PDA

View Full Version : Bodykit Installation

skulless
15th October 2007, 05:49 PM
Guys, does anyone know why the dealer needs 2 days to put in my bodykit and spoilers? I am now without a car for 2 days, but they apparently is going to supply me a service car for the time being.

This all happened so quickly after waiting for almost 2 months for them to arrive from belgium, so I was told!! :mad: I send them a nasty email to their IT department head whom we have business relations with because of waiting endlessly. But the General Manager of the company happen to walk into my company last friday and I told him that I was being pushed around and no one could confirm where my parts are. He immediately call his service manager and mention we have very good business relations and voila, got a call today confirming all the parts are in. I wonder why I need to resort to such action to get their ass moving. :rolleyes: next time i know who I need to call

xplosv57
15th October 2007, 06:01 PM
So what car do you have and is this a genuine kit??

2 days for a bodykit sounds about right, first of all, the dealer has other work to do other than your car, plus if things need to be glued on, they would need time to secure hence the 2 day waiting period!!!

Best to wait an extra day and get it done properly rather than rush them to get it done in 1 day and have issues afterwards!

SaInT
15th October 2007, 07:34 PM
Ya Talon quoted me 1.5 days, from 7am the first day. Mainly cause i am having a custom rear skirt molded on, but its not always as simple as snapping it on, screwing it in :)

They need to sometimes bend / remold the kit to fit properly. I wouldn't want them to rush on something as vital as a face lift on my car :)

Who are you using? obviously not talon, as you are in Brissy.

USC
15th October 2007, 07:50 PM
mate 2 days is not long at all to install a full bodykit...is it already painted?

Just the installation might take 2 days as you have to wait for the glue to cure.

I have the GM instructions on how to install a whole body kit to an astra AH and trust me, it is very involved!

first, u cant paint the part where the glue goes. second u have to mask the double sided tape, third, u have to fill in and fix any imperfections in the moulding.

Installation itself involves cleaning, marking position, glueing and waiting for at least 12 hours before you can drive!

so stop whinging, be patient and let them do it correctly and u`ll be happy with the results. if u rush them and they **** up, ur whole car will be ****ed and the glue is impossible to remove without damaging paint.

USC
15th October 2007, 07:52 PM
Ya Talon quoted me 1.5 days, from 7am the first day. Mainly cause i am having a custom rear skirt molded on, but its not always as simple as snapping it on, screwing it in :)

They need to sometimes bend / remold the kit to fit properly. I wouldn't want them to rush on something as vital as a face lift on my car :)

Who are you using? obviously not talon, as you are in Brissy.

there is no such thing as bending or remould for a genuine GM bodykit. It will fit perfectly.

R3N
15th October 2007, 08:27 PM
there is no such thing as bending or remould for a genuine GM bodykit. It will fit perfectly.

I think he was referring to his kit, stating that it was custom and was going to be moulded into the bar

skulless
15th October 2007, 08:29 PM
it is a genuine body kit, im happy to wait for 2 days but just needed to confirm it cause you know alot of dealers like to tell stories. they are giving me a service car while i wait for it

USC
15th October 2007, 08:38 PM
yeh i know what you mean;) . Genuine kit is held by a few clips/screws but mainly glue (same stuff as you use to glue the windscreen on).

send us some pics once its done:D ..ur baby is gona be hot!!

Also, dealer will get someone in to do the job or send your car to a panel shop..they dont usually have technicians on site for body work.

R3N
16th October 2007, 04:11 AM
the glue is a urethane based glue, the black sticky stuff

skulless
16th October 2007, 09:20 AM
well the holden dealer said hsv is going to do it, apparently holden doesnt have the skill to do it?? yeah mate, will post up some pics after i've got my suspension done as well :D

skulless
18th October 2007, 12:29 AM
rather than to start a new topic, i booked in my car today and got a replacement car....it's the astra diesel, gosh, i'm amazed by the power of this beast. it's abit lag in power compare to the petrol but once you press the sport mode, OMG, it beats my 1.8 flat out. the rev and throttle makes me jealous, one downside tho was the engine noise. wonder what would happen if thats a sri-t or vxr

maybe a good time to remap my 1.8 :D

cbrmale
18th October 2007, 08:19 AM
The Astra diesel engine isn't the quietest around, but all diesels make clatter to some extent. I had a Puegot diesel hire car in France earlier this month, and really loved the effortless torque and the way I could change up at 2,000 climbing a grade. But, by the end of the day I was getting sick and tired of the noise and was glad to hand it back. Filling it up on the way back to Hertz was a dirty, greasy affair too.

