PDA

View Full Version : new lancer.

USC
8th October 2007, 10:36 PM
what do u guys think? hm..im not so sure about the back...

CJB
8th October 2007, 10:44 PM
I love it. I think it looks really good, as Ash says much like a Galant at the front, and from the rear is very Mazda 3 to me, only a little squarer.

I think the inside finish looks more refined, more features, I definitely think it's a winner and if I could, I'd get one in a heartbeat!!

It's very aggressive from the front I think, reminds me of a shark!

I like the VR specs too, just below the VR-X and above the ES, at about $27,500 for the VR I don't think it's a bad car at all, and from what I am told it scores very well in the safety testing - I could be wrong.

The CH was extremely popular, as every second person seemed to own one, and I don't think the CJ will be any different.

poita
8th October 2007, 11:04 PM
any picsof the range?

Noir
9th October 2007, 12:57 AM
http://paultan.org/wp-content/concept_x_7.jpg

Noir
9th October 2007, 12:58 AM
http://paultan.org/wp-content/concept_x_6.jpg

R3N
9th October 2007, 01:14 AM
that's the evo 10 amanda

http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2007/09/21/21Lancer_m_m.jpg

this is the normal lancer... although i think its the vrx one

Calibrated
9th October 2007, 08:04 AM
Still looks hot! i wouldnt mind taking one for a test drive to check it out.

i think i saw a black one standing at Mitsubishi Newstead..ill go check it out after work today.

Noir
9th October 2007, 08:37 AM
that's the evo 10 amanda

I like that one.

poita
9th October 2007, 09:20 AM
hmmmm not too bad
our local dealer hqas been advertising them
will be a boit of a do on thursday-saturday
might go have a look.
no intention of buying, just out of curiosity

Wraith
9th October 2007, 09:34 AM
That's the Evo 10 'Concept' Amanda's shown.........not the Evo 10 production car !

Go to my thread on the Evo 10 for heaps of pics of that car :)

As for the new Lancer I like it too, very nice shape and just the right size for a 4 door sedan.

I've read many reviews, all positive and most say it's alot more car than it's price suggests - Mitsubishi have obviously done an excellent job :clap:

Tfer
9th October 2007, 09:37 AM
Looks a bit like the Alfa 156/159 which is not a bad thing ;)

USC
9th October 2007, 09:43 AM
it actually looks good! wouldnt mind one!! I didnt take a good look at the back but it looks really good! damn....i think the astra will have to go now....hahaha

btm
9th October 2007, 09:48 AM
Mitsubishi have obviously done an excellent job :clap:

shame they are going bankrupt

Wraith
9th October 2007, 09:49 AM

It does indeed, rear like an Alfa and front a bit Audish....

On the OzEvo forum I'm a member of, most die hard Evo owners there hate this new Lancer, because of this very fact - that it now looks like a European car...

But both Mitsubishi and Subaru have taken big steps to make their cars more attractive and appealing and it's worked, it's the 1st of their models of both Lancer and Impreza I'd consider buying, would never have considered any of their previous models :)

bornwild
9th October 2007, 10:11 AM
shame they are going bankrupt

That's the Australian branch. Worldwide, they're doing ok.

As for the new Lancer. Reviews say it handles quite nicely and is a quality product. Hot contender for my next car :)

Wraith
9th October 2007, 12:38 PM
Correct Bornwild, it's the Oz car portion of the business only....

Mitsubishi heavy industries are still one of the Worlds largest mechanical producing companies, the Aerospace division alone is in a very strong Global position :)

USC
9th October 2007, 01:38 PM
yep..mitsubishi australia are doing badly with their front wheel drive 380 with an old engine in it (SOHC with no variable valve timing???)

R3N
9th October 2007, 02:17 PM
id take the evo 9 over the x tho purely based on looks

Noir
9th October 2007, 03:23 PM

That was my initial thoughts. Still lacks the style of an Alfa :rolleyes:

btm
9th October 2007, 03:41 PM

i can hear the crickets after that comment.... :D

Calibrated
9th October 2007, 03:46 PM
i quite like the styling of the new lancer. im going to check it out tomorrow. my local dealer has a black one.

USC
9th October 2007, 04:15 PM
apparently, there will be a Ralliart Lancer (149kw) to be released a couple of months after the EVO X next year to match the WRX:D

I definitely want one of those babies!!

Red AH SRI T
9th October 2007, 06:27 PM
it looks great, and has a great features list but i would never buy an Asian car.

bornwild
9th October 2007, 06:29 PM
it looks great, and has a great features list but i would never buy an Asian car.

+1 :)........

CJB
9th October 2007, 06:29 PM
because it has bad breath?
lol

I was half expecting you to slam it, thank you for not doing so :p

I wish I had waited to buy my Lancer now, it's one hot car.

USC
9th October 2007, 07:37 PM

cos u r afraid they r better than u!

Wraith
10th October 2007, 10:17 AM

Sorry to say, but that's one very silly if not totally sad comment.........

