PDA

View Full Version : Speaker / Door Rattle

Wynnston
14th October 2007, 02:41 PM
Hey,

Ive got an 07 AH Sri 5Door Astra.

Whenever the sound system is cranked up it seems to rattle around the elec window switch on the drivers side, as soon as i put my hand around the area it goes away. This usually only occurs on songs with a bit of bass.

Dose anyone else have this problem. If so how did you cure it?

thanks in advance

P.S. Its the 80w CDC30MP3 (Nothing special).
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

low astra
14th October 2007, 02:50 PM
pull out the switch have a look at how its clipped in place the pack it so it fits nice

Wynnston
14th October 2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone know how to remove the switch?

Wynnston
14th October 2007, 03:46 PM
Don't worry actually I managed to work out how to get it out.

Thanks for the help

USC
14th October 2007, 04:06 PM
get some foam tape from bunnings and stick it around the enclosure for the switch and put it back on....that should stop rattling!

GreyRex
15th October 2007, 12:15 PM
I had the exact same problem in my AH Astra, when new. The round electric mirror toggle switch rattled like crazy. When i put my finger on it it always stopped. Repaired under warrantly and fixed.

USC
15th October 2007, 02:08 PM
I had the exact same problem in my AH Astra, when new. The round electric mirror toggle switch rattled like crazy. When i put my finger on it it always stopped. Repaired under warrantly and fixed.

yeh, they probably superglued it.....:p

GreyRex
16th October 2007, 08:36 AM
yeh, they probably superglued it.....:p

No, they replaced it. I get on well with the Service Manager at the dealership I go to.

USC
16th October 2007, 11:31 AM
No, they replaced it. I get on well with the Service Manager at the dealership I go to.

cool! it was probably a cracked clip then...thats why it was rattling...

i was only joking when I said superglue...hehe..but I have seen some horrors done with superglue to brand new cars....