sooty
20th October 2007, 07:51 PM
You get used to the noise, just wind the window down and listen to the spool instead...or turn the stereo up louder :D

I'm looking at getting the genuine kit too...how much did having it fitted and painted plus the actual kit end up costing?

Will love to see pics when it's done as i'm still not sure whether to go genuine or ICC tuning..

USC
21st October 2007, 02:17 AM
You get used to the noise, just wind the window down and listen to the spool instead...or turn the stereo up louder :D

I'm looking at getting the genuine kit too...how much did having it fitted and painted plus the actual kit end up costing?

Will love to see pics when it's done as i'm still not sure whether to go genuine or ICC tuning..

Genuine will look neater and increase value of your car instead of decreasing value.

The spool is cool but at the lights, its very embarassing hearing the diesel engine...;)

skulless
23rd October 2007, 02:21 PM
Genuine will look neater and increase value of your car instead of decreasing value.

The spool is cool but at the lights, its very embarassing hearing the diesel engine...;)

i second that, i took the diesel car for 2 days and fully tested it out on the freeway, it was good on power and torque but the noise wouldnt cut it for me.

the kit cost me about 2k including fitting and labour plus the spoiler too

USC
23rd October 2007, 10:57 PM
i second that, i took the diesel car for 2 days and fully tested it out on the freeway, it was good on power and torque but the noise wouldnt cut it for me.

the kit cost me about 2k including fitting and labour plus the spoiler too

2k is a very good price mate...spoiler itself cost about $400 primed!!

sooty
24th October 2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah according the the website the kit is just over $1300 primed and the spoiler is a tad over $400....so you're getting fitting and painting for $300....that's a bargain if ever i've seen one lol

Chuck some pics up when you're done if you can, i'd be really greatful :D

USC
24th October 2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah according the the website the kit is just over $1300 primed and the spoiler is a tad over $400....so you're getting fitting and painting for $300....that's a bargain if ever i've seen one lol

Chuck some pics up when you're done if you can, i'd be really greatful :D

oops...$400 is trade price :) a bit less than that actually.....its great to have mates in spare parts...haha

USC
24th October 2007, 03:40 PM
Also, you might need a new aerial base when u install the spoiler as when u open the boot, it will hit the antenna....u could get the cool sri-t ones..they have a large base and looks good...they are about $120 from holden. They are a pain in the but the change though...but I know how to do it without wrecking anything....:D ...i got experience on wrecked astras...and i charge premium to anyone to wants to know.

skulless
24th October 2007, 06:08 PM
lol. i havent open my boot yet. yes i do notice they are strangely too long for a hatch. 120 for an aerial, is abit excessive.

yeah, for that amount, i know i could get aftermarket kits but it might not increase my resell value nx time.

i will post up some pics after my lowering is done nx week. promise before and after shots. HUGE difference:D

USC
24th October 2007, 06:41 PM
lol. i havent open my boot yet. yes i do notice they are strangely too long for a hatch. 120 for an aerial, is abit excessive.

yeah, for that amount, i know i could get aftermarket kits but it might not increase my resell value nx time.

i will post up some pics after my lowering is done nx week. promise before and after shots. HUGE difference:D

lol...I bought one as I thought it came with a clip that I needed but turned out that the clip is part of the wiring harness which i got from wreckers...u can have my previous aerial base for a very small amount if you like...pm me if u r interested...:)

The aerial base does not make the aerial shorter, it just locates it further away from tailgate so your spoiler dont hit it when you open the boot. I guess you could just buy a short aerial.

sooty
27th October 2007, 03:54 PM
i will post up some pics after my lowering is done nx week.

Don't forget to take some in between shots with the kit on but not lowered :D Just so i can see exactly whether or not it looks like i'll need the eibachs...