PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Jeff
10th October 2007, 04:39 PM
Hello Opel Owners,

I purchased my XC Barina two years ago and am delighted with the car. Also delighted to find the OpelAus site.

So far, 52,000 km of happy driving with no problems, except - had the front pads replaced at 45,000 km at Westpoint Indooroopilly and found they squeaked when stopping from low speed. Naturally, service people said they "couldn't hear the problem", which has, fortunately, almost disappeared (after 7,000km!). I don't think I'll have a dealer service again.

Best wishes to all fellow Barina/Corsa fans.

Jeff

Lt Ketch
10th October 2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome Jeff!

btm
10th October 2007, 05:01 PM
welcome to the site jeff

how did you hear about us??

CJB
10th October 2007, 05:34 PM
hey welcome... so what area of Brissy are you from?

EL BURITO
10th October 2007, 06:23 PM
hello Jeff

bornwild
10th October 2007, 06:53 PM
Howdy mate, welcome to our little commune. :)

Enjoy your stay!!! Lot of threads here about all sorts of common problems and possible fixes so just browse on mate :)

MatsHolden
10th October 2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome mate. In need of new brakes after 45,000? Interesting. I'm just about to tick over 60,000 in mine and still on the original brakes. Wouldn't have thought the 4 wheel disc brakes on mine would have made much difference but maybe they do after hearing that.

bigmick
10th October 2007, 08:18 PM
welcom m8....enjoy

SaInT
10th October 2007, 09:07 PM
i took my astra back at about 25-30k. With the same problem, except holden could hear my problem, replaced them out for free.

Welcome Jeff.

Noir
10th October 2007, 09:09 PM
Welcome to OpelAus Jeff.

Tfer
10th October 2007, 09:47 PM
Welcome to Opelaus Jeff.... enjoy your time here :)

Next time, perhaps try Westpoint at Sumner as they offer Opelaus members trade price servicing, and I have found them quite helpful.

Be sure to check out the Qld Sub Forum for upcoming cruises and events ;)

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Tfer,

Thanks for your welcoming words.
Living in Toowong, I used Westpoint Indooroopilly for its nearness but I'll bear your suggestion in mind.

I'll keep an eye on the Qld forum - just finding my way about at the moment!

Kind regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Noir,

Many thanks for the welcome.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:30 PM
Hello Saint,

Thank you for your welcome to the site.

Fortunately, the brake squeak has almost disappeared now but I still don't think it should have been there in the first place.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:31 PM
Hi Big Mick,

Your welcome is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Mats Holden,

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, and I'm not a lead-foot either! At least they said I needed new pads!

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:36 PM
Howdy, bornwild,

Thank you for the welcome. Looks like a very interesting site - hope I won't need the fixes just yet!

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:38 PM
Hi El Burito,

Nice of you to extend a welcome. I hope your tasks never come to an end!

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:41 PM
Hey Crispy,

Nice to receive your welcoming words. I live in Toowong, the fast-becoming overcrowded part of Bris!

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:47 PM
Hi btm,

Your welcome much appreciated.

Believe it or not, I just found it on Google. A friend said there must be a Barina forum somewhere (but he drives something called a Soarer).

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff
11th October 2007, 08:48 PM
Hello Lt Ketch,

Thank you for your welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Jeff

poita
11th October 2007, 10:07 PM
someone teach this boy how to multi quote :p

tuzinski
11th October 2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome Mate!! :D

OPC
12th October 2007, 12:11 AM
(but he drives something called a Soarer).

Regards,

Jeff

sloooooooooow...

Tfer
12th October 2007, 02:36 PM
Seeing as Poita couldn't be bothered :p I will.....

Jeff, to ,multiquote (in other words to reply to a number of posts), please follow the following:

Click the multiquote button for each post you want to reply to (middle button, bottom right corner of each individual post)
For the last post that you wish to reply to, click on the multiquote button and then the quote button (left button, bottom right corner of the posting)
Your post will contain all posts that you wish to quote, and you can reply to each one within your one post.:D

But

Tfer
12th October 2007, 02:37 PM
But get your brakes checked out, as noise, any noise, is not normally a good thing.

Jeff
12th October 2007, 04:46 PM
Hello Tfer,

Thank you for taking the trouble to set me right. I'm afraid I'm not computer literate and this is the first forum I've visited.

I feel suitably stupid and apologise.

Best regards,

Jeff

reedaaron
12th October 2007, 06:05 PM
don't feel bad Jeff, i've been here for a few years and i hadn't even bothered learning to multiquote :p

missxc
12th October 2007, 06:58 PM
I've just had a service done at 55,000 and I needed new front brakes.
Mines probably due to the fact I never use my gears to slow down. I always think it sounds like the car is in pain.... :(

Welcome mate. In need of new brakes after 45,000? Interesting. I'm just about to tick over 60,000 in mine and still on the original brakes. Wouldn't have thought the 4 wheel disc brakes on mine would have made much difference but maybe they do after hearing that.

Tfer
15th October 2007, 08:56 AM
Hello Tfer,

Thank you for taking the trouble to set me right. I'm afraid I'm not computer literate and this is the first forum I've visited.

I feel suitably stupid and apologise.

Best regards,

Jeff

No worries Jeff, and absolutely no need to apologise... we all have to learn somewhere... happy to help a fellow member :)