PDA

View Full Version : Škoda is Back!

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:28 AM
Just noticed that Skoda is back...and bloody good!!!

They have some serious value here! The Octavia RS with a 6sp Manual sets you back only $37k!!!! The 2.0TDI with 6sp DSG at $36k!!!

http://webwombat.com/motoring/news_reports/skoda-octavia-roomster.htm

EDIT: All cars covered by a 3year/unlimited km warranty, now that's the shit :D

oneightoo
11th October 2007, 11:31 AM
ugly and plain.. that roomster looks ridiculous..

designed by muppets..

but cheap..

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:32 AM
ok roomster is fugly but Octavia looks the biz.

oneightoo
11th October 2007, 11:33 AM
ya think so??

it just looks plain to me..

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:34 AM
ya think so??

it just looks plain to me..

I love the way the Octavia looks....plus it's a Passat under the skin...can't go wrong. The Octavia certainly looks better than any other car in it's segment sold in AU :D

btm
11th October 2007, 11:35 AM
octavia looks like a volvo front with a VW passat rear for the silver one and a saab rear for the blue wagon

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:37 AM
How's that look like a Volvo front?
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/skoda-octavia-3-big.jpg

poita
11th October 2007, 11:39 AM
octavia, yay another 4 door sedan for the aus market
just wat we need.
and teh roomster, well umm wtf!

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:40 AM
Nah we need more utes and big 6.0l V8 commodores and falcons.....stuff sensible cars that make sense....bring on an Octavia V8!!!! :D

poita
11th October 2007, 11:41 AM
are you feelin ok bw?
i think youve lost the plot :p:p

oneightoo
11th October 2007, 11:43 AM
we need more 3 wheelers..

btm
11th October 2007, 11:47 AM
How's that look like a Volvo front?
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/skoda-octavia-3-big.jpg

like this... just different headlights IMO

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3043/volvono2.jpg

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:49 AM
Only similarity there is that the front grill flows back in a V-shape to make up the bonnet.

Though, the Volvo bonnet isn't restricted to this V-shape.....quite different really

Wraith
11th October 2007, 11:53 AM
mmmm, interesting...

They do seem to be good value for money and have nice mechanicals, but I really don't like the look of them...

It always comes down to that for car entusiasts, it can be a good or great car, but if it's just plain fugly, you'll never own one...

btm
11th October 2007, 11:55 AM
well in my opinion, volvo was the initial reaction my brain came to when i first saw the picture

even the side lines and window and roof line curves look similar to me - but that may be just me

bornwild
11th October 2007, 11:56 AM
Check it out in RS trim :D

rjastra
11th October 2007, 11:57 AM
Its actually based on the Golf/Jetta chassis :) If i am not mistaken the Sedan is actually a hatchback.

The AWD TDI wagon would be good for all you ski-bunnies ;)

The RS Wagon would be a good Liberty GT wagon competitor.

bornwild
11th October 2007, 12:02 PM
I think it says somewhere there that the AWD option is to be added later on :(

MK
11th October 2007, 12:54 PM
i like Skoda (personal choice) even the Roomster. So far all Skodas released have been on my choice list. I drove few of them and they are a good quality cars.

Apex
11th October 2007, 01:14 PM
Just noticed that Skoda is back...and bloody good!!!

They have some serious value here! The Octavia RS with a 6sp Manual sets you back only $37k!!!! The 2.0TDI with 6sp DSG at $36k!!!

http://webwombat.com/motoring/news_reports/skoda-octavia-roomster.htm

EDIT: All cars covered by a 3year/unlimited km warranty, now that's the shit :D

Thats good value. Mate of mine has one and I can attest to these being very nice wagons!

dieselhead
11th October 2007, 01:19 PM
let's not forget Skoda was voted the no. 1 brand by over 70,000 Top Gear fans. interestingly VW, their masters, came 19th!
they are great cars, very good quality for about 10-15% less than their equivalent VW model. that AWD Octavia diesel wagon is a gem of a car imho.

what's bad is that we don't get the Fabia, possibly because the demand is too high in Europe for Skoda to cope with. what a great little car that is!

bornwild
11th October 2007, 02:16 PM
what's bad is that we don't get the Fabia, possibly because the demand is too high in Europe for Skoda to cope with. what a great little car that is!

I agree!!! And all the Asian carmakers are shitting their pants right now 'cause a quality product is predating their price-range.

Viva la Skoda

Vectracious
11th October 2007, 02:37 PM
Always liked the Octavia.

Apex
11th October 2007, 02:59 PM
let's not forget Skoda was voted the no. 1 brand by over 70,000 Top Gear fans. interestingly VW, their masters, came 19th!
they are great cars, very good quality for about 10-15% less than their equivalent VW model. that AWD Octavia diesel wagon is a gem of a car imho.

We have never lost Skoda on this side of the ditch and we have had the Fabia for years?? Had never noticed you guys didnt get them

Im in a Euro car club and few guys have the Octavia RS with some hot maps, bov's, intakes and what not, they sound and go well

bornwild
11th October 2007, 03:18 PM
We haven't had Skoda's at all for a few decades if I'm not mistaken :(

EL BURITO
11th October 2007, 05:44 PM
we need more 3 wheelers..
YES..............................

EL BURITO
11th October 2007, 05:47 PM
We haven't had Skoda's at all for a few decades if I'm not mistaken :(
correct.........

