PDA

View Full Version : SRi Turbo with VXR Front bar.

MatsHolden
7th October 2007, 11:25 PM
Saw this the other day... no biggy, but thought some might be interested.

http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carpoint/8352666.jpg

Vectracious
8th October 2007, 01:25 AM
The bonnet looks weird, like its not closed properly or something...

btm
8th October 2007, 08:10 AM
it looks really high???

SIMid
8th October 2007, 08:19 AM
Stock height. :p

Apex
8th October 2007, 09:22 AM
It looks like a stock sri with VXR honeycomb and chrome binnacle inserts, I don’t think the whole bumper has been changed as they are the same anyways

USC
8th October 2007, 09:43 AM
The bonnet looks weird, like its not closed properly or something...

thats how they look from factory. look around the headlights and they sit perfectly.

USC
8th October 2007, 09:44 AM
It looks like a stock sri with VXR honeycomb and chrome binnacle inserts, I don’t think the whole bumper has been changed as they are the same anyways

yep..thats what it is. I heard you can buy chrome inserts and honeycomb grille in the UK. overthere,Holden wont sell to non-vxr owners.

Apex
8th October 2007, 10:10 AM
yep..thats what it is. I heard you can buy chrome inserts and honeycomb grille in the UK. overthere,Holden wont sell to non-vxr owners.

Yep I know, I have them fitted to mine!

USC
8th October 2007, 10:20 AM
Yep I know, I have them fitted to mine!

cool! where did u get them from?

Apex
8th October 2007, 11:08 AM
cool! where did u get them from?

From a fellow Kiwi OPELAUS member a while ago, he has fitted them to his also.

Such a difference. they look soo much nicer than the low rent stockies:p

Wraith
8th October 2007, 11:15 AM
That does look nicer than the 'cheap' looking stock fog light surrounds on the AH Sri t ;)

I like the way the chrome all matches up, it's a mis-match on both stock Sri t and VXR....

On the Sri t the foggies don't match the chrome grille and on the VXR those nice chrome fog light surrounds don't match the colour coded grille....

If I had either one of those AH's I'd match it all up like the pic, looks so much better :)

MatsHolden
8th October 2007, 04:56 PM

The extension is actually different. You have to have a keen eye, but they are different. The one I posted above definately has the VXR extension.

Have a look.
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carsales/7996523.jpg

Apex
8th October 2007, 05:03 PM
The extension is actually different. You have to have a keen eye, but they are different. The one I posted above definately has the VXR extension.

Have a look.

Im aware that the lower skirt is different but the bar itself is the same.

Wraith
8th October 2007, 05:04 PM
Yeh, your right Mat, the bottom most part or the lip of the front bar is different, it's more pronounced...centre opening looks deeper too.

MatsHolden
8th October 2007, 05:08 PM
I like the way that, without making it massively different, they've made it more aggressive with some subtle tweaking of a few key lines, beefing and sharpening them up.

USC
8th October 2007, 05:20 PM
Yeh, your right Mat, the bottom most part or the lip of the front bar is different, it's more pronounced...centre opening looks deeper too.

and on each side, the bumper looks like its a bit lower too.

I hate subtle changes like this as people hardly notice them.

R3N
8th October 2007, 05:29 PM
from my observations, the SRiT and VXR bumpers are same bar the lower lip or extension... wonder if that's a seperate part as you can clearly see the overlap

MatsHolden
8th October 2007, 05:38 PM
from my observations, the SRiT and VXR bumpers are same bar the lower lip or extension... wonder if that's a seperate part as you can clearly see the overlap

Yeh that's right. It's a seperate part.

Apex
8th October 2007, 05:43 PM
Im trying to secure front and rear bumper inserts for mine at the moment, parts are cheap as chips but postage is the killer :(

USC
8th October 2007, 06:15 PM
why didnt you just save up a bit more and buy a VXR???and u get the more powerful engine, better looking spoiler, debadged rear, better skirts....and factory paint on all the body kits!!

RudeOne
8th October 2007, 06:33 PM
why didnt you just save up a bit more and buy a VXR???and u get the more powerful engine, better looking spoiler, debadged rear, better skirts....and factory paint on all the body kits!!

Lets not start this discussion for the 1 millionth time!!!

USC
8th October 2007, 07:50 PM
Lets not start this discussion for the 1 millionth time!!!

haha!! i saw a black VXR for sale for $36K at Preston Motors...looks very good!

EL BURITO
8th October 2007, 08:02 PM
because its not available in New Zealand as he already said he would like one

SIMid
8th October 2007, 08:20 PM
That does look nicer than the 'cheap' looking stock fog light surrounds on the AH Sri t ;)

I like the way the chrome all matches up, it's a mis-match on both stock Sri t and VXR....

On the Sri t the foggies don't match the chrome grille and on the VXR those nice chrome fog light surrounds don't match the colour coded grille....

Ditto, seriously wanting to change just the grilles and with the chrome bezel.

Anyone looked into this? Mizled? :p

USC, the only body diff is the front lip, grilles, rear spoiler and rear bar with exhaust extension. Skirts are the same.

