PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

boo81
15th October 2007, 10:24 AM
Hey how are you all going - I have been looking on this site for a couple of weeks now and thought it was time I said HI :)

I live in Adelaide and have a Black 05 AH Astra CDX which I have been umming and ahhing as to if I should keep it and work on it or trade it in on a WRX or something a bit quicker... but I have come to the conclusion that I will keep it and just get a bike as a toy :D

I don't have much of an idea when it comes to cars, but here are some of the things I was thinking about doing to my Astra are:

- Put a new twin exhaust system in with twin tips on both side (has seen it on one getting around Adelaide and it looks awesome!). One thing I am not sure about though is what sort of sound it will produce. Any ideas?

- Put some nice rims on it. Not sure what size I can go to or even what stud pattern etc I can get??

- Lower it? again I dont know how low I can go with it, but I am guessing it will depend on the size wheels I put on it?

- Replace the back lights from the frosted indicators to the clear ones and also change the front grill.

- Make it a bit quicker without hurting the hip pocket too much. No idea what I can do to make it happen though...

Now this is a bit of a wish list, and I dont have much of a clue about where to start or what costs will be involved! so any help or recommendations would be awesome!

btm
15th October 2007, 10:54 AM
welcome to the site boo81

bike as a toy sounds like a good option ;)

EL BURITO
15th October 2007, 12:05 PM
hi mate

plans sound good

missxc
15th October 2007, 12:39 PM
Hi fellow RADelaidian!

oneightoo
16th October 2007, 08:29 PM
lol booby.. nice

welcome :)

Tfer
17th October 2007, 09:09 AM
Tehe 182 ;)

Welcome boo81 to Opelaus and enjoy your time here.... please use the search function in the Astra section for probably most if not all of the information you are seeking here.

I am sure a number of our more knowledgeable members here will gladly assist you :angel:

Calibrated
17th October 2007, 11:22 AM
Nice username :D:D:D

- Put a new twin exhaust system in with twin tips on both side (has seen it on one getting around Adelaide and it looks awesome!). One thing I am not sure about though is what sort of sound it will produce. Any ideas?
hmmm, depends on what size exhuast and what tips you put on. most exhuast shops will be able to "tune" to a sound you prefer

- Put some nice rims on it. Not sure what size I can go to or even what stud pattern etc I can get??
18's or 19's no problem

- Lower it? again I dont know how low I can go with it, but I am guessing it will depend on the size wheels I put on it?
Eibach 30mm

- Replace the back lights from the frosted indicators to the clear ones and also change the front grill.
if you want an Opel grill, let me know, i will be bringing some Opel stuff back with me in January

- Make it a bit quicker without hurting the hip pocket too much. No idea what I can do to make it happen though...
there's plenty you CAN do, but not much that wont void your warrenty

boo81
17th October 2007, 11:26 AM
Nice username :D:D:D

haha I was wondering what people were on about with the 'nice username' comments.... Only just got what you were talkin about! LoL

That is just a coincidence... It's just a nickname I got from the footy boys years ago and the 81 is the year of birth... Man I wish I was that creative though! haha or maybe I am, but just didn't know it... LoL

missxc
17th October 2007, 11:28 AM
Ha Ha!
Well obviously there are some sick minded people on here who look into things too much!

boo81
17th October 2007, 11:30 AM
Ha Ha!
Well obviously there are some sick minded people on here who look into things too much!

HAHA yeah clearly!

ps - I have put in a friend request on myspace for you :)

missxc
17th October 2007, 11:34 AM
Sorry off topic.....
So you do. I went to school with Talia.

btm
17th October 2007, 12:46 PM

on opelaus??? surely not :rolleyes: :p

missxc
17th October 2007, 12:48 PM
Ha Ha, well at least oneightoo as he was the first to notice it.

oneightoo
17th October 2007, 01:06 PM
sick minded? riiiight..

work on your observation skills..

Calibrated
17th October 2007, 01:07 PM
Ha Ha, well at least oneightoo as he was the first to notice it.
coz he read the thread before i did :p

missxc
17th October 2007, 01:39 PM
sick minded? riiiight..

work on your observation skills..

My observation skills are just fine thank you.

oneightoo
17th October 2007, 01:44 PM
i guess mine are just better hey :p

missxc
17th October 2007, 01:48 PM
i guess mine are just better hey :p

Must get better with age....

Sorry, back on topic...

oneightoo
17th October 2007, 02:04 PM
lol, cheap shot, but i'll pay that..