PDA

View Full Version : 08 Impreza

bornwild
17th October 2007, 10:20 PM
Anyone seen the review in fifth gear?

Tiff said the cheap plastics are horrible, AWD system in a base spec 2.0ltr is useless. Looks like a boring shopping trolley....lawl....he's so right!

Oh and they were giving away a '99 Impreza P1!!!!:D

dustbug
17th October 2007, 10:31 PM
didn't see the review, but after sitting in it in the motorshow, they are crap.

people around the car didn't like it either. plastics are shocking and doesn't even tickle me

oneightoo
18th October 2007, 07:37 AM
and whats the cost of the base spec model?

rjastra
18th October 2007, 08:35 AM
and whats the cost of the base spec model?

base model = $24500.

oneightoo
18th October 2007, 09:38 AM
so you get a brand new car, with awd, good power, for under $25k..

seems like a good deal to me, who cares about the plastics..

Apex
18th October 2007, 09:42 AM

My thoughts exactly, people are hardly going to expect Premium grade materials in a car for that price!

Looking at the specs on this car it should be the market leader!

Wraith
18th October 2007, 09:45 AM

Agree...

If you look at what you get for the cost and then compare to everything else on the market, it's not that bad at all !!

I'm sure if it didn't have AWD, it would have a better quality interior instead to justify the cost, it all depends what an individual buyer is looking for ;)

rjastra
18th October 2007, 09:57 AM

Problem is you can get a Lancer (for example) with similar equipment for $3000 less. After a brief comparison of both and the Show I would rate the interior of the Lancer higher in design and quality than the Impreza.

Depends if AWD is worth $3000 to you? Hardly necessary on a 100kw engine I would have thought if ESP/VSC is standard. ;)

nz-sri
18th October 2007, 10:05 AM
The problem i have with it ,is its the same plastics in the WRX , and after all you do have to look at the interior when you drive the thing , 4wd aside its a cheep car inside and at 42k Kiwi theres better for your money.

Apex
18th October 2007, 10:35 AM
The problem i have with it ,is its the same plastics in the WRX , and after all you do have to look at the interior when you drive the thing , 4wd aside its a cheep car inside and at 42k Kiwi theres better for your money.

Like an tuned Astra SRI-T??? :)

Wraith
18th October 2007, 10:44 AM
Problem is you can get a Lancer (for example) with similar equipment for $3000 less. After a brief comparison of both and the Show I would rate the interior of the Lancer higher in design and quality than the Impreza.

Depends if AWD is worth $3000 to you? Hardly necessary on a 100kw engine I would have thought if ESP/VSC is standard. ;)

The new Lancer is definitely better than the new Impreza, but at the end of the day it all depends on the individual and what they're looking for in a car and how much they want or can afford to spend ;)

btm
18th October 2007, 10:46 AM

but what about resale?? i have no idea about either... but would imagine a Scooby doo would hold value better than a lancer??

bornwild
18th October 2007, 11:26 AM

He actually said it's very sluggish...even for a 100kw engine. Because it has to carry all that extra AWD weight around. And plastics do matter, you spend your time inside ffs...they do matter. And it's 27k on road.

USC
18th October 2007, 12:03 PM
He actually said it's very sluggish...even for a 100kw engine. Because it has to carry all that extra AWD weight around. And plastics do matter, you spend your time inside ffs...they do matter. And it's 27k on road.

A 100KW AWD is a waste of money. Might as well buy a reliable corolla.

oneightoo
18th October 2007, 12:04 PM

save your pennies and buy an audi if it means that much to you..

bornwild
18th October 2007, 12:07 PM
save your pennies and buy an audi if it means that much to you..

Well Holden could be selling the Astra Turbo for under 27k if they stripped the interior of the leather seats and the quality materials as well....;)

In fact, holden employees get the Astra Turbo for around 28k plus on-roads :p:p:p:p

USC
18th October 2007, 12:30 PM
Well Holden could be selling the Astra Turbo for under 27k if they stripped the interior of the leather seats and the quality materials as well....;)

In fact, holden employees get the Astra Turbo for around 28k plus on-roads :p:p:p:p

thats not that cheap...

Apex
18th October 2007, 12:34 PM

Id rather pay full price and not have to work at Holden :p

Shaun
18th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Anyone seen the review in fifth gear?

Tiff said the cheap plastics are horrible, AWD system in a base spec 2.0ltr is useless. Looks like a boring shopping trolley....lawl....he's so right!

Oh and they were giving away a '99 Impreza P1!!!!:D

GIVE UP THE SUBARU BASHING ... You drive an Astra which isnt even turboed FFS. Heres a thought. go and buy your self something with balls then come back and bag it out.

Admin how many more ****ing WRX / Imprezza BASHING threads do we we need. BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT. And for your infomation the new WRX and Imprezza range is not that bad. They are selling well i believe and that what counts. cant be all that bad now can it.

Bornsoft stop being a little pansy ass bitch and grow up .... .

bornwild
18th October 2007, 12:40 PM
Shaun.....:eek: a 26yr old capable of that....I mean...shiiit

Id rather pay full price and not have to work at Holden :p

:D:D:D:D

MatsHolden
18th October 2007, 12:42 PM

and?.......

bornwild
18th October 2007, 12:46 PM
and?.......

It's pretty cheap!:p

Shaun
18th October 2007, 12:46 PM
Shaun.....:eek: a 26yr old capable of that....I mean...shiiit

:D:D:D:D

I speak for many people on this forum. You are held in high regard for being a ****ing tool. I dare you to go over to rexnet and bag out the Imprezza. For **** sakes Admin send this knob on a holiday and do everyone on Opelaus a favor.

How many more time do you need to start a new thread on the same bullshit topic . You have no respect what so ever for other makes or brand. You have no clue of what your talking about as its been proven time after time and you still dont get the HINT.

So im going to put it in PLAIN ENGLISH for you. Stop posting shit . The Media opinon is exactly that. Go and drive one then Pass Judgement. Clearly Subaru have changed there image on the WRX and Imprezza Models. They have done it to crack the European Market. Its call following Market trends. They may loose 5 % of the past clients.but they will gain a market in the world they havent been able to sell into that well.

Vectracious
18th October 2007, 12:49 PM
and that'll just about do it.....

bornwild
18th October 2007, 12:51 PM
Don't think there's need to lock this thread because of one member stirring something up. I opened it up for discussion in relation to the Fifth Gear test-drive. :)

Vectracious
18th October 2007, 12:52 PM
There is already a thread about the new WRX in General discussion, you can post in that thread.. you didn't need to create another one.