Anonymous
19th June 2004, 06:44 PM
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=102

Anonymous
19th June 2004, 06:46 PM
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=101

ultim8DTM5
19th June 2004, 07:16 PM
Sits pretty ****ing high now doesn't it Don?

Sand buggy all right! :lol:

Anonymous
19th June 2004, 07:20 PM
they sure made the city's high!!!

I once laughed at a mate who claimed he slammed his astra 4 inches. I just didnt believe him...

Suddenly, I'm starting to see the logic.... :evil:

ultim8DTM5
19th June 2004, 07:30 PM
I smell bodykit...rear bar and getting rid of that exhaust!!!
I've still got twin 76mm DTM tips here :P

FlySri
19th June 2004, 07:59 PM
Nicely done !!!! :)
How much ?

sunny
19th June 2004, 08:02 PM
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_pic.php?pic_id=101

looks like red/orange neon under car hehehe

btw lookin good

RK
19th June 2004, 08:46 PM
nice man :)

bling bling!

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 12:04 AM
FlySri, how much so far spent on the car?

3g for wheels and lowering.

2g for stereo.

That is all, lol. 8)

Next up is sri front lip spoiler, turbo sideskirts, sri rear spoiler, opc front grille. If anyone wants to hook me up, holler. I'm looking at having this done soon, so even if I get my hands on second hand goods that might not be perfect, I'm down with that.

Planned mods... candy apple yellow respray, further lowering (Room to go 4 1/2 inches and still be driveable!) Some proper shocks (might invest in coilovers) camber kit, strut brace.

Should money permit; slotted rotors, better pads, braided lines, quad throttle, ported and polished, high comp pistons, 50hp Nitrous kit, tan leather retrim, comprehensive spl system.... the list goes on.

I aspire to own the most comprehensive n/a 1.8l astra in the world. A car in the league of its own, and a car that will be remembered.

Only thing stopping me is the money.... :evil:

Pete: I'm cool with buying the dtm tips. I'm sorting out some exhaust options at the moment. Most sound way too ricey. (hitech, livo exhaust....) I have a custom config that I pretty much know will give me the raspy high pitch n/a note im after, but I don't know if your tips will sit sick with the concept....

Seus
20th June 2004, 12:21 AM
nice work on the car, tose rims remind me of a type on the new 7 series, they suit ur car well regardless

P plates, represent yo, holla

You gotta at least put a chrome tip on the zorst for now

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 12:36 AM
hehe, reprezent brother... :D

frankie9fingers
20th June 2004, 03:20 AM
sweeeeeeeeeett! You gotta at least put a chrome tip on the zorst for now. Just looks a little naked without it.

Seus
20th June 2004, 03:29 AM
Next up is sri front lip spoiler, turbo sideskirts, sri rear spoiler, opc front grille. If anyone wants to hook me up, holler. I'm looking at having this done soon, so even if I get my hands on second hand goods that might not be perfect, I'm down with that.

go for the turbo front and rear lights

mr_astra_retired
20th June 2004, 12:04 PM
nice Don , height looks just right :P sweet lookin G ya got

DoomTrooper
20th June 2004, 12:48 PM
I have 1.8 as well, nice cars, i'm dropping mine 1 1/4 cause of insurance and i have an exhaust that doesn't sound too ricey, more of just the engine being alot louder than a deep droan, i've spent bout 1300 on my ICE, but that will do me, i'm not holdin a concert in my car or anything, i'm trying to arrange rims but the guy i'm getting them off hopefully hasn't responded

Have you derestriced ya airbox, i've done it and i can tell you it makes a diff top end to have a derestricted box and k/n panel

i too am looking for an sri spoiler, i like how its abit higher than the normal one

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 03:03 PM
Doom, I'm looking into a bmw m3 exhaust. Reason being that they rasp like a bitch when the cars being pushed and are dead silent when idling...

A guy I know has one on his 318is bmw, sounds like an m3. It must be the material placed within the muffler as opposed to the capcity and type of engine (even though a bmw 6 will always sound way better than an astra :( )

Also, tossing up which way to go, bmc/pipercross box, or diy destriction and k&n...

BTW, if your interested, my 17inch AME Priders are up for grabs. 1g and fit the astra perfectly. Very good condition, with excellent rubber. Let me know if your interested.

Chux
20th June 2004, 03:04 PM
looking good :-)

DoomTrooper
20th June 2004, 03:22 PM
yeh mine makes a noise when idleing, then that noise changes to a more enginey sounding noise the higher revs you go

ultim8DTM5
20th June 2004, 03:30 PM
FlySri, how much so far spent on the car?

Pete: I'm cool with buying the dtm tips. I'm sorting out some exhaust options at the moment. Most sound way too ricey. (hitech, livo exhaust....) I have a custom config that I pretty much know will give me the raspy high pitch n/a note im after, but I don't know if your tips will sit sick with the concept....

Don, I'll show you when I next see you remind me to show you. Theres a pair on Aaron's 318is now (2 ppl group buy haha) and mine are 100% identical, same make, type etc etc etc.

Raspy? M3's sound like this for two reasons-
1) Highly-strung N/A engine
2) Thin-walled exhaust

I don't think you'd be able to go with an M3 exhaust for one reason: they are dual pipes from the engine back to the muffler rather than a single exhaust. If you did this you would result in crazy loss of backpressure, would be slow as and would sound nothing like an M3.

ultim8DTM5
20th June 2004, 03:32 PM
BTW I should have my hands on those "top secret" subwoofer prototypes in a month hopefully I'll let you know. I think you should run a couple Hammers :twisted:

kirssn
20th June 2004, 05:29 PM
go for the turbo front and rear lights

have you priced these!!! eeeeeek!!!

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 05:36 PM
lol krissn is on the ball.... crazily stupid oem prices. ffs its not a bmw or a merc!!!

the sri front lip costs 600 new!!!

kirssn
20th June 2004, 05:38 PM
to swap the front and rear lights to the dark ones you wont get much change out of $1000. very little change.

and you know what the sad part is? even the 'light' head lights and tail lights are just as expensive.

it sucks.

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 05:42 PM
oven and black paint... LOL

might get some lights from the wreckers, and give them a hit of the vht. I'm loving the black lighs, gut they're so damn expensive!!!

Also, anyone interested in some DIY anel eyes? I found instructions, and I'm thinking of putting some red halos in my headlights.... :evil:

ultim8DTM5
20th June 2004, 08:20 PM
Stop whinging about prices I already helped you out there

Anonymous
20th June 2004, 10:52 PM
8) thanks pete 8)

DoomTrooper
22nd June 2004, 09:30 PM
what are angel eyes i assume you ment, not wat you said

Anonymous
22nd June 2004, 10:04 PM
lol, just reread what I said, lol

yeah, angel eyes, two halos of led light...