PDA

View Full Version : New Mondeo pricing

cdxi
12th October 2007, 10:18 AM
Ford is launching the Mondeo at $29 990 for the base LX sedan and hatch, $34 990 for the Zetec models, $37 990 for the TDCi and $41 990 for the XR5.

They've all got pretty fat equipment lists, with all bar the XR5 standard with 6-speed auto.

If Ford can source the Mondeo at such value, why can't Holden bring us the 2008 Vectra/Insignia for around the same prices?

These Mondeos make the $50K launch of the CDXi Vectra look like a huge rip-off.

tuzinski
12th October 2007, 10:29 AM
are the new mondeo's comming to aus?
damn nice, my mum had a 97 mondeo, it was gun!!

looks like shes going back to ford :mad:

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 10:31 AM
yes they are coming to aus..

check out www.ford.com.au

Calibrated
12th October 2007, 10:34 AM
If Ford can source the Mondeo at such value, why can't Holden bring us the 2008 Vectra/Insignia for around the same prices?

because holden would rather rebadge korean crap.

O.T: the new mondeo looks great. love the profile of the hatch.

tuzinski
12th October 2007, 10:37 AM
hmm the back looks cheap, looks alot like a Renault.

the new falcon looks amazingly very similar!
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/2008falconcgi.jpg

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 10:42 AM
isnt the mondeo the highest selling car in europe? or is it just the uk..

either way, they seel shitloads of them.. that might have something to do with why they are reasonably priced..

it's great car, great value for money, looks good, it'll sell well in aus..

SIMid
12th October 2007, 11:04 AM
Seen them on the road every morning, including the Focus convertible.

bornwild
12th October 2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah the Mondeo is a great car, I'm gonna drive the XR5 version tomorrow or on monday. My old man has ordered the TDCi a month ago. It's the best selling car in Europe. :)

Because GM doesn't care about quality, rather about quantity. Ford is a bit different since it's brains are located within Europe, whereas GM's brains are all in the US.

Apex
12th October 2007, 01:29 PM
These cars are brilliant, I drove the poverty pack model about a month ago and was well impressed, the brakes and steering were a class above my poor old Astra!

Is there a Turbo model out already??

USC
12th October 2007, 01:31 PM
These cars are brilliant, I drove the poverty pack model about a month ago and was well impressed, the brakes and steering were a class above my poor old Astra!

Is there a Turbo model out already??

hm....lots of good cars around..mondeo, new lancer, new mazda 6....

Black Nugget
12th October 2007, 10:37 PM
Ford is a bit different since it's brains are located within Europe, whereas GM's brains are all in the US.

ummm don't think you can really say that seeing that ford started in america and still do that whole truck thing and numerous brands of same car ala GM like mercury lincoln, staurn, Chevy Cadillac, GMC.

That said both euro divisions of gm and ford are pretty unique.

bornwild
17th November 2007, 02:51 PM
That said both euro divisions of gm and ford are pretty unique.

They're independent of the rest of Ford/GM.

Today I drove the TDCi version with the 6sp auto....Bloody hell!

Such a nice car!! The power from that diesel engine is phenomenal, heaps of torque between 2000 and 3000rpm. It feels like you have a V6 under the bonnet. I have a few reservations though.

Some of the trim could have been better but it can't get any better for the price you pay. Also, the power steering has too much power for my liking.

Great car, shame I don't have the funds to buy it otherwise it'd be sitting in my garage right now.