http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6161/qtr1xe6.jpg

And replaced it with this...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1517/subyzh0.jpg

A few extra kw's never hurt anyone!

SIMid
15th October 2007, 10:38 PM
B4! :eek:

Awesome! :clap:

Well done!! Your gonna love the wet roads ........ if we get any rain!

dieselhead
15th October 2007, 10:38 PM
well, you bought the wrong Astra to start with :)
the SRi Turbo is damn close, power wise, to that Impreza.
Enjoy your new ride mate!

Poogene2001
15th October 2007, 10:43 PM
well, you bought the wrong Astra to start with :)
the SRi Turbo is damn close, power wise, to that Impreza.
Enjoy your new ride mate!

I thought it was a Liberty? :p

And...
Subaru vs. Astra
Maximum power 190kW @ 6400rpm vs 147kW @ 5600rpm

So, I'm not complaining! (picked it up for $15K less than an SRi too)

USC
15th October 2007, 10:51 PM
I thought it was a Liberty? :p

And...
Subaru vs. Astra
Maximum power 190kW @ 6400rpm vs 147kW @ 5600rpm

So, I'm not complaining! (picked it up for $15K less than an SRi too)

well done mate! good purchase! gota love an all wheel drive..even if power was the same, the subaru would be way more fun:p

dieselhead
15th October 2007, 10:57 PM
sorry, not my fault Subaru make all their cars look bloody alike ;) i admit it, i'm simply Subaru blind...

Apex
16th October 2007, 06:07 AM
Nice one!

My brother had one of those (His was a Legacy RS-K B-Spec and had 210+ Factory KW though), went well bar the excess turbo lag and fuel appetite.

Have fun and enjoy!

Tfer
16th October 2007, 08:41 AM
Nice one.... sounded like a great buy! :D

btm
16th October 2007, 08:50 AM
good choice, i like! :)

oneightoo
16th October 2007, 09:16 AM
whack a front mount on, an air flow meter controller and a cat back and you'll kiss goodbye to any turbo lag from the 2nd turbo and say hello to a 170kw beast

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1712/article.html?popularArticle

Wraith
16th October 2007, 09:35 AM
Nice one, well done, I like these cars too :)

182, someone's beaten you to it.........

And as for Astra vs B4, please.....even a VXR would struggle to match up ! and with mods, it's one way traffic, all the B4's way ;)

btm
16th October 2007, 09:58 AM
needs bigger rims though ;)

PaulyJ
16th October 2007, 10:47 PM
Awesome!
Congrats on the new care mate.
Hope its goes well for you.

Vectracious
16th October 2007, 11:09 PM
B4! :eek:

Awesome! :clap:

Well done!! Your gonna love the wet roads ........ if we get any rain!

Hope he went out tonight!! :D

You'll love the AWD poogene, I've had my WRX for almost 2 years now and it still surprises me with the grip it has.

And yes, the fuel economy can be a bit scary for a 4 but if you wanted fuel economy, you would have kept what you had or bought a tractor...err diesel.. :p ;)

Bring it along to a Vic cruise, wouldn't mind some Urabus company!! :D

bornwild
16th October 2007, 11:40 PM
B4=The Cock of all Cock

Poogene2001
16th October 2007, 11:44 PM
B4=The Cock of all Cock

Is that a bad or good comment? :confused:

And yes, I just came home from a quick fang around town.
I like how the lights of the cars behind get small and fade out really really fast... and how 2WD cars need to be careful off the line. It really does take the skill out of launches when the car just grips and goes.
So far, I like it. Does drink heavily though (not that I have been taking it easy).

bornwild
16th October 2007, 11:46 PM
It's a good comment. I've always loved the B4...my favourite Jap car...EVER! :)

Wraith
17th October 2007, 11:05 AM
Great to see your enjoying it........ :)

As 182 has pointed out, it ain't hard to iron out the lag problem and if you mod a little more, you'll have a real performance machine in your hands ;)

If you can afford it, I recommend a visit to your local APS workshop, the transformation they'll do to the motor will leave you with a smile from ear to ear that'll last a very long time and there won't be too many other cars that will be able to touch you :)

Poogene2001
8th November 2007, 10:43 PM
Just an update with some sexier pics.

The car is a rocket. Does 105km/h in 2nd gear.
I stuck a plumb back (silent) BOV on and pulls harder on the 2nd turbo now as there is less backpressure during the switchover.

All in all, I love it.

See my baby here:

http://www.ozliberty.com/forums/myride.php?do=view&id=346

Here is just one example:

http://www.ozliberty.com/forums/images/rides/346/Myride1.JPG

bornwild
8th November 2007, 10:52 PM
I could swear I saw you on high street in Reservoir!!!! Don't know when I just remember that number plate UNA and Subaru Liberty!

Poogene2001
8th November 2007, 10:54 PM
Wasn't me!
I dont even know where Reservoir is!

bornwild
8th November 2007, 10:57 PM
ehhehehehheheee :D ah bugger I've seen that numberplate only don't know where if not Reservoir!

ps. you need to change those rims! Old school BBS just ain't cool no-more :)

Vectracious
8th November 2007, 11:01 PM
get a set that was on the Lib tuned by STi - those rims are/were hot!

http://subaru.com.au/news/images/GT_STI_car.jpg

poita
9th November 2007, 12:21 AM
i still like the BBS rims on it, just a little too small.

Apex
9th November 2007, 07:36 AM
Agreed, the B4 would look the biz on some white 18” or something.
I like old school BBS but only on old school cars.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/sexychevette/bbs.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/sexychevette/crazyshiz.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/sexychevette/gant.jpg

Wraith
9th November 2007, 09:40 AM
Poogene, like i've stated before, your new ride is AWESOME, I'm not surprised your loving it...........