They have and are making some superior cars, pity if you you exclude yourself via just shear bias from owning one :rolleyes:

Wraith
10th October 2007, 10:21 AM
apparently, there will be a Ralliart Lancer (149kw) to be released a couple of months after the EVO X next year to match the WRX:D

I definitely want one of those babies!!

I've read this car will have as much as 170-175kw and be priced same as the new Wrx ie: just under 40k :)

I reckon it's going to be a good seller...

It's going to be a BFYB hot contender for sure ;)

bornwild
10th October 2007, 10:47 AM
Sorry to say, but that's one very silly if not totally sad comment.........

They have and are making some superior cars, pity if you you exclude yourself via just shear bias from owning one :rolleyes:

It ain't about that...it's about PATRIOTISM!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

btw, I don't trust people with small eyes :p

USC
10th October 2007, 11:28 AM

I trust people with small eyes and big brains more than big eyes and no brains;) even though people with small eyes are generally rude...hahaha...but japs seem to be nice people...all the ones Ive met anyways.

Wraith
10th October 2007, 11:46 AM

Bornwild, I can always rely on you to bring tears to 'my eyes' with laughter at your posts LOL :D

oneightoo
10th October 2007, 12:18 PM
I trust people with small eyes and big brains more than big eyes and no brains;) even though people with small eyes are generally rude...hahaha...but japs seem to be nice people...all the ones Ive met anyways.

japanese people have the best manners ive ever come across.. if you ever go to japan, you'll be blown away at the standard of thei manners..

Ishley
10th October 2007, 01:57 PM
I love the look of them. Very aggressive at the front. And the specs list is sure to throught the medium car market in a tizzy to keep up with the new Lancer.

But thats what its about. Im more then sure when the new Mazda3, Focus, Astra the next gen Civic and Corolla are released they will have things and improvements over the CJ Lancer. Its now one of the most competitive markets in Australian new car sales.

CJ Lancer will be a winner with the public, on price and specs.

xplosv57
11th October 2007, 08:55 PM
New lancer looks alright, sharp design, Evo looks tops!!! Still wonder though if it will sell big, there are so many good competitors out there with quality cars, see how it goes!!!! :D

As for the new Lancer. Reviews say it handles quite nicely and is a quality product. Hot contender for my next car :)

+1 :)........

I'm confused!!! :p

Shaun
11th October 2007, 09:56 PM
That's the Australian branch. Worldwide, they're doing ok.

World wide they arent going all that well. Daimler (Formally Daimler Chrylser until aweek ago) pulled out of Mitsubishi Car Corparation in a Big way but kept the Mitsubishi Heavy Vehicle side of the company which is now gone back to the Fuso Trucks .

As for the new Lancer i think its a Huge Step forward compared to the last model From the Base model right through to the EVO X.

bornwild
11th October 2007, 10:45 PM
eyyyy Hot Contender with no chance of winning is what I meant :D:D:D:D

Tfer
16th October 2007, 10:50 AM
It does indeed, rear like an Alfa and front a bit Audish....

On the OzEvo forum I'm a member of, most die hard Evo owners there hate this new Lancer, because of this very fact - that it now looks like a European car...

Hillarious! :D

True but a better effort than any other previous examples though :D

i can hear the crickets after that comment.... :D

Muwahahahahhaa :)

rjastra
16th October 2007, 01:39 PM
I would wait for the Lancer Hatchback (is it called sportsback??) in 2008. Every chance it will be that shape they make into the Ralliart version to take on the other hot hatches.

Makes perfect sense. No way a cheap arse can buy a <$40K lancer ralliart and spruke it up to look like a Evo X then is there ;)

Wraith
16th October 2007, 03:29 PM
I would wait for the Lancer Hatchback (is it called sportsback??) in 2008. Every chance it will be that shape they make into the Ralliart version to take on the other hot hatches.

Makes perfect sense. No way a cheap arse can buy a <$40K lancer ralliart and spruke it up to look like a Evo X then is there ;)

Yeh, but as seen with all previous model Evos, nincumpoops will still try to do it with normal Lancer sedans, they're known as Thievos or Stevos LOL :D

bornwild
16th October 2007, 03:30 PM
Yeh, but as seen with all previous model Evos, nincumpoops will still try to do it with normal Lancer sedans, they're known as Thievos or Stevos LOL :D

What shits me is that they actually think their car is only a 'hair' off the performance of a real EVO....:D

Yeah....a bodykit makes it faster :D

Wraith
16th October 2007, 03:40 PM
What shits me is that they actually think their car is only a 'hair' off the performance of a real EVO....:D

Yeah....a bodykit makes it faster :D

I agree, they do act that way don't they.... :rolleyes:

They've brainwashed themselves into thinking that because it looks like an Evo it goes like one too - very sad some people are....

bornwild
16th October 2007, 04:05 PM
And the awful sound when they put a muffler on it....oh God!