PDA

View Full Version : Smashed

missxc
9th October 2007, 10:07 AM
So, Last night I came out of work to find my car like this....

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/missxc/car1.jpg

Myself and the car parked next to me have been victims of bored kids deciding to kick people's windows in. I am thinking they kicked it because there are 4 shoe prints on my bonnet...

Sooooo glad it was only my front window and not the body of my car.

oneightoo
9th October 2007, 10:08 AM
thats ****ed up..

btm
9th October 2007, 10:13 AM
no good at all

little fukers!!!

bornwild
9th October 2007, 10:13 AM
****ing retards...where was it parked? Any cameras?

poita
9th October 2007, 10:14 AM
little fukin mongrels
i wonder wat there heads will be liked after they get kicked in.
wtf is wrong with the youth of today, sheesh

missxc
9th October 2007, 10:24 AM
****ing retards...where was it parked? Any cameras?

It was parked outside the staff entry at work. No camera's and was pretty dark as there are no lights cause work is too scabby to replace the blown blubs..

Getting it fixed now. Didn't bother with insurance as my excess cost more than the actual glass replacement.

wild_calibra
9th October 2007, 10:24 AM
ouch! that McSucks!

bornwild
9th October 2007, 10:27 AM
Far out! I'd go headhunting if it happened to me! CSI: Adelaide!

btm
9th October 2007, 10:35 AM
no dents or scratches on the bonnet?

missxc
9th October 2007, 10:42 AM
Nothing. Just the foot prints- lucky my car was dirty otherwise I would have never figured out how they did it.

bornwild
9th October 2007, 10:49 AM
I reckon, even though they climbed up on the bonnet, they used some sort of bat to smash it in. T

he force they'd need to exert to break your windscreen like that with their foot.....they'd probably break their foot before the windscreen.

tuzinski
9th October 2007, 10:56 AM
holy shit!

yea it looks like something was dropped on the screen, not really kicked.

but damn, thats sucks, i must ask myself being 17 who would go out and do this.
they have have something wrong upstairs!

USC
9th October 2007, 11:08 AM
sh*t heads!! I wana catch those little pr*ks and kick the hell out of them:mad:

what is wrong with people?? seriously...they need better things to do.

EL BURITO
9th October 2007, 11:13 AM
****ing disgusting, complain to your employer to get those lights fixed tell them its a safety concern.
****ing retards this is what happens during school holidays they should be at school every day

bornwild
9th October 2007, 11:17 AM
****ing disgusting, complain to your employer to get those lights fixed tell them its a safety concern.
****ing retards this is what happens during school holidays they should be at school every day

+1

Kid's these days have all that youthsupport shit from centrelink and what do they do? Instead of studying hard for the support they get, they go around doing senseless shit like this.

Their respective parents deserve a hard, haaaard smack as well.

btm
9th October 2007, 11:19 AM
Their respective parents deserve a hard, haaaard smack as well.
cant always blame the parents... although yes, i imagine a majority may have no discipline at home

Noir
9th October 2007, 11:37 AM
cant always blame the parents...

True. Someone however should be held accountable for the actions of their children.
Disgusting to see the extent some will go to damage property for their own amusement.

Wraith
9th October 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm not going to use any F words, but seriously that is a rotten case of bad luck, in the wrong place at the wrong time for sure :(

In cases like this you can't blame people for literally wanting to kill others :mad: I'd say the guilty party/parties are lucky you didn't catch em in the act, I would've done a similar job to their faces with a rock from the ground :mad:

skulless
9th October 2007, 12:34 PM
not making a racist statement, prob some abo or druggie kid's work. those lil scumbags

wild_calibra
9th October 2007, 12:38 PM
do u get 1 free window a year with ur RAC or who eva ur with?

missxc
9th October 2007, 12:41 PM
The insurance company said they would cover the replacement but excess was $400 and I got a quote for $220 to replace it so I didn't bother with insurance.

wild_calibra
9th October 2007, 12:43 PM
damn... i feel sorry 4 ya.. that happens over this way a fair bit.. if u live noth of the river that is :P

btm
9th October 2007, 12:43 PM
using your insurance may only make your excess increase further on down the track

even if the window comes to a few hundred more than insurance excess, i'd still just do it myself

EL BURITO
9th October 2007, 12:54 PM
even free glass isn't really cos they will put your premium up some if only a little

wild_calibra
9th October 2007, 01:01 PM
lol yeah fair enough.. im at work rite now... just had to say,.. BOB the BUILDER is here infront of the 3 store :P lol just on sunday dean guyer was here 2 lol...

so sad..
lol

btm
9th October 2007, 01:47 PM
not making a racist statement, prob some abo or druggie kid's work. those lil scumbags

that's not racist... just stereotypical

could have also quite as easily been some kid with extremely wealthy parents, or it also could have been a middle age guy (or girl for that matter) who was pissed off about something and decided to take it out on the closest thing

unfortunately this closest thing happened to be missxc's car - sorry to hear, good luck with the repairs, i hope it doesn't put you too much out of pocket :)

USC
9th October 2007, 01:56 PM
r u getting genuine windscreen? if you are, it will cost you a little fortune ($400 just for glass)..if not, i think they are only about $250 for an aftermarket one...oh just saw you already got a quote:p

oh also, don tgo anywhere near national windscreen or instant windscreen..they really suck. obrien or any other reputable place will do a good job....i guess it depends on the tehnician too....so get an experienced guy.

missxc
9th October 2007, 01:58 PM
All fixed! Guys just finished and apparently I can drive my car in 1 hour but I think I will let it set for the rest of the afternoon.

Cost $220 all up. I have had quite a few expenses in the last 2 week from that darn car...
Speeding fine- $197
Service and new brakes- $530
New Window-$220.

Getting to be a pricey little car.

Oh and USC I got instant windscreens to do it, they tinted my car and did an alright job. The guys were really nice too.

Tfer
9th October 2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry to see this.... hope it all gets sorted, and shop around for the windscreen.

Have you discussed with your employer.... perhaps some sensor lights should be installed?

USC
9th October 2007, 02:37 PM
All fixed! Guys just finished and apparently I can drive my car in 1 hour but I think I will let it set for the rest of the afternoon.

Cost $220 all up. I have had quite a few expenses in the last 2 week from that darn car...
Speeding fine- $197
Service and new brakes- $530
New Window-$220.

Getting to be a pricey little car.

Oh and USC I got instant windscreens to do it, they tinted my car and did an alright job. The guys were really nice too.

glad to hear it`s all fixed;) instant windscreen is probably better in SA...

the branch in moorabbin hardly have any tools apart from a couple of stanley knives...

yeh, u need to let it cure completely because of airbags... usually 3 hours is enough...depending on what type of glue they used.