SIMid
11th October 2007, 08:51 PM
I can vouch as well for the Skodas. Mate in Malay has one for a few years with the turbo 20V engine and she moves alright! Has excellent build quality thanks to VW. Perfect for those who don't want to be showing off and keep it under the radar.

Apex
12th October 2007, 05:29 AM
I can vouch as well for the Skodas. Mate in Malay has one for a few years with the turbo 20V engine and she moves alright! Has excellent build quality thanks to VW. Perfect for those who don't want to be showing off and keep it under the radar.

Thats the same donk as in the Mk4 GTI Golf with a slightly larger turbo trim. The new generation runs the Mk5 GTI engine.

RobotWarrior
12th October 2007, 05:41 AM
well in my opinion, volvo was the initial reaction my brain came to when i first saw the picture

even the side lines and window and roof line curves look similar to me - but that may be just me
Nah! I thought it was an ovloV too mate! Its definately got the last chicken in the shop look though!:D

Ishley
12th October 2007, 07:40 AM
To me the rear of the Octavia looks like the Viva.... I think it would be just like buying a cheap VW.

Agreed very plain looking. Doesnt stand out in any way.

Hackstra
12th October 2007, 07:49 AM
ugly and bland....buy something else

SIMid
12th October 2007, 08:23 AM
ugly and bland....buy something else

Yeah, an i30. :p

rjastra
12th October 2007, 08:42 AM
Had a look at the Skodas last night.

Interior quality matches VW though not detailed to the same extent.

Lots of room and a huge boot. Would suit a family.

top spec RS turbo is $1000 cheaper than the cheapest 3 door Golf Gti.

btm
12th October 2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, an i30. :p

it looks better... that's a start :)

bornwild
12th October 2007, 08:43 AM
To me the rear of the Octavia looks like the Viva.... I think it would be just like buying a cheap VW.

Agreed very plain looking. Doesnt stand out in any way.

Huh?:confused: :confused:
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2005/11/29/28HolViv_leadimage.jpg
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/skoda-octavia-4-big.jpg

Bloody hell....what's next.....it looks like a Mini :D :D :D :D

bornwild
12th October 2007, 08:44 AM
it looks better... that's a start :)

i30 looks better than an Octavia???

btm
12th October 2007, 08:48 AM
i30 looks better than an Octavia???

IMO, yes

Black Nugget
12th October 2007, 08:48 AM
The RS is damn good value for money! 40k for a wagon with 200hp, seating for everyone, pretty decent looks and a european flair.

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 08:52 AM
IMO, yes

+1 :D

bornwild
12th October 2007, 08:52 AM
The RS is damn good value for money! 40k for a wagon with 200hp, seating for everyone, pretty decent looks and a european flair.

And more booty than both the falcon and commodore and a better economy :D

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 08:53 AM
And more booty than both the falcon and commodore and a better economy :D

and looks a helluva lot worse than both, after they've been stolen, joy ridden in, and burned out in an old paddock..

octavia < poo

bornwild
12th October 2007, 08:54 AM
+1 :D

Has anyone noticed that the Octavia has headlights similar to the Bugatti Veyron :D :D :D :D

bornwild
12th October 2007, 08:55 AM
and looks a helluva lot worse than both, after they've been stolen, joy ridden in, and burned out in an old paddock..

octavia < poo

You are Australian after all, ey :D Asian carmakers playing you like puppets:D

Greggy
12th October 2007, 09:00 AM
to be contraversial (sp) the VRs rocks my socks !!

Really like the new one, but much prefer the older one - engine right out of the Audi TT - -HUBBA HUBBA !!!

the coppers in the UK have the VRs as their weapon of choice - very stealthy and VERY tunable - wrong side of 240 - 250BHP easy !!

YES PLEASE :D !

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 09:07 AM
You are Australian after all, ey :D Asian carmakers playing you like puppets:D

if you honestly believe the skoda looks better than the commodore or falcon, then you truely have no taste..

bornwild
12th October 2007, 11:23 AM
They look better than Falcons, no doubt about it....and the Commodore design with those flared wheel arches is getting old quickly.....yeah proportion-wise and design-wise it looks better. It may not be something extravagant nor stand-out but it's a classic design that won't look shit in 10yrs time. :) Then again, this Octavia design is a fair few years old...I think nearly 10yrs(just a little facelift refreshment in 2003 I believe)

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 11:25 AM
bornwild your not by any chance a retired, camry driver? :p

bornwild
12th October 2007, 11:27 AM
bornwild your not by any chance a retired, camry driver? :p

helll noooo...I hate Camrys with a passion!!!:D

oneightoo
12th October 2007, 11:28 AM
hahaha

we'll have to agree to disagree about the styling of this car.. sure some people will like it, i'd say it'll be the blue rinse mob tho..

bornwild
12th October 2007, 11:30 AM
I do prefer the Mondeo :D But hey you gotta admit as well, for the money it looks a shitload better than the Camry or the other competitors! :D

dieselhead
12th October 2007, 11:41 AM
Skoda has European quality and Japanese like reliability at almost Korean prices. Beat that Holden and Ford :)

Ishley
12th October 2007, 03:11 PM
Huh?:confused: :confused:
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2005/11/29/28HolViv_leadimage.jpg
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/images/skoda-octavia-4-big.jpg

Bloody hell....what's next.....it looks like a Mini :D :D :D :D
Your a fool. I meant the sedan/wagon. . . you know the other two varients in the Viva range.