PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the new BP Ultimate Diesel - a first for Perth motorists

EL BURITO
11th October 2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9020205&contentId=7036915

Perth Gets some thing 1st

ntroducing the new BP Ultimate Diesel - a first for Perth motorists
Perth motorists can soon enjoy the benefits of BP Ultimate, in Diesel! This new BP Ultimate Diesel will be rolling out to 40 Perth BP service stations commencing late October.

BP Ultimate Diesel is a premium, high performance diesel fuel formulated to clean your engine to help you get more kilometres per tankful while improving engine performance and lowering CO, CO2 and hydrocarbon emissions.

BP Ultimate Diesel is suitable for all diesel vehicles and has been independently tested to demonstrate benefits with ongoing use compared to ordinary diesel.

BP Ultimate Diesel has been tested in a range of vehicles including passenger cars, SUV’s, LCV’s and utilities. Engine types tested include Direct Injection, Direct Injection–Common Rail, Indirect Injection and Electronic Unit Injection.

NB: Vehicle testing was conducted by Orbital in Australia and at Millbrook proving ground in the UK.
Anti-foaming agent, for a pleasant refuelling experience

BP Ultimate Diesel contains an anti-foaming agent that reduces the foaming that can occur during the refuelling process. This helps you to avoid possible splashback and spillage while lessening the odour commonly associated with diesel fuel, adding to a more pleasant diesel refuelling experience with BP Ultimate Diesel.
Reduced noise, for a more pleasant drive

Noise is a familiar problem associated with diesel engines which can adversely affect your comfort factor while driving. The cetane number of some diesel means the fuel can be slow to ignite and then burns too rapidly, leading to high rates of pressure build up. These poor combustion characteristics can give rise to excessive engine noise and vibration, particularly under cold starting conditions.

As a result of its powerful cleaning properties and high cetane rating, BP Ultimate Diesel can improve diesel engine noise compared to ordinary diesel. BP Ultimate Diesel really can contribute to a quieter drive.

For technical information please contact the BP Fuels and Lubricants Technical helpline on 1300 139 700

To give us your feedback or to find out where you can purchase BP Ultimate Diesel please call the BP helpline on 1300 1300 27

tuzinski
11th October 2007, 08:58 AM
isnt diesel expensive anyway?
do they really thing by making even more expensive people will buy it?

btm
11th October 2007, 09:03 AM
Perth Gets some thing 1st
doesnt WA have the highest amount of diesel cars or something like that? could be why you guys got it first

rjastra
11th October 2007, 09:07 AM
Sydney has Caltex Vortex Diesel which does the same thing.

poita
11th October 2007, 09:10 AM

well i put in bp ultimate petrol over the standard fuel, so i dont see how this will differ.
if you get the gains out of this like you would out of the petrol version, diesels will become unstoppable! lol

digifish
11th October 2007, 10:51 AM
well i put in bp ultimate petrol over the standard fuel, so i dont see how this will differ.
if you get the gains out of this like you would out of the petrol version, diesels will become unstoppable! lol

you know that you can just add BP Diesel GO to standard diesel and it's the same :)

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/australia/corporate_australia/STAGING/local_assets/downloads_pdfs/f/Fuel_news_bp_diesel_go.pdf

Actually Petrol heads can use Diesel go too, at $12.95 for a 1 litre bottle it treats 1000 litres of diesel or 2000 litres of petrol...good value.

digifish

poita
11th October 2007, 11:29 AM
BP unleaded fuels contain the additive CE-1 which acts as a fuel injector cleaner so there is no need to use BP Diesel GO in engines that regularly use BP Regular Unleaded Petrol and BP Premium Unleaded Petrol.

so is it really neccesary? i use ultimate all the time

digifish
11th October 2007, 11:37 AM
so is it really neccesary? i use ultimate all the time

It allows you to wack in a couple of tanks of 'clean-up' dose. And it allows the paranoid motorist to treat fuel from other brands/grades.

digifish

EL BURITO
11th October 2007, 04:59 PM
Think about KMs per L

you get more from a Diesel than from Petrol also there is a different power curve prom a lower reving engine

shoey85
11th October 2007, 07:25 PM

i will give it a go, just to see what the diff is..

dieselhead
11th October 2007, 07:52 PM
yeah, try it and if any good, could please send me 20 litres...
you know what? if you say is much better than ordinary juice I'll just drive to Perth to try it! what's Adelaide-Perth for a CDTi, something like 2.5 tankfulls (120 litres)? :)

shoey85
11th October 2007, 08:15 PM
yeah, try it and if any good, could please send me 20 litres...
you know what? if you say is much better than ordinary juice I'll just drive to Perth to try it! what's Adelaide-Perth for a CDTi, something like 2.5 tankfulls (120 litres)? :)

dunno how many ks???

still get good consumption :p, im still on same tank for the last three weeks!!

dieselhead
11th October 2007, 08:27 PM
Well, the road is 2,700 km long. Assuming the car does 5.0 l/100km, which is easy-peasy when driving interstate on cruise, I would need 27 X 5 = 135 litres. in dollars that's about $185.
wonder if you get better mileage with the wunder juice, enough to justify the price difference.

EL BURITO
11th October 2007, 08:32 PM
think they quote 8.3% in the BP add in my top Gear mag

shoey85
27th October 2007, 10:02 PM
well its officially in perth!!

i feel as though its a bit over rated, the power increase if any is miniscual, however the engine noise durin hard reving the gears seems to have quietened slightly but on idol, its just as knocky as it is normaly.

anti foamong is a definet plus it actually foams up less.

as for the smoke well didnt notice, but seems to have reduced slightly.

and as for milage will let you all know when i refill.

only 3cents pl more @1.40pl for ultimate diesel, think i will give it a few tank fulls b4 totaly dissing it.

digifish
28th October 2007, 11:04 AM
anti foamong is a definet plus it actually foams up less.

How do you notice that? When I fill my car the nozzle is in the hole...you can't see anything?

digifish

shoey85
28th October 2007, 12:48 PM
How do you notice that? When I fill my car the nozzle is in the hole...you can't see anything?

digifish

when i finnish filling and pull the nozzle out all foam usually comes out, mostly just liquid instead

sooty
28th October 2007, 04:39 PM
I use BP's normal diesel here in melb (although i'm not sure whether it's the 50ppm sulfur or the 10ppm) but i've never had any foam whatsoever...just looks like normal petrol....weird...

digifish
28th October 2007, 04:46 PM
I use BP's normal diesel here in melb (although i'm not sure whether it's the 50ppm sulfur or the 10ppm) but i've never had any foam whatsoever...just looks like normal petrol....weird...

Same here in Adelaide...that's why I asked the question. I do tend to wait about 2-5 seconds after stopping before removing the nozzle however.

digifish

bornwild
28th October 2007, 06:43 PM
Maybe diesel don't like Pertheans :p:p:p