got relatives in both singapore and hk, i did send another one to hk, still awaiting reply. too much hassle to get it over here to australia. maybe ashley(calibrated) can get better pricing from SA and quicker too. I'm going home and to HK in feb, so maybe i'll try to suss something out while i'm there.