USC
8th October 2007, 08:28 PM

USC, the only body diff is the front lip, grilles, rear spoiler and rear bar with exhaust extension. Skirts are the same.

yeh, i meant to say front lip and rear bar. skirts are the same:)

USC
8th October 2007, 08:30 PM
because its not available in New Zealand as he already said he would like one

oh...i didnt know that.

hope he can transform his into a vxr then.:D

Apex
9th October 2007, 06:41 AM
Im getting there, car already goes like a stock VXR (maybe a tad quicker if Motor mags stats are anything to go buy)…Might just give up and leave it as it is!
Go for the Spotlight inserts and surrounds Simon, all up it cost under $80 to buy and sent them over. As far as I know you can buy all the VXR parts from LMF.

SIMid
9th October 2007, 07:36 AM
You have PM TTEETT. :p

GreyRex
9th October 2007, 09:04 AM

Can't be bothered with mine. Too much effort

Wraith
9th October 2007, 09:42 AM
I think it's a good idea to get all the chrome bits matching etc. but dunno about turning an AH Sri t into a VXR.

The only thing you'd have to worry about if you were going to make an Sri t look like a VXR is future re-sale.

People may not be interested in buying a 'fake' VXR...

I suppose it's ok to do if you were going to keep it long term or keep all the bits and return it back to 'normal' if selling.

bornwild
9th October 2007, 10:21 AM
No VXR in NZ?! HAHAHA SUCKERS! :D

GreyRex
9th October 2007, 04:04 PM
How or why did this happen I wonder? Factory mishap, or did someone do it themselves?

btm
9th October 2007, 04:14 PM
How or why did this happen I wonder? Factory mishap, or did someone do it themselves?

i would assume they did it themself

Apex
9th October 2007, 04:29 PM
I wondered that to, he should have been recruited to Opelaus! AH SRI-T’s must about outnumber TS Turbo’s by now :D

I have seen quite a few floating aound Auckland!

btm
9th October 2007, 04:32 PM
he may have done a "late night swap" with a VXR he saw somewhere :D

oneightoo
9th October 2007, 04:33 PM

lol, meanie :D:D

Apex
9th October 2007, 04:36 PM
he may have done a "late night swap" with a VXR he saw somewhere :D

Lol, it wouldn’t be hard, took me all of 1 minute to pull my grill inserts out and swap them…The chin spoiler would take a bit longer!

btm
9th October 2007, 04:39 PM
i'm sure its been done before... wonder how long it would take the other guy to find out that his front bar has been swapped :)

SIMid
9th October 2007, 05:58 PM
How hard was it to remove around the foggies TTEETT?

I was gonna say, maybe it was missing a front bar like the other chap who was missing half the body kitt in Sydney. *LOL*

Apex
10th October 2007, 06:01 AM
You don't need to, the surrounds are just a garnish that sits ontop of the mounted lights

To change them over you simply pull the old one out from the outside of the bumper while still attached, then simply push the honey comb and chrome (two piece) back in.

Apex
10th October 2007, 06:08 AM

I'll get over it ;)
Meh, us Kiwis have a much better selection of vehicles to choose from and they are tones cheaper than you’d pay if you could get them!

I’ll pick up a full noise JDM spec Second-hand (10,000km) EVO-10 for under 50k next year!

USC
10th October 2007, 09:51 AM
I'll get over it ;)
Meh, us Kiwis have a much better selection of vehicles to choose from and they are tones cheaper than you’d pay if you could get them!

I’ll pick up a full noise JDM spec Second-hand (10,000km) EVO-10 for under 50k next year!

damn...me so jealous!!:p

btm
10th October 2007, 10:11 AM
replace 'vehicles' with 'sheep' and this post becomes a whole lot funnier :p

poita
10th October 2007, 11:06 AM
so mean btm, so mean

Wraith
10th October 2007, 11:24 AM
damn...me so jealous!!:p

+1 would love an Evo 10 even with 10,000km on it for only 50k :)

btm
10th October 2007, 01:21 PM
so mean btm, so mean

but oh so funny :D

Apex
10th October 2007, 02:58 PM
but oh so funny :D

:spam:

What is it with Ausi's giving Kiwi's shit about being sheep shaggers?

Here's a joke for you BTM :)

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=258206#post258206

btm
10th October 2007, 03:24 PM
:spam:

What is it with Ausi's giving Kiwi's shit about being sheep shaggers?

Here's a joke for you BTM :)

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=258206#post258206

hahahaha, nice work TTEETT... nothing better than a kiwi that can take the piss out of his own kind purely for the sake of making someone else laugh :D

top work :clap:

Shaun
10th October 2007, 09:27 PM
Im aware that the lower skirt is different but the bar itself is the same.

Correct. the things changed on a VXR is the lower section Fog lamp sorrounds and Honeycomb in the bar.

The SRi T has whats known as a VXR line body kit. which is an option overseas.

Shaun
10th October 2007, 09:30 PM
Im getting there, car already goes like a stock VXR (maybe a tad quicker if Motor mags stats are anything to go buy)…Might just give up and leave it as it is!
Go for the Spotlight inserts and surrounds Simon, all up it cost under $80 to buy and sent them over. As far as I know you can buy all the VXR parts from LMF.

Dont take Motor as being spot on. they test with a passanger and a Full tank of fuel and average over so many runs i believe.

Shaun

Apex
11th October 2007, 07:16 AM
Dont take Motor as being spot on. they test with a passanger and a Full tank of fuel and average over so many runs i believe.

Shaun

Ok, that would explain why the VXR could only muster a 15.2 quarter mile! My li'll beasty did considerably better than that on its first run!