PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Squealing

HisSRI
4th October 2007, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I was just after a little information or advice. When I reverse my Corsa C at times i get a huge squeal from the brakes. But this only seems to happen in reverse.

Is this a common problem???
Is it an easy job to fix???

Is it just something as simple as the disk's need machining? or is it a fault in the Corsa that will continue to be there???

Any help or suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

USC
4th October 2007, 12:23 PM
Disc may need machining...had the same thing with my astina and fixed it with new discs and pads.

Dee
4th October 2007, 03:10 PM
Greg, I'm having that same issue with mine. When my car went in for it's 45,000km service I asked them to check it out. They told me I just need new rear pads. So they've been ordered, should be with me soon I hope :D

MitchSRi
5th October 2007, 08:21 PM
My brand new 4500km old Astra SRi does it too.

In my case the brake pads havent bedded in yet according to dealer.

bornwild
5th October 2007, 10:53 PM
My brand new 4500km old Astra SRi does it too.

In my case the brake pads havent bedded in yet according to dealer.

Yeah it will get away after about 7000kms....depending on how you drive, that is. :)

MitchSRi
5th October 2007, 10:56 PM
Its an SRi .. theres only one way too drive it :)

So 5000kms odd and it should be gone then :) Cheers :D

nicecar
6th October 2007, 12:25 AM
There was a holden fault with brakes squealing. It happened on mine when my car was new and something got replaced free of charge - to do with capliers?? This was 4 years ago.

With the handbrake off and in neutral, even when pushed you could hear it. Not sure if it was just Astras on Barinas as well?

If it is not this problem, read that a good spray of WD40 on the pads/discs

gslrallysport
7th October 2007, 07:24 PM
Brakes squealing is harmonic vibrations between the pad backing plate and the caliper itself. Nothing to do with the pad material/bedding in/rotors...

The only time you'll hear noise from pad material is discs, is if you're using a VERY metalic based pad at low speeds...

The fix? Paint a thin layer of the back of your pads in Loctite Number 3 (Permatex) and you'll never have a problem again! ;)