PDA

View Full Version : When Dickheads

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 02:01 PM
When dickheads cut over Double Lines to get into a Pub driveway they hit you :roll:

So im leaving the post office in edgy to go around the block and go home and 2 doors up from the Post office is the pub its a 2 lane road and the right hand lane was full back to the Post ofice (To turn right) and i was driving down the left lane to turn onto the Main road when somewhone in the right lane stopped and let this guy in to turn to the pub (Mine you its DOUBLE WHITE LINES) and he turns in and hits me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/EAK33Y/front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/EAK33Y/frontside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/EAK33Y/wheel.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/EAK33Y/back.jpg

So damage im looking at is
New Front Bar
New Driver 1/4 Panel
New Rear Passenger Panel
Front Drivers Side Mag Fixed

So not what i needed now

Can anyone give me a really good Smash repaiere as ther guy didnt want to go through insaurence and is going to pay me cash so im going to get a new front bar :D

Does anyone know where i can get a diffrent front bar i just need prices so i can tell the car how much they are

oneightoo
16th October 2007, 02:05 PM
bloody idiot.. hope you let the guy know he is a knob..

Tfer
16th October 2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry can't be of assistance here as I am in Qld, but good luck with it all. BTW, very clean Astra you have there :angel:

maloo97
16th October 2007, 02:37 PM
What a fcukwit. If your after a nother front bar you can look at ssv.com.au or talonautostyling.com.au. should find atleast 3 front bar's there. Cheers and good luck.

skulless
16th October 2007, 02:51 PM
i know how you feel. i had the same thing happened to me in my old car and that bastard didnt pay for it. cant claim it thru insurance because there was no witness and he wouldnt take responsibility. nx time i know what to do, call the police and tell them you are hurt :D even if its not over the 3k rule thing in qld

immenotu
16th October 2007, 03:01 PM
That sucks. I know the intersection pretty well, what kind of tosser even tries to turn through the traffic there, what a moron.

Im getting my car repaired atm by Novocastrian Smash Repairs @ Kotara. They havent finished yet so cant comment on the work too much, but service so far is flawless and ive only heard good things about them (got a very tidy new workshop too). Should hopefully be getting it back on Friday so if u havent taken it anywhere by then i can let u know what the work is like.

Good luck with gettin it fixed.

bornwild
16th October 2007, 03:02 PM
i know how you feel. i had the same thing happened to me in my old car and that bastard didnt pay for it. cant claim it thru insurance because there was no witness and he wouldnt take responsibility. nx time i know what to do, call the police and tell them you are hurt :D even if its not over the 3k rule thing in qld

Should have gotten the rego and reported hit&run.:cool:

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 03:24 PM
That sucks. I know the intersection pretty well, what kind of tosser even tries to turn through the traffic there, what a moron.

Im getting my car repaired atm by Novocastrian Smash Repairs @ Kotara. They havent finished yet so cant comment on the work too much, but service so far is flawless and ive only heard good things about them (got a very tidy new workshop too). Should hopefully be getting it back on Friday so if u havent taken it anywhere by then i can let u know what the work is like.

Good luck with gettin it fixed.

Where in newy do you live?

I reported it to Insaurence so they chase the guy for money now

bornwild
16th October 2007, 03:25 PM

I reported it to Insaurence so they chase the guy for money now

So he decided not to pay in cash?!:confused:

immenotu
16th October 2007, 03:27 PM

Im in Hamilton.

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 03:38 PM
Well i dont know how it works

But im getting a newq Front Bar and Angel lights i just have 2 pay the diffrence

Anyone know of websites with astra fron bars besides SSV

oneightoo
16th October 2007, 03:40 PM
www.carshine.com.au

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 04:09 PM
Abit to much those bars $1300 i dont know how much my HBD bar is worth cause i have to pay the diffrence

USC
16th October 2007, 04:17 PM
damn!! soory to hear man! at least u can get the mods at the same time:)

tuzinski
16th October 2007, 04:32 PM
damn that sucks.

this bitch opened her lancer door and it my hit astra, i saw it mind you. (it also left a 5c piece size mark)
i kicked her door panel in!

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 04:33 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get the front bar off as i have never had to do it before

tuzinski
16th October 2007, 04:36 PM
2 screws in wheels arches,
and then 2 clips under it

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 04:38 PM
Do you have to get under the car at all?

bornwild
16th October 2007, 04:47 PM
Do you have to get under the car at all?

Nope......

JasonGilholme
16th October 2007, 05:12 PM
You should get a qoute from holden for a new OEM bumper bar including spray painting. THe qoute will be escessivly high. Take that to the insurance company, get paid, go buy your after market goodies and keep the extra change ;)

Don't forget to include labour as well ;)

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 05:35 PM
Im getting a diffrent bar and angel head lights all i have to pay for is the diffrence

tuzinski
16th October 2007, 05:42 PM
is the front bumper repairable in anyway?
id love to get take it off your hands!! [=

and maybe your front lights!

maloo97
16th October 2007, 05:44 PM
Try this http://www.talonbodystyling.com.au/products/holden/index.htm

poita
16th October 2007, 06:09 PM
also pm cal.16v, not sure if he has any shipments comin in at all.
but he can get some stuff for ya ;)

CNBLU
16th October 2007, 06:09 PM
should try for a SRi T front bar...

EAK33Y
16th October 2007, 06:35 PM
is the front bumper repairable in anyway?
id love to get take it off your hands!! [=

and maybe your front lights!

Nope 3 big ass hole straight the way through

skulless
16th October 2007, 07:41 PM
Should have gotten the rego and reported hit&run.:cool:

well i didnt have comprehensive, went to police, to racq and even to get some legal advice didnt help.

police said they cant do anything because it's under 3000 range, no one's injured and no witness

racq said the other party is not guilty because there is no witness and he is not admitting to his fault!

legal centre said all the best i can get is thru tribunal but doesnt guarantee i'll be able to win in full, most prob half at fault!!

so screw em all and nx time if it happen again, hope it doenst cause it hurts

poita
16th October 2007, 07:50 PM
my parents went through the same sorta thing, other guy not insured.
wouldnt admit fault, they went to www.claimsmadeeasy.com.au
was a little bit more drawn out, but they got there money plus some more.
considering how much these guys make teh other guy must of been in a shit load of debt after wards

btm
17th October 2007, 09:12 AM
Abit to much those bars $1300 i dont know how much my HBD bar is worth cause i have to pay the diffrence

a HBD front bar would be at least $700 from holden i reckon - call them and find out