It has a far superior drive and performance and handling to any Astra you could name and looks good too ;)

Wait tili when or if you ever do some serious tuning to the engine (which is easily done with these) then you'll really freak out !!!!! :D

btm
9th November 2007, 10:46 AM
i don't reckon the rims don't look that bad...

rusole21
9th November 2007, 11:07 AM
ive said it before! wise men follow the stars! well done. looks great

here is my foz
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6512/imgp0203vb0.jpg

Wraith
9th November 2007, 01:01 PM
That's a neat looking example rusole... ;)

rusole21
9th November 2007, 01:04 PM
cheers! gettin it tuned soon. cant wait!

InsaneAsylum
9th November 2007, 01:19 PM
I hate you poogene.... so jealous!

if only i could pull of a bank heist

phtm
9th November 2007, 05:39 PM
New ride looks great!

entice
9th November 2007, 06:06 PM
fabulous car.
Wonderful McIntosh Audio, wonderful interior.
My brother had one, same style as yours, when I had my 03 STI.

By no means could it keep up with me, but, compared to the sti and even the wrx, the power delivery was silky smooth

I think you'll find that the fuel economy is inversely proportional to the amount of fun you have... dont forget, its a larger, heavier and AWD car.. so it will drink more.

Dont skimp on fuel, those things love 98 (as I'm finding with the 2.2SRi - 91 just doesnt cut it, unless I add some left over octane pro booster that I have kicking around from track days).
Dont skimp on fuel, and dont worry about pinking. As far as tuners Go, APS is not bad, not the best either. In my experience, they are good with teh single turbo units, but not many people touched teh twin turbo's. Best to have a drive down to STI docklands and have a chat with Vin....

a friend of mine still has one, and changed his BBS's for the later simpler, easier to clean 5 star wheels. I still like the BBS units, they are actually quite a light wheel. Anyway, he loves the sleeper status of his car.. but then again, he's rebuilt his with a 2.5L bottom end that has been bored out to 2.7, single turbo (aeasier to manage - he uses M800 Motec), and a custom gearbox. Very nice street sleeper....

Always loved the B4.. really love the GT-B spec, and absolutely wanted an STI Lib Wagon.. but were NLA when I needed a wagon....

congratulations on a brilliant buy..

oh, PS, dont muck around with teh rear muffler unless you go aftermarket ECU.. it has a vane or adjustable baffle....

lampshade
10th November 2007, 12:07 AM
M8 I/we was soooo close to trading in the Vxr for a scooby STI today it was unreal:cool: IMO you have a better handeling car than an EVO:eek:

If only you could get an Astra without the transmission losses of a Subaru:(

EL BURITO
10th November 2007, 03:22 AM
M8 I/we was soooo close to trading in the Vxr for a scooby STI today it was unreal:cool: IMO you have a better handeling car than an EVO:eek:

trade the falcon in on the Scooby

Wraith
12th November 2007, 12:50 PM

Which model Sti Lampshade ???

For you to want to trade 'your' VXR that says something about just how good they are !!!

You'd get plenty of arguing about a Sti being a better handler than an Evo though LOL :)

gman
12th November 2007, 07:18 PM
Evo is a better track car...STi is a better car to actually live with everyday and drive hard on a standard (read sub-standard) aussie road...Owned an STi, driven the Evo 6.5 TME at Wakefield and the Evo 9 for a week. Defiantly could live with the STI as the daily driver.

And as for fuel consumption, my old STi with a 2.3lt stroker would chew through a tank full in 96km with the boost turned right up (1.93 bar or 29psi) and the foot down....Glad I'm not paying for that anymore.. ;)

bornwild
13th November 2007, 12:45 AM
Evo is a better track car...STi is a better car to actually live with everyday and drive hard on a standard (read sub-standard) aussie road...Owned an STi, driven the Evo 6.5 TME at Wakefield and the Evo 9 for a week. Defiantly could live with the STI as the daily driver.

And as for fuel consumption, my old STi with a 2.3lt stroker would chew through a tank full in 96km with the boost turned right up (1.93 bar or 29psi) and the foot down....Glad I'm not paying for that anymore.. ;)

Holy crap....what was the tank on that thing?

Wraith
13th November 2007, 10:03 AM
It's been mentioned numerous times about just how thirsty hi-po turbo 4 potters are !!!!

I keep telling people this when they keep bringing up the "V8 drinks heaps of petrol "topic....

I've had/owned both and am astounded by the high fuel burn of turbo 4 potters, compared to a large displacement V8, even stock standard ones like the new Mazda 3 MPS, a good friend of mine has one and struggles to get more 300km from a tank, excersising the right foot periodically of course...

That's about on par with a typical and much bigger/heavier 250-260kw LS1 powered Commo... !!

You can get good economy, but you've got to drive em with a light foot most of the time to do so.

gman
13th November 2007, 01:13 PM
Holy crap....what was the tank on that thing?

From memory the tank was about 65lt or so....

If I was careful (read drove normally) and had the boost at about 1.1 to 1.3bar, it would do about 350 to 450km a tank.

But as soon as the boost went up, to fuel consumption went up accordingly...I tried to lean the tuning up a bit, at 11.5 to 12.5 A/R on WOT and 13 to 14 A/R on cruise, it was a lean as I dared to make it...

I suppose, 2.3+lts, 29psi boost and a heavy foot isn't environmentally friendly...

Should have called it the Exxon Valdez maybe... ;)