PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Car Park Dents and Scrapes

digifish
4th October 2007, 09:09 AM
This is a US site so your will have to reverse the pictures/examples shown.

http://www.parkingbydesign.com/parkingframeset.html

It has complete coverage of all the issues and techniques :)

digifish

btm
4th October 2007, 09:35 AM
some dude has way to much time on his hands...

all the rules he pointed out i follow as much as possible :)

Wraith
4th October 2007, 09:46 AM
I was going to say the same as above......

Still shit 'can' happen in a public car park, but if you do go to some effort and think about it when parking in these places as I'm sure lots of us here do, you can prevent things happening...

Tfer
4th October 2007, 09:49 AM
I was going to say the same as above......

Still shit 'can' happen in a public car park, but if you do go to some effort and think about it when parking in these places as I'm sure lots of us here do, you can prevent things happening...

Agreed... but things still do happen :o

Noir
4th October 2007, 11:13 AM
Its the run away shopping trolley that is killer. :rolleyes:

btm
4th October 2007, 11:19 AM
that's why you park at the highest point (well attempt to at least) :)

skulless
4th October 2007, 11:23 AM
a good website for ppl who have no idea of how to park their cars. esp for ppl on the comedy call 'australia worst drivers' a few years back. lol

Huhness
4th October 2007, 12:06 PM
my friends car has been attacked by these MANY times.. i don't know what i'd do if i came back to my car and saw a trolley resting against the side of my car... cry probably.. :boohoo:

digifish
4th October 2007, 01:02 PM
One thing I have noticed that in an empty car park, if you park well away from others, and I mean waaaaaaaaayyyyy over the back, a good 45 seconds extra walk to the entrance, often when you come out there will be one or two cars parked next to you :mad: in the still empty car-park...it's like lone-cars are magnetic or something :angel:

Huhness
4th October 2007, 01:04 PM
One thing I have noticed that in an empty car park, if you park well away from others, and I mean waaaaaaaaayyyyy over the back, a good 45 seconds extra walk to the entrance, often when you come out there will be one or two cars parked next to you :mad: in the still empty car-park...it's like lone-cars are magnetic or something :angel:
hahaha yea i notice this too! i always park a long way from entry in weird spots and come back carpark empty still but all around me cars have been parked.. what is their logic..????? :confused:

digifish
4th October 2007, 01:15 PM
hahaha yea i notice this too! i always park a long way from entry in weird spots and come back carpark empty still but all around me cars have been parked.. what is their logic..????? :confused:

...I think it's...yeah that's a good idea I'll park away from others too...right next to *that* car...because they are too stupid to find their own lonely place:eek:

That said, I have taken two cars from new to sold without a single car-park ding.

digifish

shoey85
4th October 2007, 09:46 PM
i will mainly parralell park, i find it easy and lots of door room, theres always somwhere to parralell park.

btm
5th October 2007, 11:57 AM
i will mainly parralell park, i find it easy and lots of door room, theres always somwhere to parralell park.

just watch out for those gutters though...